Author Topic: Time Between Jobs  (Read 9471 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Time Between Jobs
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 09:11:16 PM »
I have other character concepts in my back pocket. I can pull one of them together if need be.

always room

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »
To promote the faith, Natsu will hold a contest similar to Sunoco's publicity gimmick. 3 times over the course of the summer, a randomly selected person spotted by Natsu or his designated agent (Profit) openly sporting a Collector holy symbol in public will win 1,000 gc. I'll take out an ad in every newspaper in the city to publicize the promotion.

If you offer 1000gc, there are symbols all over the place.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 10:19:46 PM »
I think Natsu had about 300 crafting days ahead of him from the point of corsair loot distribution. Profit was engaged in a portion of that too.

That puts the crafters of the rogues out of commission for quite a long time.  Seeing as how if they are busy for that long, there will have to be a season of rogues without them anyway, we might as well jump into it.

So we will have Schurke, Istvan, Tragona, Tragorum, Remy, Ayva, and Vincent.  Hero will have to be a new recruit.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 10:30:50 PM »
Figure out what you would have accomplished after 120 days and we will pick up at that point.
This would let Natsu free up some time for extra-curricular roguish activities.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 10:34:05 PM »
If you offer 1000gc, there are symbols all over the place.
I do. 3 times. I will buy the public's attention.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
This would let Natsu free up some time for extra-curricular roguish activities.

That is an interesting spell.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »
That is an interesting spell.
It's a construct, not a spell.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 12:03:10 AM »
It's a construct, not a spell.
If you actually create this, Profit falls to his knees and weeps with joy, all the while singing your praises as the Great and Powerful High Cleric of the Great and Powerful Collector.  I hire a bard to write songs, poetry, and advertising jingles based on your creative prowess and the Collector's generosity towards his faithful followers.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
If Natsu could buy 3 scrolls each of fabricate and arcane eye, I can make one for Ghansuk and Profit too (at cost) so we can all get back to guild business.

Only negative is that you would be down the spells needed for that day's crafting. Chase's armor and sword would put a serious dent in Natsu's available daily spell slots.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2017, 10:32:07 PM »
Natsu sends the Magikowners a bill for the constructs they destroyed, along with a polite letter requesting that the next time they feel threatened by the competition, they should look to improving their own archaic business model rather than resorting to breaking and entering and destruction of property to remain relevant.

I'll also take out an ad in all the local newspapers to make sure they get that message.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
Natsu sends the Magikowners a bill for the constructs they destroyed, along with a polite letter requesting that the next time they feel threatened by the competition, they should look to improving their own archaic business model rather than resorting to breaking and entering and destruction of property to remain relevant.

I'll also take out an ad in all the local newspapers to make sure they get that message.

What does you ad read?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 11:40:29 PM »
What does you ad read?
Attention Big Magik:

The people of Habololy deserve affordable magic items!

You cannot control the market through sabotage and intimidation of your competitors – perhaps you should look to improve your own archaic business model and inflated prices rather than resorting to breaking and entering and destruction of property to remain relevant.

The item crafting constructs I created would have reduced the Emporium’s already low prices even further, and could have saved the citizens of Port Talp thousands of gold coin on their magic item purchases.

Magic items are a wondrous gift from the deities that should be enjoyed by all. Regardless of your unprofessional antics and illegal activities, I will continue to provide innovative crafting techniques to drive down prices so that all citizens of Habololy, from the youngest orc to the oldest elf, can experience the joy of owning a magic item.

Sincerely,
Natsu Marvelmaker
Owner & Proprietor,
Natsu’s Emporium at the Collection Point

P.S. – An invoice for the property damage you caused has been forwarded to your Port Talp office. Please pay promptly in full.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »
You advertisement does not go unnoticed...

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 10:05:35 PM »
I also report the crime to the constables, and offer to pay for a chronomancer to come investigate the scene to identify the perpetrator.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »
I also report the crime to the constables, and offer to pay for a chronomancer to come investigate the scene to identify the perpetrator.

Some tragic event several years ago has sent the Chronomancers into hiding.