Author Topic: The Year That Was  (Read 20024 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Year That Was
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2016, 01:16:11 PM »
As the summer of 787 arrives, the forest grows heated with activity.  Reports come in that Nort, the northernmost of the great Halfling communities has come to terms with Scaelhome.  It is the largest and closest to Scalehome of the three.  Ellic's reaction to the news is, "It was to be expected.  Nort is relaxed and removed.  They will agree to anything that allows their peaceful life to continue.  They would not have rallied to our side either.  I doubt they will contribute anything materially to Scalehome.  It is a victory for them, however, as they appear to have momentum."

Envoys are sent to Owt and Wes in order to persuade them not to join Scalehome.  They have been sent before, but efforts are doubled.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
Through the summer, both sides begin a long are arduous process of finding all of the villages of the forest.  Ellic wants to have a clear an idea as possible of the edges of Scalehome's power.  A cataloging of this sort has not been done since the height of the power of the Woodukes.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2016, 01:28:50 PM »
It is during that effort that an elf named Tamil arrives.  He is known to Grant and some others as a long lived hero of the forest.  An elf with as dark green hair as you have seen naturally on an elf, he is fit and lean and has the look of a creature that spends all of his time in the forest depths.  You learn that he has agreed to help find the villages and report on them to Ellic.  It becomes clear, however, that he will not help fight.

After meeting with Ellic and the elite, he comes to the gnoll camp.  He approaches Tarkin and the two begin to talk away from the rest.  You all know that this is who Tarkin was sent to train with when you were split.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2016, 11:16:43 PM »
Just to be clear, we are only aging the gnolls, not the Tyrogatorians, correct?

What's the general gnoll population's stance on undead? Efficient reuse of natural materials that make effective meat shields, or unholy abominations that must be scoured from the face of Habololy? I'm contemplating taking Fell Animate for Drax (creating a walking trophy from the corpse of your prey is the ultimate for of taxidermy), but if it's a social taboo I probably won't do it.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2016, 11:43:16 PM »

What's the general gnoll population's stance on undead? Efficient reuse of natural materials that make effective meat shields, or unholy abominations that must be scoured from the face of Habololy? I'm contemplating taking Fell Animate for Drax (creating a walking trophy from the corpse of your prey is the ultimate for of taxidermy), but if it's a social taboo I probably won't do it.

Those bone walkers are horrible, you can't eat them.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »

The Tyrogatorians will have had the same time pass, so you can age them.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »

Dedestroyt is vehemently opposed to undead, and being that his religion is the largest among the gnolls, undead are widely found to be abhorrent and disgusting.  your brother would strike them down immediately.

That said, they have no issue with golems.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »
Dedestroyt is vehemently opposed to undead, and being that his religion is the largest among the gnolls, undead are widely found to be abhorrent and disgusting.  your brother would strike them down immediately.

That said, they have no issue with golems.

Somewhere, Harrick is hatching a plan to control this entire war with a few well placed skeletal attacks causing a large number of Gnolls to blood lust, and run rampant!

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »

Sad. That could've been useful.

Any contracting opportunities in Balinhost for an expert taxidermist? Might as well try to put my downtime and skill points to use.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2016, 12:20:44 AM »
Sad. That could've been useful.

Any contracting opportunities in Balinhost for an expert taxidermist? Might as well try to put my downtime and skill points to use.

Very little, because gnoll and Fironi tastes are not at all similar.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 09:43:34 AM »
In the early autumn word arrives that the town of Owt, the second of the large halfling towns of the Great Forest, has come to terms with Scaelhome.

This news goes over poorly with Ellic and the leaders of Balinhost.  The terms of the deal, are not immediately known.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 02:02:09 PM »
The final of the three large halfling towns (they are each near 400,000 in population, but for a variety of reasons they have never been come to be called cities) is Wes.

Haas and others know that it is home to Kellen Brownclaw, the current master of Emenote who fought with you against the Mad Beast.  It is also the one site host of the Graplore.

In addition to that, Grant knows it to be a tradition halfling run community with a large lake and river.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2016, 10:25:21 AM »
Drax says to his brothers "I have been researching ways to defend ourselves against the tricks of the fey. I can craft an item that will protect all of us against the sleep arrows of the pixies (see "sphere of awakening" from MIC). It will cost 650 gc. I do not have that much money. All of us must contribute. How much will each of you give?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2016, 11:07:57 AM »
Drax says to his brothers "I have been researching ways to defend ourselves against the tricks of the fey. I can craft an item that will protect all of us against the sleep arrows of the pixies (see "sphere of awakening" from MIC). It will cost 650 gc. I do not have that much money. All of us must contribute. How much will each of you give?"

When Foost hears of this, he says, "I will cover your costs."  It does not appear to have taken long to come into some coin, although he does not appear to be living a luxurious lifestyle, he does have necessities plus.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2016, 02:33:49 PM »
I have been researching ways to defend ourselves against the tricks of the fey.
Ozzle has also been studying ways to defend against fey.  Through exhaustive research, he has discovered that when the pointy end of his spear and arrows enter the fleshy parts of the fey, the wretched creatures cease to exist.  He plans on testing this theory repeatedly in the upcoming battles.