General Category > The 4th Era Of Habololy

When to Begin

(1/5) > >>

Asinjin:
To be clear, I did take several hours off last not and didn't think about D&D planning.  It was relaxing and peaceful.

But I'm back now and looking to the future.  I set the marker at ten years, 801AC as the earliest.  However, there is no requirement that we start there.  If anyone wants to make the case or is interested in a somewhat longer jump (based on the results of the SNAP, hundreds of years is out), post you comments and we can discuss.

Windblade:
I would love to start as late in the future as possible.  Mostly to have a clear break from what we are doing now to post-snap.  I don't think 10 years is quite enough to make that clear break.  I am sure there are hundreds of in-game reasons that we can use to justify having it go longer or even shorter then the 10 years so to me this is more of a metagame decision (although I do see you put a cap on it based on the results of yesterday) that can be justified by in-game reason.  I would love to see at least 50 but anywhere from 25-100 would be great to me. 

Malchia:

--- Quote from: Windblade on July 13, 2020, 10:34:16 AM ---I would love to start as late in the future as possible.  Mostly to have a clear break from what we are doing now to post-snap.  I don't think 10 years is quite enough to make that clear break.  I am sure there are hundreds of in-game reasons that we can use to justify having it go longer or even shorter then the 10 years so to me this is more of a metagame decision (although I do see you put a cap on it based on the results of yesterday) that can be justified by in-game reason.  I would love to see at least 50 but anywhere from 25-100 would be great to me.

--- End quote ---
I agree.  I think starting around 850-875 sounds about right so that the next era ends around 900.

whitesword:
I will respectfully take the opposite position. I think jumping right to near the end of the war and having our characters have some influence on its outcome would be a good way to start. I have no interest in a completely clean slate as a player and especially as a DM.  I realize you guys have played consistently over the last five years and I have not been able to so understandably you may feel that many of your characters have reached a good stopping point but having new characters in an era where the old characters may pop up from time to time is a lot of fun. In 2.0 Habololy we went through that process a couple of times leading to some memorable and ultimately epic conclusions.

Windblade:
Yes, I agree that Habololy 2.0 was great for some of those reasons.   I just want to make sure the majority of our playing time is with new PCs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version