Habololy Books > Guide to Psionics

Power Points

(1/2) > >>

Asinjin:
My thought is five per level, plus a bonus equal to an ability modifier.  This would not be retroactive like constitution and hit points.

Windblade:
I would make the bonus a chart and base it on the ability score.  Similar to the ability score chart for additional spells.  I think that it is simpler then getting a bonus and not having it be retroactive. If someone lost their character or something then you would not be able to recreate their points.

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Windblade on February 16, 2019, 03:38:51 PM ---I would make the bonus a chart and base it on the ability score.  Similar to the ability score chart for additional spells.  I think that it is simpler then getting a bonus and not having it be retroactive. If someone lost their character or something then you would not be able to recreate their points.

--- End quote ---

It would not be different than Intelligence modifier and skill points.

Windblade:
I would consider making a chart similar to the ability chart.  I don't think the skill point like bonus is as good.  It is much easier to have an ability chart when making new characters. Also if you lose a character sheet it is much easier to recreate more accurate power points with an ability chart.  Also, I often get interrupted when leveling and don't always remember if I added my skill points or not and it very difficulty to recreate accurately if you do what level you got your ability score increase.  I think the chart solves these problems and much simpler.  That being said not a huge deal either but I just think ability chart is a better system then skill point system.

Hero:
How are power points recovered? Is it X pp/day which are renewed daily after 8 hrs of rest? Or are we trying for something different?

I have a vague recollection that 2e had an hourly pp recovery rate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version