Author Topic: The Maker of War  (Read 26971 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Maker of War
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2016, 10:52:28 AM »
Progress so far:

- Everyone but Grant has selected an item or none

- Valizar's foot problem has a solution

- You have found Mallory

- Sernene and Grant and trying to heal Cheadsolas

- Ellic is sending a request to Icefia

- Sernene is contacting Hertoplowis for an inquisitor

- You have learned about Maab and some of you foes
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2016, 01:54:24 PM »
Progress so far:

- Everyone but Grant has selected an item or none

Grant declines to take any of the items, feeling they could be put to better use by the defenders

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
So far for magic items:

Saladien - Spear
Syrus - Amber Dragonfly
Vor'Ruk - Ioun Stone
Haas - none
Grant - none
Ash - Wand of Entangle
Valizar - none
Rompei - Wand of Hold

Final list.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2016, 10:30:39 AM »
After fifteen days, you find that he is now in the pit in Scalehome.
I will also cast scrying and scry location daily as well, at different times each day.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2016, 10:44:45 AM »
I will also cast scrying and scry location daily as well, at different times each day.

You get the same results as the last time you tried to scrye the pit, that time you were looking for the mayor.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »
Shortly after the new year begins, Haas and crew are made aware that a noteworthy individual has arrived and that they should gather at the shrine of Dedestroyt to meet him.

When you get there, you see a square faced, six foot tall, black haired human.  He has tan skin and is wearing a banded mail like armor with the symbol of Dedestroyt latched to the front of it.

Ellic says, "This is Mortimor Lede, Stalker of the Dead."  The human nods.  "He has come to answer the call we sent out for assistant against Scalehome.  He brings with him letter for Haas."

The human stands and says, "Great Haas and Mighty Valizar, despoiler of Stronmus' offspring; I bring you tidings from the Nabil, Commander of Baerl." He offers a scroll.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »
Shortly after the new year begins, Haas and crew are made aware that a noteworthy individual has arrived and that they should gather at the shrine of Dedestroyt to meet him.

When you get there, you see a square faced, six foot tall, black haired human.  He has tan skin and is wearing a banded mail like armor with the symbol of Dedestroyt latched to the front of it.

Ellic says, "This is Mortimor Lede, Stalker of the Dead."  The human nods.  "He has come to answer the call we sent out for assistant against Scalehome.  He brings with him letter for Haas."

The human stands and says, "Great Haas and Mighty Valizar, despoiler of Stronmus' offspring; I bring you tidings from the Nabil, Commander of Baerl." He offers a scroll.

Vor'Ruk gives him a wide birth.  As I am a should be dead.  While he is here, I stay on guard, armored, on horse, lance out at all times.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2016, 11:12:04 PM »
"Thank you for answering our call for aid. I have travelled for a time with Vistrani Fell. He is an honorable warrior, and a paragon of the clergy of Dedestroyt. I trust you will be no different."

I hand the scroll to Grant to read.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2016, 11:39:09 PM »
It reads, "From the Mountain of Fire, To the Great Cleric Haas and Commander Ellic of the Great Forest Coalition.  Word has reached Intoria of your situation against Scalehome and their Fey allies.  If you would be so gracious as to accept my emissaries, lead by Adam de'Bellos, who will arrive in good time to you in Balinhost, they will discuss arrangements.  Yours in Greatness, Sultan Nabil, Commander of Baenrl."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
It reads, "From the Mountain of Fire, To the Great Cleric Haas and Commander Ellic of the Great Forest Coalition.  Word has reached Intoria of your situation against Scalehome and their Fey allies.  If you would be so gracious as to accept my emissaries, lead by Adam de'Bellos, who will arrive in good time to you in Balinhost, they will discuss arrangements.  Yours in Greatness, Sultan Nabil, Commander of Baenrl."

Ajax let's out a low, guttural, (very Orcish) snarl.  "I bear the Stalker no I'll will but I will not fight beside the servants of Baenrl. The fey are misguided and slipping towards damnation. The fire giants and their "allies" are already there waiting for them."

"Ellic, I will not abandon you or Commander Bradtree but I may choose to fight more of this battle on my own."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »
Ajax let's out a low, guttural, (very Orcish) snarl.  "I bear the Stalker no I'll will but I will not fight beside the servants of Baenrl. The fey are misguided and slipping towards damnation. The fire giants and their "allies" are already there waiting for them."

"Ellic, I will not abandon you or Commander Bradtree but I may choose to fight more of this battle on my own."
Wow, deja vu.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »

Wow, deja vu.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »
Ellic says to Haas, "Are you okay with this envoy coming to talk?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2016, 10:07:49 PM »
Ellic says to Haas, "Are you okay with this envoy coming to talk?"
"If you choose to treat with them I will not interfere but it is not in their nature to give aid and then depart.  Those you invite as allies are apt to remain as occupiers."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »
Early in the second month, Ellic reports another diplomatic event.

"Our gnoll allies, the skilled either brothers pack, while trying to rescue one of their own that was imprisoned at a fort of the Wooduke's.  They were trying to free Kaklan, a gnoll that had for a decade had fought on the Boiled Line for and with the halflings.  In the effort, they killed a Deva.  Two of the pack of eight are dead."