Author Topic: Cold Case  (Read 18469 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Cold Case
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:30 AM »
Besides case files, what other records are typically kept by the constabulatory?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 09:01:59 AM »
How many constables that worked on the case are still constables?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
"I understand."  During that conversation with Ularik, "Is Arsur'anyodel a common faith among the dwarves?  It doesn't seem to me that it would be?"

"No, not especially.  I, however, had an unfortunate encounter with the Cult of Dresta in my youth.  It was a Cleric of Arsur'Anyodel and the Constables of Mesada who saved my life.  Long story short, the Cultist grabbed me off the street one night as I was returning home from an errand for my family.  Apparently he wanted to use me as a sacrifice in some sort of ceremony.  After going through our Constable training, I can see why he chose me though.  I was young, not as strong as he, not aware of my surroundings, and mired in thought at the time.  My inebriated state that night may have played a factor as well.  At any rate, the Cleric of Arsur'Anyodel had been hunting the Cultist and, fortunately for me, cought up to him in Mesada.  They started fighting, the noise they made and my screams of pain from my part in the ceremony alerted that districts Constable Unit.  And, here we are."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »
Besides case files, what other records are typically kept by the constabulatory?
Everything related to a case should be in a file. Other documents you might find in a file include: interviews, confessions, evidence logs, warrants and sketches.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »
How many constables that worked on the case are still constables?
Besides the names explicitly stated; Firepeak, Thate, Blanchard and Millerson there are another twenty that appear as having held the scene where the body was found, conducted the searches for the murder scene, canvassed the area for witnesses and guarded Falce.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
Everything related to a case should be in a file. Other documents you might find in a file include: interviews, confessions, evidence logs, warrants and sketches.
I meant what other information is generally easily accessible to us that is not in the case file? Are there general criminal records where we could look for info on Falce? Tax records? You get the idea.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
I meant what other information is generally easily accessible to us that is not in the case file? Are there general criminal records where we could look for info on Falce? Tax records? You get the idea.
Got it.  Criminal Histories are kept by the constables as are a list of informants, though that is only accessible to the First and Second Deputies.  Tax records, birth, death and marriage records are maintained by the churches.  Military service is kept the Ministry of Defense.  The constables also maintain a fugitive list, the highlights of which were provided to you.  The constables keep a locker of lost and unclaimed property.  The length of time it is kept for varies based on factors such as value, uniqueness, danger etc.  That is kept at the city HQ.  Likewise evidence is maintained until a case is closed and appeals exhausted.  It is then destroyed, issued out or forfeited to the government or victim.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
Did the family report anything of note missing from his estate?  Wedding ring, or other piece of jewelry.  Is it known that he was carrying anything of note that night?  Not necessarily valuable, just unique.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »
Did the family report anything of note missing from his estate?  Wedding ring, or other piece of jewelry.  Is it known that he was carrying anything of note that night?  Not necessarily valuable, just unique.

If by unique you mean personal items, he was wearing a set of worn boots with purple stains from years of use in the vineyards and a walking stick with a scrimshawed ivory ball resembling the moon partially obscured by clouds at the end. 

There is no report of anything missing from the estate.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »
Were those items ever recovered?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 11:03:42 PM »
Is there anything in the notes about the significance of those items?  For example: The cane was a gift from the religion of Arsur'anyodel.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 11:11:22 PM »
The cane is a family heirloom and may have magical qualities.  The boots are just old.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »
Were those items ever recovered?
No.

If only there were some sort of business or service in Port Phiam that was set up to find lost items.....(*cough *cough Parker and Asinjin's 'Lost and Founders' *cough *cough)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »
Unfortunately, we're not back yet in the timeline.