Author Topic: Prestige Classes Played  (Read 10387 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Prestige Classes Played
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »
Blended Eras - the Guide to Port Talp
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »
Any chance we could see some of these unreleased books?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 05:29:29 PM »
Any chance we could see some of these unreleased books?

I can show you show of the prestige classes from them if you ask specifically.  I can even post them here so everyone can see.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »
I can show you show of the prestige classes from them if you ask specifically.  I can even post them here so everyone can see.
Okay, here's my wish list.

Acolyte of the Greenscale   Great Forest
Ancestral Speaker   Orcish Empire
Aroy'ogoylo Professional    Orcish Empire
Craft Master   Dwarven Kingdom
Drow Warlock   Underdark
Duwalmula   Ekarude
Emerald Brigadier   Kingdom of Yellowia
Epbuleer   Port Talp
Earthbound   Underdark
Evangelist   Of Religions and Cults
Great Forest Scout   Great Forest
Guardian   Champions in Shadows
Harcozaz   Orcish Empire
Hurjuseta Nutalyh   Exalted and Vile
Island Runner   Ekarude
Iztet   Ekarude
Kjemp Stavkast   Snowcap Lords
Knight of the Lady Protector   Barnstenagor
Knight of the Lord Protector   Pacyr
Knight of the Republic   Destroytian Republic
Lalakansakalpa   Rosetree
Lamdelacrante   Underdark
Maiden of the Republic   Destroytian Republic
Maiden of the Underdark   Underdark
Mystic Paladin   Champions in Shadows
Pastor   Of Religions and Cults
Physician   Pacyr
Plainsrunner   Barnstenagor
Regulator   Hertoplowis
Sandoo Shadow Hunter   Intoria
Sheriff   Great Forest
Sky Pilot   Plateauia
Streikland Fjell   Snowcap Lords
Templar   Of Religions and Cults
Twilight Sentinel   Underdark
Wandering Judge   Hertoplowis
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:52:06 PM by Malchia »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »
I will send you the books that are complete, and post ones from the books that are not.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:32 AM »
Sheriff (Tradition-based)

â€œIn my town, no one gets away with it.  If I don’t figure you out before the crime, I’ll definitely find you after.  Everybody knows that, and everyone understands what that means.  So as long as you know that and understand that real fast, you won’t have any problems here.”

The warning of a sheriff to a new resident of his town.

In the lands of the halflings, the law is enforced in a much gentler way than is most of the world.  While the methods of the investigator were appreciated, many halfling found them to be a bit harsh.  So the halfling constables began to develop their own unique skills based on those of the investigator, but slightly different.
   In most halfling communities, the sheriff is respected, if not loved.  He represents the best in halfling life.  A calm respectful enforcer of the law.  He has and is given the utmost confidence.  His ability to communicate to criminals and the people is nearly unmatched.  In many smaller communities, the Sheriff is often realistically more in charge than the town elder or mayor.

Requirements
   Alignment: any non-chaotic and non-evil
   Base Attack Bonus: +2
   Feats: Track, Investigator
   Diplomacy: 5 ranks
   Gather Information: 5 ranks
   Search: 5 ranks
   Survival: 5 ranks

Hit Dice: d6

Class Skills: Skill points at each level: 8+ Intelligence modifier
Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (any) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language, Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Use Rope (Dex)

Table 5: Sheriff
Lvl   BAB   Frt   Rfx   Wll   Special
1st    +0   +0   +2   +2   Law Officer Skills
2nd   +1   +0   +3   +3   â€œDon’t Cause Any Trouble”; Trap Sense +2
3rd   +2   +1   +3   +3   Quick Eye
4th   +3   +1   +4   +4   â€œFocus on the Problem at Hand”
5th   +3   +1   +4   +4   Ear for the Truth
6th   +4   +2   +5   +5   Unbreakable Logic; Trap Sense +4
7th   +5   +2   +5   +5   Mundane over Magic
8th   +6   +2   +6   +6   Words of Wisdom
9th   +6   +3   +6   +6   â€œListen to Reason”
10th   +7   +3   +7   +7   Deduction; Trap Sense +6

