House Rules > Critical Misses

Limited High Level Critical Misses

(1/3) > >>

Asinjin:
Thoughts?

Zunder:
Too many rules.. leave it be

Windblade:
I would just add a simple chart.  If you miss on a 1 then your roll on the chart.  The majority of the chart nothing happens but a miss.  Then  add random things that you normally do on a critical miss to the chart.  If you would get a bonus on the chart based on your BAB  so it is less likely for something bad to happen to you if your are skilled warrior

If you want to make it a little more complex then you could only use this chart for people who have a class that uses the best BAB and monks with flurry of blows because I only think it is a problem for people who are skilled warriors and then critically miss a lot.  I think you could use the same thing now for all other classes.

Windblade:
While I was looking for the magical missile thread I stumbled upon this.  I was just curious what others had to say about this.

Valdis:
I can see 2 options. 

* I would say that if a players BAB is higher or equal to an opponents AC, then it should just be a miss on a roll of a 1.  This would only come into play at higher levels,  and only in certain situations.
* Make a feat that negates the added effects of a critical miss.  Set the Prerequisites high so that players can only take it at higher levels.  Maybe add some feat requirements that only martial classes usually take to narrow down who can take the feat even more. 

Either way, critically missing as a high level martial class would have a lessened effect, but still keep it the same at low levels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version