Author Topic: Introspect Domain  (Read 12255 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Introspect Domain
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »
my vote:

- Add Cha and Int modifiers to all saves to resist mental attacks / effects

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
I like the last 2 also but the 3rd ability having a two ability score bonus could get out of hand.  I would suggest picking one of the ability scores only and maybe capping it at a +5 or I guess you can pick both ability scores and cap it at a +5.  A +5 bonus to all saves is very powerful.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
Nevermind I missread the ability 3.  It is fine how it is.  I like both the last abilities.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
So its definitely down to the last to abilities:

1 - Use Turn attempt to activate a Sanctuary spell with a DC of 10+ caster level.

2 - Add Cha and Int modifiers to all saves to resist mental attacks / effects

And so far the vote is 1-0 in favor of #2.

More votes please.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
Option 2

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
Are they going to stack or do you get the better of the two? The former would be a really big bonus.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 12:02:18 AM »
They do stack.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
They do stack.

We probably need to define mental attack in order to get an idea if this save bonus will be too big.  I had the same concern Whitesword had about the bonus being too big.  I think it will end up being fine because it will be a limited area of attacks but we should define mental attack.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
Compulsions
Charms
Anything that lowers Int, Wis, Cha
Psionic Control

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
1 Clear Mind (SP)
2 Owl’s Wisdom
3 Clarity of Mind
4 Tongues
5 Aiming at the Target (CA)
6 Karmic Retribution
7 Body Outside Body (OA)
8 Mind Blank
9 Astral Projection

Granted Power: Add Cha and Int modifiers to all saves to resist mental attacks / effects; which include: Compulsions; Charms; Anything that lowers Int, Wis, Cha; Psionic Control

Locked tomorrow unless any objections.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
Astral Projection is OK, but what are people's thoughts on this for 9th level?

Absorption
(Complete Arcane)

Abjuration
Level: Sorcerer 9, Wizard 9, Wu Jen 9,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Until expended or 10 min./level

Spells and spell-like effects that target you are absorbed, their energy stored to power spells of your own.

Absorption absorbs only ranged spells that have you as a target. Touch spells, effect spells, and area spells that affect you cannot be absorbed. Once the spell is cast, you can absorb 1d4+6 spell levels (rolled secretly by the DM). The level of each spell you absorb is subtracted from the total. If a spell is only partially absorbed (because its level exceeds the number of levels remaining to be absorbed), divide the number of spell levels left unabsorbed by the original spell level. For spells that deal damage, use the result to determine what fraction of the damage you take. For spells that create effects, use the result as a percentage chance to be affected.

For example, you have three spell levels of absorption remaining and are struck by dominate person (cast as a 5th-level spell). Absorption absorbs three levels of the spell, resulting in a 40% chance (2/5) that you will be affected normally.

If affected, any saving throw the spell allows you still applies. Likewise, if you're struck by disintegrate (cast as a 6th-level spell) with four levels of absorption remaining, two levels of the spell remain, and you take only 33% (2/6) of the damage you would normally take from the spell. You can use captured spell energy to cast any spell you know or have prepared, but spells so cast don't disappear from your list of prepared spells or count against the number of spells you can normally cast per day (so you so must keep a running total of spell levels absorbed and used).

The levels of spell energy you have stored must be equal to or greater than the level of the spell you want to cast, and you must have at hand (and expend) any material components required for the spell.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
Its a fair idea, but I think astral projection fits the feel of the domain better.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »

Granted Power: Add Cha and Int modifiers to all saves to resist mental attacks / effects; which include: Compulsions; Charms; Anything that lowers Int, Wis, Cha; Psionic Control

Locked tomorrow unless any objections.
so is this Wis (the normal modifier) plus Int plus Cha? Or is it Int and Cha in place of Wis?  I think all three would be really excessive.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:50 PM »
so is this Wis (the normal modifier) plus Int plus Cha? Or is it Int and Cha in place of Wis?  I think all three would be really excessive.

Good point.  Maybe this should be done a limited amount of times as an immediate action.  Maybe once a day in response to a mental attack.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Granted Power: Once per day, plus once per four clerics levels, the cleric may add his Charisma and Intelligene modifiers to all saves to resist mental attacks / effects; which include: Compulsions; Charms; Anything that lowers Int, Wis, Cha; Psionic Control.  This may be activated as a free action.  It applies only to one saving throw.