Class Features
•   Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Sheriff is proficient in all simple weapons and light armor.
•   Law Officer Skills: The Sheriff’s training gives him a +2 competency bonus to the following skill checks: Gather Information, Knowledge (any one), Search, and Sense Motive.  The Sheriff may use the Gather Information or Search skill in place of Survival when not tracking in the wilderness.
•   â€œDon’t Cause Any Trouble”: By making a Diplomacy skill check, the Sheriff can convince someone to stop their current acts, or intended acts.  The target of the Sheriff’s Diplomacy must be engaged in a dangerous or illegal activity for this skill to be used.  The Sheriff must spend a full round action to use this ability.  The target must make a willpower saving throw at a DC equal to half of the result of the Sheriff’s Diplomacy skill check.  If the saving throw succeeds, the target is unaffected and is immune to the Sheriff’s diplomacy for the rest of the day.  If the target fails, the target stops performing the act the Sheriff is advising against.  The act must be very specific, such as: “Put down the sword”, or “Climb down of that ladder”.  More complex commands, such as “Don’t break any laws this week.” Cannot be commanded.  This ability can be used each round.  It is an extraordinary ability.
•   Trap Sense: This ability works just like the rogue ability of the same name.  Any bonuses gained here stack with those gained through rogue levels.
•   Quick Eye: The sheriff imposes a -20 penalty to anyone using the Sleight of Hand skill in front of him and a -5 penalty on anyone using the Hide skill in front of him.
•   â€œFocus on the Problem at Hand”: The Sheriff can focus his mind on the moment, concentrating on solving the current problem.  Many believe this ability was taught to the first Sheriff’s by the Emenotan; or at least it was modeled after them.  By spending a full round action, the Sheriff can make a Concentration check.  Divide the result of the Concentration check by 3, and the Sheriff can add that result to one of the following rolls for the next minute: Diplomacy, Disable Device, Listen, Search, Spot, Survival, or Willpower saving throws.  The Sheriff can only be focused on one roll at a time.  He may not switch rolls without performing a new Concentration check.  He may end his focus any time as a free action, but must wait one round before focusing on something else.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   Ear for the Truth: By succeeding in a Sense Motive skill check of DC 20, the Investigator can determine if an individual is lying.  This ability is usable at will.  The target may make a Bluff check DC 40 to avoid this ability.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   Unbreakable Logic: The investigator’s rigid organized mind is not easily confused.  He is immune to Confusion, Maze, and similar charm-based spells.  He also receives a +2 bonus to all saving throws against Charms and Suggestions.
•   Mundane over Magic: The natural logic and skill of the sheriff is such that even magical illusions can’t fool him.  Whenever he comes into contact with an illusion, the DM secretly rolls an Intelligence check with a DC equal to 10+ twice the level of the illusion spell he sees.  If the check succeeds, the Investigator immediately knows that something is wrong in the area of the illusion.  This is an extraordinary ability which is always active.
•   Words of Wisdom: The sheriff can attempt to break a mind-affecting enchantment by reasoning with an affected creature.  The creature must be able to understand the Investigator, but does not need to be willing.  At the end of one minute, the affected creature gets a saving throw against the spell or effect.  They may add their intelligence modifier to the save as well as normal bonuses.  If the saving throw succeeds, the enchantment is broken.  The Investigator may attempt this any number of times per day, but only once per creature.  He may only try and persuade one creature at a time.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   â€œListen to Reason”: The Sheriff can inspire a great confidence in those under his protection.  By making a Diplomacy skill check, the Sheriff can grant all those that hear him a competency bonus to a skill check or roll for a number of minutes equal to his Charisma modifier.  Deputies under his supervision gain twice the bonus.  The DM has the final determination as to whether someone can be considered a deputy.
•   Deduction: The most skilled Investigators can piece together information from the smallest amounts of evidence and find clues where few others can.  Once per week, the Investigator can spend an hour looking at a scene or at evidence.  At the end of the hour, he learns the answer to one question for which he was looking for an answer.  This ability is similar in its scope to the Divination spell.  However, there are no components and the chance of success is equal to 90 percent plus the Intelligence modifier of the Investigator.  This is an extraordinary

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
Iztet and Island Runner are not complete.  Mostly done, but until there is a need based on and NPC or PC, I don't have them to give.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »
Scratch is on the path of the Twilight Sentinel prestige class.  This is what I have been using as a guide to get him there...

Kre’uscalair (Twilight Sentinel)
   â€œDarkness?  Light?? It’s all the same to me.  For a long time those two words held little meaning.  My life as I knew it was over.  There’s not much use for one of my talents without being able to see.  I was left by my “comrades” to fend for myself in the bowels of the Underdark.  I eked out a miserable existence living off underground mushrooms and the occasional grub or rat, until I literally stumbled across a Sentinel.  They took me in, taught me their ways.  When I had learned enough, I sought out my old companions for my share of the treasure we had found.  They were quite surprised to see me, more so of my skills.  I took my cut of the treasure, with interest.  You see these boots.  They used to belong to Geofrey.”

