Author Topic: The Year That Was  (Read 20309 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Year That Was
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
It is not random, but there appear to be factors which alter the standard effect.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
It is not random, but there appear to be factors which alter the standard effect.
Have we pinpointed any of those factors over the course of a year's worth of experimentation?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »
Have we pinpointed any of those factors over the course of a year's worth of experimentation?

No.  Your best guess is that whatever those circumstances are, they arise in extreme danger.  In the intervening year, you have not been in a real life or deth situation.  Therefore, every time you have used you blood magic (still not often) the effects have been as expected.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »
No.  Your best guess is that whatever those circumstances are, they arise in extreme danger.  In the intervening year, you have not been in a real life or deth situation.
Drax would be willing to help Ozzle by placing him in extreme danger. You know, for science...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:38:20 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2016, 10:54:40 PM »
The Tyrogatorians will have had the same time pass, so you can age them.
During our downtime, Haas will cast the following for anyone who is interested and has proven themselves worthy of Tyrogatore's blessing (Valizar, Grant, Ash, Vor'Ruk, Ajax if he's around). Recipient will need to pay the material/focus cost as noted below:
  • Refuge - to allow you to return to your corner (Balinhost would be considered my "abode", I think) should you get into trouble - 1500 gc for the focus object (in this case a bell that's rung)
  • Stalwart Pact - 250 gc
  • Renewal Pact - 500 gc

Anyone?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:57:52 PM by Hero »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »

• Refuge - to allow you to return to your corner (Balinhost would be considered my "abode", I think) should you get into trouble - 1500 gc for the focus object (in this case a bell that's rung)

I think you should use the altered version of this spell and make some of these for all of us, the object can be fortune cookies.  Send them as a peace offering to Scalehome.  When they open them to get their fortunes, BOOM! instant shock troops.  You can call them "Deus Ex Tyrogatoria"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »
Have the clerics built a new shrine or temple in Balinhost for Tyrogatore?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2016, 12:43:34 PM »
First off, every gnoll gets 120 times their current level xp.
Maybe I missed this in the thread, but does this XP boost apply to the Tyrogatorians as well?  If so, is it also 120 x level?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »

Vor'Ruk would happily take part in Stalwart, and renewal.  He refuses Refuge as running away would be for those less capable and more cowardly, as he eyes Grant.

During our downtime, Haas will cast the following for anyone who is interested and has proven themselves worthy of Tyrogatore's blessing (Valizar, Grant, Ash, Vor'Ruk, Ajax if he's around). Recipient will need to pay the material/focus cost as noted below:
  • Stalwart Pact - 250 gc
  • Renewal Pact - 500 gc

Anyone?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »
Maybe I missed this in the thread, but does this XP boost apply to the Tyrogatorians as well?  If so, is it also 120 x level?

Yes and yes

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2016, 09:19:08 PM »
Vor'Ruk would happily take part in Stalwart, and renewal.  He refuses Refuge as running away would be for those less capable and more cowardly, as he eyes Grant.
Running? No. Not running. Tyrogatore provides a blessing that will allow us to regroup should we become divided by the trickery and deceitful arcane magic used by our enemies - fey, Scalehome, and Sky Giants. That is not cowardice. That is good strategy. The words you use to describe the blessings of the Lizard King are insulting. I may forgive you...He will not.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2016, 09:34:41 AM »

If Grant hears this exchange and sees the look Vor'Ruk guves him, Grant will calmly asks a random soldier for a polearm or staff.  He then proceeds to use the butt of the weapon to draw a 30' circle on the ground, in front of where Vor'ruk and his men are camped.  Once finished, he firmly tells any errant people within his circle that they should move, quickly.  When the circle is empty, he walks over to Vor'Ruk "Vor'Ruk, Are you implying that I am a coward?   I challenge you to defend your accusation.  I challenge you to Graplorean combat and ask that Father Haas sit in Judgement.  Let everyone see who the true coward is."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »
If Grant hears this exchange and sees the look Vor'Ruk guves him, Grant will calmly asks a random soldier for a polearm or staff.  He then proceeds to use the butt of the weapon to draw a 30' circle on the ground, in front of where Vor'ruk and his men are camped.  Once finished, he firmly tells any errant people within his circle that they should move, quickly.  When the circle is empty, he walks over to Vor'Ruk "Vor'Ruk, Are you implying that I am a coward?   I challenge you to defend your accusation.  I challenge you to Graplorean combat and ask that Father Haas sit in Judgement.  Let everyone see who the true coward is."

Smiles warmly with a glint in his eye. (as warmly as you can with tusks)  His chests flexes as his hands come together fist in palm.  His veins pulsing in his arms fresh from the 1000 legionair presses and rhino lifts he completed before breakfast.  " I will happily accept your challenge of you submit to a Suian round afterwards."  He pulls his perfectly polished bastard from it's scabbard,  it gleams in the sun.  He chuckles,  "But of course, an Orc would have more honor then to challenge someone at a decided disadvantage!  No Honor in that!!!  ".  He clomps around arms out to his unit as they cheer him. 
     He turns back to grant.. " How about a truly even contest!  The one who defeats more Fey in the next battle buys the next dinner for the other!! " He smiles widely, his eyes shifting longingly at the  battle circle.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:15 AM »

Smiles warmly with a glint in his eye. (as warmly as you can with tusks)  His chests flexes as his hands come together fist in palm.  His veins pulsing in his arms fresh from the 1000 legionair presses and rhino lifts he completed before breakfast.  " I will happily accept your challenge of you submit to a Suian round afterwards."  He pulls his perfectly polished bastard from it's scabbard,  it gleams in the sun.  He chuckles,  "But of course, an Orc would have more honor then to challenge someone at a decided disadvantage!  No Honor in that!!!  ".  He clomps around arms out to his unit as they cheer him. 
     He turns back to grant.. " How about a truly even contest!  The one who defeats more Fey in the next battle buys the next dinner for the other!! " He smiles widely, his eyes shifting longingly at the  battle circle.

Grant smiles his own, knowing smile. "If you have a Cleric who can cast your 'Suian Arena' spell, then I accept."  Grant walks towards the circle he drew on the ground, but stops after a few feet, his back to Vor'Ruk.  Grant says over his shoulder, "Unless you are afraid of not being able to lift your sword after I am done with you."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »
Grant smiles his own, knowing smile. "If you have a Cleric who can cast your 'Suian Arena' spell, then I accept."  Grant walks towards the circle he drew on the ground, but stops after a few feet, his back to Vor'Ruk.  Grant says over his shoulder, "Unless you are afraid of not being able to lift your sword after I am done with you."

Vor'Ruk walks over and has a talk with Rompie. (what level is that?)