Author Topic: Invictor  (Read 2499 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Invictor
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
raises his hand .. " umm. Oni?"

Shinjo says: “Oni are spirits of the damned who can manifest their will here on the material plane. Some can take physical form while others can only attempt to possess a host. Most are evil but some are good who are cut off from their power or failed at some important task and have been left here to find a way to make good their efforts.  From what we have learned since arriving here, spirits of any type are uncommon on Habololy and Oni are almost unheard of. The “Great Spirits” as your Shamen call them would be considered Oni on other worlds.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 01:52:24 PM »
Shinjo says: “Oni are spirits of the damned who can manifest their will here on the material plane. Some can take physical form while others can only attempt to possess a host. Most are evil but some are good who are cut off from their power or failed at some important task and have been left here to find a way to make good their efforts.  From what we have learned since arriving here, spirits of any type are uncommon on Habololy and Oni are almost unheard of. The “Great Spirits” as your Shamen call them would be considered Oni on other worlds.”
How can we help to free these spirits?  It appears we've been able to destroy some of the evil ones, but if we could assist the good ones in completing their mortal tasks, then we should do so. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 02:12:06 PM »
There could be a lot to learn from old spirits if they have their mortal memories.  The spirits we fought seemed feral and wild.. just interested in destroying.  Though.. the whole EXPERIENCE is nebulus, I'm not sure we destroyed them, or just maybe broke their physical status on the prime.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2021, 07:32:28 PM »
How can we help to free these spirits?  It appears we've been able to destroy some of the evil ones, but if we could assist the good ones in completing their mortal tasks, then we should do so.
Shinjo says weak Oni cannot reform after they are destroyed. The more powerful must have their essence dispersed by spells or powerful holy weapons, but they will take months or even years to reassume physical form. Assuming they can even do so based on what you have told us.  As for freeing the others, only a shaman or a very powerful cleric can do that. Unless whatever power they follow arrives to collect them.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2021, 07:35:55 PM »
There could be a lot to learn from old spirits if they have their mortal memories.  The spirits we fought seemed feral and wild.. just interested in destroying.  Though.. the whole EXPERIENCE is nebulus, I'm not sure we destroyed them, or just maybe broke their physical status on the prime.

Iyuko says: “Here on Habololy only shamen can easily speak with spirits. Very powerful clerics and psions may also be able to do so.”

Turing to Shinjo he says in Horarian: “Master, I can hear the spirits in the shaman, but not understand them. They speak the ancient tongue of the Kami, or something very close to it.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »
Turning to Uther he says: “I am a clairsentient, not a telepath, but I have some ability. If you allow it I will attempt to unlock whatever is secreted within your mind.”
Please do. I will be grateful for any assistance you could provide. I must reclaim my own mind.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 10:04:08 PM »
Please do. I will be grateful for any assistance you could provide. I must reclaim my own mind.”

He concentrates for a moment but shakes his head. “Whatever touched your mind is gone. I can sense the aura’s and hear the spirits in the shaman but there is nothing within you. To unlock your memories you will need a telepath or a cleric of Celetal perhaps.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2021, 11:29:29 PM »
He concentrates for a moment but shakes his head. “Whatever touched your mind is gone. I can sense the aura’s and hear the spirits in the shaman but there is nothing within you. To unlock your memories you will need a telepath or a cleric of Celetal perhaps.”

Are there any Celetal clerics, or Telepaths close to the tower of jade and iron?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2021, 06:29:49 PM »

Are there any Celetal clerics, or Telepaths close to the tower of jade and iron?

Gahres says: “The high temple of Layraedia, which is the largest among the lands of the southern oceans, is in Olan. The high judge of Layraedia is there.  Further south is the Monastery of the Memory of the Seas, where you might find both clerics and psions.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »
Gahres says: “The high temple of Layraedia, which is the largest among the lands of the southern oceans, is in Olan. The high judge of Layraedia is there.  Further south is the Monastery of the Memory of the Seas, where you might find both clerics and psions.”

Lets Nisoru know there we might be able to go for help, wondering if it's within our timeline to do a little side journey.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2021, 11:43:45 AM »
Lachlan respectfully watches the sword training and is in awe...