~ Transcript of the questioning of Tristan Lasithos;
 Half-Elven Ranger and Member of the Twilight Sentinels
When brought before an Icefian magistrate

The defeat of the spider queen destroyed most of the few existing traditions of the underdark.  This occurred because most of the traditions revolved around, were controlled by, or were inspired by the drow and their civilization.  One such tradition was nearly lost in the chaos that followed the defeat.  Had it not been for an isolated community of Grekku that maintained the skill of the Kre’uscalair, this too would have been lost.
   It is widely believed that the traditions and skills of the Kre’uscalair were developed a significant amount of time after the first earthbound, as the skills of the Kre’uscalair sometimes mimic those of the earthbound, which is known to have existed since the time of the early Orcish empire.

Requirements
   Alignment: None
   Base Attack Bonus: +4
   Feats: Blind-Fighting
   Listen: 7 ranks
   Ability: Wisdom 12+
   Other: Blind or nearly blind; ability to cast arcane or divine spells.

Hit Dice: d8

Class Skills: Skill points at each level: 4+ Intelligence modifier
List of Class Skills (Balance, Craft, Listen, Move Silently, Spellcraft, Survival)

Twilight Sentinel
Lvl   BAB   FrtSv   RfxSv   WllSv   Special
1st    +0   +0   +2   +0   Hear the Sound of Battle; Enhanced Senses; Pierce the Darkness
2nd   +1   +0   +3   +0   Magic Sight; +1 Caster Level
3rd   +2   +1   +3   +1   Ears of the Bat
4th   +3   +1   +4   +1   Improved Magic Sight; +1 Caster Level
5th   +3   +1   +4   +1   Enhanced Senses; Pierce the Darkness
6th   +4   +2   +5   +2   Ears of the Bat; +1 Caster Level
7th   +5   +2   +5   +2   Infinite Sight
8th   +6   +2   +6   +2   +1 Caster Level
9th   +6   +3   +6   +3   Enhanced Senses; Pierce the Darkness
10th   +7   +3   +7   +3   Improved Infinite Sight; +1 Caster Level

Class Features
•   Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Sentinel gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.
•   Hear the sounds of Battle: Your sense of hearing is so acute that you can pinpoint an opponent’s location by sound, allowing you to strike even if the opponent is concealed or displaced.  As a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you can attempt a DC25 Listen check.  If successful, you can pinpoint the location of all foes within 30 feet as long as you have a direct uninterrupted line to them (usually called line of sight in game terms).  This benefit does not eliminate the normal miss chance for fighting foes with concealment but it ensures that you target the correct square.  If you are deafened or within an area of silence you cannot use this ability.  If an invisible or hidden opponent is attempting to move silently, your Listen check is opposed by the target’s Move Silently check, but your target gains a +15 bonus on this check.  This ability does not work on perfectly silent opponents such as incorporeal creatures.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   Enhanced Senses: Gain +2 on checks involving Smell (Search (Only useable by Rangers having the Track ability or races that can track by Scent), Touch (Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Escape Artist, Sleight Of Hand), Taste (Detect Poison*), and Hearing (Listen).  Each time this feat is gained its effects stack.
•   *If a poison is ingested or imbibed, the Kre’uscalair gains a Fortitude save bonus equal to his/her Enhanced Senses bonus.  The sense of taste of the Kre’uscalair has become so acute that he is able to tell if a food or drink has been poisoned before enough of the poison can enter his system to do any damage.
•   Pierce the Darkness: Gain +1 to all melee attacks when using light weapons and on all ranged attacks.  Each time this feat is gained, its effects stack
•   Magic Sight: By expending one spell slot, a Twilight Sentinel can ‘see’ with the aid of magic.  Sight of this fashion lasts for 1 minute per spell slot level expended.  Someone with this ability can ‘see’ but not in the normal sense.  An individual can see at a normal distance.  Images appear 3-dimentional but outlined in a ghostly white.  Opaque things, as walls, trees, and people are still opaque, but range in shades of grey.  If they concentrate, and have had at one time the ability to see, the individual using this ability instinctively knows which color coincides with the shades of grey that they can see.  The color requires a Concentration skill check DC 12, made as a swift action.  A Kre’uscalair can use this ability even in magical darkness by expending a spell slot of equal or greater level.
•   +1 Caster Level: The Kre’uscalair may take this class level in Bard, Cleric, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, or Wizard.  This only applies to spells known, spell level, and number of spells per day.  No other class feats can be gained with this level such as Bardic feats like Inspire courage, Paladin Feats like increased Smite attempts per day, and Ranger feats like additional favored enemies.
•   Ears of the Bat: Gain +5 to Listen check when using the feat Hear the Sounds of Battle Feat.  Each time this feat is gained its effects stack.
•   Improved Magic Sight: As magic sight, if a 3rd level spell slot or above is used you can also see magical auras; lasts for 1 minute per spell slot level expended.
•   Infinite Sight: As Magic Sight, but always active.  No spell slots needed for activation. (3rd level spell slot or above must still be used to add the Detect Magic effect)
•   Improved Infinite Sight: As Infinite Sight, if 5th level spell slot or above is expended you can also affected as if by a True Seeing spell; effect lasts for 10 minutes per spell slot level used. (The True Seeing effect stacks with the Detect Magic effect)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 08:06:52 PM »
Sandoo Shadow Hunter

