Author Topic: Did We Learn Anything?  (Read 407 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Did We Learn Anything?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 08:01:04 AM »
Laughs at Gareth..  " No if Haarl was the leader, he wouldn't be hiding behind half truths and lies.. it's not his style.  And .. you say his name with a growl in the middle.. not HARL.. like a common man.. it's HAARL.. "

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2024, 09:28:41 PM »
Laughs at Gareth..  " No if Haarl was the leader, he wouldn't be hiding behind half truths and lies.. it's not his style.  And .. you say his name with a growl in the middle.. not HARL.. like a common man.. it's HAARL.. "

Gareth looks very confused. “So you’re not going to ask because . . . No, I can’t come up with any way to complete that thought.”

Gareth turns to the Kobold. “Do you speak Common?  If not, anyone around who does?”  I offer him a silver piece.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 09:54:51 PM »
Gareth turns to the Kobold. “Do you speak Common?  If not, anyone around who does?”  I offer him a silver piece.

He shakes his head *no* but replies in what sounds to you like Horarian.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2024, 07:31:42 AM »
This would be the Divination spell (https://dndtools.net/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/divination--3543/. We get one question “concerning a specific goal, event, or activity that is to occur within one week.” 80% chance to successfully get a piece of useful advice in a format that can be a direct or cryptic. I will know if it fails.

Since I only have enough materials to do this once, I’ll ask the group for input on the question before casting. To lead off discussion, I propose: “How do we safely return to Melg in the Orcish Empire on the main continent of Habololy in our appropriate place in the timeline?”

Feedback and suggestions welcome. I would hope we don’t have to worry about deliberate misinformation or trickery in response since Yoshi is a cleric asking his deity for advice to support a mission that the Old Orc wants to be successful. Unless of course the gopher of lost knowledge is interfering.

That seems like a very well worded questions to get what we want.