Habololy Concepts > White Necromancer

So what exactly is white necromancy?

<< < (3/3)

Windblade:
I think  the white necromancer in 2nd Ed. on Habololy was basically someone who used healing magic, resurrection magic, and positive energy magic.  Basically similar to a priest except they used arcane magic to complete these task.    I think in 2E habololy life and death were seen as a continuum and the White Necromancer practiced the healing side of necromantic magic and the necromancer practice the side we traditionally picture as a necromancer.    I think this stemmed from the fact that healing and resurrection spells were classified as necromantic magic in 2E.

Asinjin:
Why can't the Necromancer just be a Wizard with the Necromantic specialty?  There are plenty of feats to supplement and augment them from there without the need of a prestige class.

Windblade:
I think then it misses the divine magic that is associate with a True Necromancer.     I think I can come up with some changes to the DoF that might help to solve the problem.  We can address that whenever though because I know Domains are the priority right now.

whitesword:

--- Quote from: Windblade on February 17, 2012, 09:09:58 AM ---I think  the white necromancer in 2nd Ed. on Habololy was basically someone who used healing magic, resurrection magic, and positive energy magic.  Basically similar to a priest except they used arcane magic to complete these task.    I think in 2E habololy life and death were seen as a continuum and the White Necromancer practiced the healing side of necromantic magic and the necromancer practice the side we traditionally picture as a necromancer.    I think this stemmed from the fact that healing and resurrection spells were classified as necromantic magic in 2E.

--- End quote ---

This is an excellent description.  To a certain extent the white necromancer is a medical dr.  Dr. Frankenstein would be an example of someone trying to use necromancy to a good purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version