â€œ Sandoo…   Won’t touch em anymore.  More then once I’d have one cornered, ready to capture, and one of those hunter caste would show up.  Or I think it was one.  All I know is I was lucky to get out alive.  We never saw anything but out own blood!”
                     -- Anonymous slaver

The Sandoo were a simple people, happily living off the harsh desert lands which they call home.  When the disciples of Sutyr, led by powerful Fire giants, began to prey on the peaceful and primitive Sandoo the tribes of Sandoo where decimated.  Many where captured or killed.  Many hundreds of tribes had to combine just to survive.
Being pushed to the edge, a Sandoo champion stepped forward to lead his people.  Using the lessons of a harsh desert life and their natural abilities of stealth and agility the Sandoo fought back.  Eventually a small highly skilled warrior caste was formed.  Its task was to prey on the predators and to protect their people. 
-- Excerpt form a Desert Elven Tome

The Sandoo Shadow is a class born out of strife and necessity.  The Sandoo where being hunted almost to the edge of extinction, it was a few warriors starting the Shadow Hunters that saved their people.  The Shadow Hunters are still seen as the protectors of their people, and honored everywhere in Sandoo society.  They rarely leave the desert as they are almost duty bound to protect their people.
   Shadow Hunters as most commonly rogues or rogues mixed with ranger or fighter.  All other classes are uncommon, with only the rare paladin, cleric, or monk.  With the very specialized skills and abilities needed to train as a Shadow Hunter, few races other than the Sandoo can even make an attempt.  Some other Lizardfolk and the occasional Doppelganger or Nipit are the only races known to have successfully become Shadow Hunters.

Requirements
   Alignment: Any non lawful
   Base Attack Bonus: +5
   Feats: none
   Hide:  10 ranks
   Move Silently:  10 ranks
   Other: Must have the natural ability to change color, or Blend feat.  Must possess the Evasion ability.

Hit Dice: d8

Class Skills: Skill points at each level: 4 + Intelligence modifier
Craft (Int); Gather Information (Cha); Hide (Dex); Intimidate (Cha); Jump (Str); Knowledge (Creaturelore, Geography, Local, Nature) (Int); Listen (Wis); Move Silently (Dex); Search (Int); Speak Language; Spot (Wis); Survival (Wis)

Table 2: Sandoo Shadow Hunter
Lvl   BAB   FrtSv   RfxSv   WllSv   Special
1st   +1   +0   +2   +0   Sneak Attack (+1D6); Stealth is Paramount; Swift Hide
2nd   +2   +1   +3   +1   Instinctive Strike
3rd   +3   +1   +3   +1   Sneak Attack (+1D6); Improved Hide
4th   +4   +1   +4   +1   Displace (5%)
5th   +5   +2   +4   +2   Sneak Attack (+1D6); Ultimate Hide
6th   +6   +2   +5   +2   Improved Snipe
7th   +7   +2   +5   +2   Sneak Attack (+1D6); Killer Instinct
8th   +8   +3   +6   +3   Deep Wound; Displace (10%)
9th   +9   +3   +6   +3   Sneak Attack (+1D6); Dust Devil
10th   +10   +3   +7   +3   True Snipe

