Habololy Books > Guide to Tinker

Tinker Feats

(1/3) > >>

Hero:
There's a feat in Races of the Dragon called "Extraordinary Trapsmith" (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Extraordinary_Trapsmith) that reduces the cost and time required to craft traps by 25% (or 50% for kobolds). I think we can adapt this feat for tinkers:

Design-Build Expert
You can save time and money constructing a clicker by overlapping it's design and crafting phases. 
Prereq: Craft(clicker) 5, Knowledge(any tinker design category) 5
Benefit: When you determine the cost and the time required to create a clicker using one of your own designs, reduce the base price by 25%.  Because some decisions are omitted from the design and instead made on the fly during construction, the optimum design cannot always be achieved; the DC of tinkering checks made to operate a clicker made in such a way is increased by 2.
Special: A tinker gnome who selects this feat can instead reduce the base price by 50% for determining raw materials and time required to create a clicker.

Asinjin:
I don't know about the tinker gnome getting it to 50%.

Hero:
Probably right. Just kept it consistent with the trapsmith feat.

Hero:
Attention to Detail

Your thoroughness in planning ahead makes your designs easier to construct.

Prereq: Tinkering 4, Knowledge(any tinker category) 4, Craft(clicker) 4, Int 15+

Benefit: When designing a new clicker, you may add a number up to your Tinker level to the Design DC check for the clicker. If this check is successful, the Craft(clicker) DC to construct this design is reduced by the same number; construction cost and time are reduced by a percentage equal to this number, while design time is increased by this same percentage.

Asinjin:
I like this one a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version