Author Topic: Is that a metal winged Drow?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Is that a metal winged Drow?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 04:24:56 PM »
I knock more urgently.  If unanswered, I'll have Akrah knock powerfully while I look in the windows for signs of people stirring; possibly even the room where Damian is staying if I'm lucky enough to spot it from ground level.

I'm sure we've just been dupped, but we shoudl make sure.  << Knocking >>
He asked me questions like he was trying to figure out there we are going, I think we are safe in the city, he doesn't know where we are.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2022, 05:58:33 PM »
I knock more urgently.  If unanswered, I'll have Akrah knock powerfully while I look in the windows for signs of people stirring; possibly even the room where Damian is staying if I'm lucky enough to spot it from ground level.

A slide hole opens in the door after two minutes of knocking and a male voice asks in Horarian: "What do you want?"

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2022, 06:03:03 PM »
Do Yoshi and Gareth awake at Tyrogatores temple?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 06:51:16 PM by Hero »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2022, 06:19:12 PM »
A slide hole opens in the door after two minutes of knocking and a male voice asks in Horarian: "What do you want?"
I respond in Horarian: "Pardon the late night disturbance. I am Pastor Ozmodius Klemenz with urgent business on behalf of the church of Quan Yin.  My companions and I are on a pilgrimage and we have just been assaulted magically in our sleep.  Two of our party members are staying at your establishment and require medical assistance.  I am here to administer healing and assist in any other way possible.  The guests are Damian and Sama.  I humbly request access in order to perform my duties."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 07:41:34 PM »
Do Yoshi and Gareth awake at Tyrogatores temple?

No

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 07:43:37 PM »
I respond in Horarian: "Pardon the late night disturbance. I am Pastor Ozmodius Klemenz with urgent business on behalf of the church of Quan Yin.  My companions and I are on a pilgrimage and we have just been assaulted magically in our sleep.  Two of our party members are staying at your establishment and require medical assistance.  I am here to administer healing and assist in any other way possible.  The guests are Damian and Sama.  I humbly request access in order to perform my duties."

He asks you several questions about the religion of Quan Yin, seemingly to confirm your story.  Once satisfied, he says he will go retrieve them.

Damien and Sama are awoken shortly after.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 10:05:59 PM »
Damien and Sama are awoken shortly after.

"Some of us are trying to sleep.  It is the middle of the night.  What are you doing here?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 06:28:29 AM »
"Some of us are trying to sleep.  It is the middle of the night.  What are you doing here?
Sorry to bother you Damian, but I wanted to make sure you and Sama were okay.  We all seem to have been involved in some sort of mental attack in our sleep where our group shared the same dream.  Are you feeling alright and do you require any assistance?  Can you recall any of the details in your dream? 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 07:39:43 AM »
Once I recover some PP, I speak to Oz and Akrah and say that we should contact someone at Nojin'Riu'u and let them know what happened.  Who do you think the best person to contact at the temple is?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 08:33:35 AM »
grumbles something about "actually sleeping" and " Haarl wouldn't have been ..." 

Seems we can return to the temple Pastur..

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 09:18:28 AM »
grumbles something about "actually sleeping" and " Haarl wouldn't have been ..." 

Seems we can return to the temple Pastor..
Yes, they seem to be okay. 

Oz will thank the innkeeper for his time and head back with Akrah.  Since Taye mentioned he could contact the others, I'll let him do that to check up on them.  I suppose we should get some actual rest in order to restore our abilities for the day. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 09:40:31 AM »
Sorry to bother you Damian, but I wanted to make sure you and Sama were okay.  We all seem to have been involved in some sort of mental attack in our sleep where our group shared the same dream.  Are you feeling alright and do you require any assistance?  Can you recall any of the details in your dream?
I am a little tired from my evening, um, 'activities', but now that you mention it I do recall having a vivid dream.  We were being pursued by some something and we all came together to face it.  We confronted it as a crossroads, the moonlit night cool as a light breeze blew.  From out of the darkness a creature stalked towards us.  It's cold dead eyes holding only malicious intent.  Valiantly, we threw our strength against this beast.  Garret rained arrows down upon it, Yoshi and Ric slung their spells.  Akrah charging in to grapple it head-on.  Oz, healing us as the creature threw its might against us.  I kept it distracted with my words and wit, confusing and angering it.  Slowly, one by one, the creature brought you all low.  Akrah was the first to fall, the creature impaling its axe into her.  Garreth was the next to fall, that same axe hurled with a mighty strength, stopped him cold.  We learned a fearsome truth as next Ox, Ric and Yoshi fell to the creatures fiendish spells.  Until finally, alone I remained.  Determined, I brandished my chain.  The creature began to chant some arcane spell, but I was ready.  True was my blow and its casting interrupted.  It roared in anger and began a charge.  I roared in kind.  I roared for my fallen comrades, I roared in the face of death.  I roared for my children and my children's children.  I closed the distance.  My feet pumping on the the wet cobblestones hurtling me towards our foe.  My fate set, I knew only one of us would survive.  Whipping my chain around me, the torch light glinting off the polished metal, the distance shrunk.  Twenty feet, fifteen feet , ten.  We both struck at the same time.  And that's when i woke up to the innkeep pounding on my door. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 09:51:21 AM »
I am a little tired from my evening, um, 'activities', but now that you mention it I do recall having a vivid dream.  We were being pursued by some something and we all came together to face it.  We confronted it as a crossroads, the moonlit night cool as a light breeze blew.  From out of the darkness a creature stalked towards us.  It's cold dead eyes holding only malicious intent.  Valiantly, we threw our strength against this beast.  Garret rained arrows down upon it, Yoshi and Ric slung their spells.  Akrah charging in to grapple it head-on.  Oz, healing us as the creature threw its might against us.  I kept it distracted with my words and wit, confusing and angering it.  Slowly, one by one, the creature brought you all low.  Akrah was the first to fall, the creature impaling its axe into her.  Garreth was the next to fall, that same axe hurled with a mighty strength, stopped him cold.  We learned a fearsome truth as next Ox, Ric and Yoshi fell to the creatures fiendish spells.  Until finally, alone I remained.  Determined, I brandished my chain.  The creature began to chant some arcane spell, but I was ready.  True was my blow and its casting interrupted.  It roared in anger and began a charge.  I roared in kind.  I roared for my fallen comrades, I roared in the face of death.  I roared for my children and my children's children.  I closed the distance.  My feet pumping on the the wet cobblestones hurtling me towards our foe.  My fate set, I knew only one of us would survive.  Whipping my chain around me, the torch light glinting off the polished metal, the distance shrunk.  Twenty feet, fifteen feet , ten.  We both struck at the same time.  And that's when i woke up to the innkeep pounding on my door.
It would seem the details of your dream differ from what I experienced, but the results were the same.  As long as you're alright and in no danger, I'll leave you to your rest.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 09:58:48 AM »
That exchange was great, 25 xp each.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 10:02:39 AM »
It would seem the details of your dream differ from what I experienced, but the results were the same.  As long as you're alright and in no danger, I'll leave you to your rest.   
It's all about the details.  Details are what give a story life.