Class Features
•   Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The hunter doesn’t gain any weapon or armor proficiencies.
•   Sneak Attack:  This ability is the same as the rogue ability of the same name.  It stacks with any sneak attack bonuses the hunter already possesses.
•   Stealth is Paramount: Because stealth is paramount for the hunter, he can’t use a shield, and may only use light and medium weapons.  He may only wear Sand Crab Armor.  This is made from the Giant Chameleon Sand Beetle of the Intorian desert.  This armor naturally improves the stealth of the wearer by blending into the surroundings, thus when the shadow hunter hides, the armor doesn’t give him away.  This armor is only made by elderly Sandoo artisans and is rare.  Their training and their light armor and equipment allows the hunter to move more freely.  They gain +10 feet to their base movement.  If the hunter wears heavy or medium armor, or uses a heavy weapon, they lose all Shadow hunter abilities.
•   Swift Hide:  With this ability the hunter can make a hide as a free action.  However, this can only be done once a round.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   Instinctive Strike:  From the shadows, a hunter knows when to attack to give himself the most advantage.  The Shadow Hunter gets an addition +2 to attack while the target is flat-footed.  This stacks with other bonuses.
•   Improved Hide:  The hunter’s desire is so great to blend into his surroundings that he is almost impossible to detect.  A successful hide check now cloaks the hunter from all magical detections such as: Detect Magic, Detect Good, True Seeing, etc.  The caster of one of these spells may make a Concentration skill check against the Hide check of the hunter to spot the hunter with the spell.
•   Displace:  Using trickery of color and shadows, the hunter gains displacement as if he was affected by the Displacement spell, but the effectiveness of the displacement is not as great.  Attacks miss 5% of the time at 4th level and 10% of the time at eighth level.  This ability does not affect creatures that do not use vision to guide their attacks.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   Killer Instinct:  In the first round of attacks after successfully hidden, the hunter can make a series of well placed attacks before the target is ready.  All of the attacks made by the hunter in the first round have double the critical threat range. (e.g. the Kovan knife would critical on 18-20 before this ability, and 15-20 with.)
•   Ultimate Hide:  The hunter’s ability to blend is so great that his body forms to the surface hiding him.  He melds into whatever surface he is hiding against; magical, natural, or crafted.  He gains no additional benefits from the material in which he blends.  While in this form his movement is reduced to 20 feet, but he is immune to physical and energy attacks and cannot be detected by non-extraordinary abilities.  This is a supernatural ability.
•   Dust Devil:  The hunter’s ability to hide is so amazing; he can hide in thin air.  When using this ability he forms a little whirlwind, the hunter adds +40 to his movement, and can slip through the smallest of spaces between which only air could move before.  He is immune to physical attacks, but cannot affect anything physically.  This is a supernatural ability.
•   Deep Wound:  In the first round of attacks after successfully hidden, the hunter can make a series of well placed attacks before the target is ready.  The multiplier for a critical hit in this round is increased by one. (e.g. x2 increases to x3).  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   Improved Snipe: While hidden, the hunter can make his full compliment of ranged attack while still being hidden.  Because the hunter has to take care to give away his position, you cannot increase the number of attacks from the hunter base attacks in any way.  This cannot be combined with any other hunter class feats.  The person being directly attack in this way, gains a +10 to their spot check.  This is an extraordinary ability.
•   True Snipe:  In order to make the most of their stealth attacks the Shadow hunters have learned how to make a sneak attack at a range greater then 30ft.  The Shadow hunters Sneak Attack range is now 30 ft. plus 30ft. per dexterity modifier. (e.g. +4 dex would be 150ft.).  This cannot bet combined with Improved Snipe. (note: this is the maximum range of a sneak attack, you are still constrained by the range of the weapon you are using and penalties for distance still apply).  This is an extraordinary ability.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 11:36:38 PM »
*cry*

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 10:18:02 AM »
Note for the Sandoo SH, I have to add the typical caveat that doubling threat range for a critical cannot be applied to a threat range that is already doubled, and instead adds +1 to the range.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 10:45:49 AM »
While looking through these, I realized there are a few more to be added to the list, all from To Consecrate and Desecrate.

The Planar Channeler (Beverly from Port Talp and Clement of Falan), which has not been played by a PC.

In addition, the following prestige classes are allowed.  They are all planar classes.  Some are not available to PCs, but nonetheless are allowed on Habololy.

Celestial Mystic
Cancer Mage
Demonologist
Diabolist
Life Drinker
Swanmay
Vermin Lord

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
Here is the list of prestige classes not yet played by a player character.
I notice that Spy Agent is not on this list, but I can't think of a PC who played this. Were they just that good, or was it omitted from the list?

Side note, I have some characters that are a couple of levels away from acquiring some of these "unplayed" prestige classes: Marcanist (Gnickel), Belitrian Disciple (Taiji), Planar Channeler (Bryvus).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 09:36:42 AM »
I notice that Spy Agent is not on this list, but I can't think of a PC who played this. Were they just that good, or was it omitted from the list?

::)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »
So, who's up for an all Evangelist campaign where we spread the good word about The Collector?