Author Topic: Just one last thing . . .  (Read 23086 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Just one last thing . . .
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2020, 05:56:50 PM »
After he tells me to keep the wugs away, I tell him I will use a windstorm to do that, but I don't go into that much details for time sake.

He says: “If there is any sort of permanent wall you can put up, place them inside the city. Some of them will reach the gate and the longer we block or delay them the better.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2020, 05:57:22 PM »
~With the 30 archons in the city hunting infiltrators, I would think you should go a pick off anti magic wugs in the field to stop them from getting into the city~
Done and done.  I'll plug away at anti-magic creatures.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2020, 06:18:46 PM »
He says: “If there is any sort of permanent wall you can put up, place them inside the city. Some of them will reach the gate and the longer we block or delay them the better.”

I have one scroll of Wall of Stone, that is it.  Does he object to the wind storm?  That will last for three hours and keep them at bay (Fort save DC 25 each round to move in it)
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2020, 07:58:26 PM »
I have one scroll of Wall of Stone, that is it.  Does he object to the wind storm?  That will last for three hours and keep them at bay (Fort save DC 25 each round to move in it)

“I defer to your knowledge of magic but the wug line is half a mile wide and some of them will get free. Anything that keeps them outside the walls while Nisoru and I rally the defenders is valuable.”

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2020, 08:09:39 PM »
I will place it so that they will have to go through the wind to get in.  Every round moving through it requires a save, so only those very close have any chance of getting in to the city, and those that do we come in at a rate the archons can handle.  Keep in mind when they miss a save, they are pushed towards the center.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2020, 08:14:54 PM »
I will place it so that they will have to go through the wind to get in.  Every round moving through it requires a save, so only those very close have any chance of getting in to the city, and those that do we come in at a rate the archons can handle.  Keep in mind when they miss a save, they are pushed towards the center.

“Understood. Stasis and Smofarf be with us.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »
Assuming neither the Bloated nor Uscis are within striking distance, Ari regroups back to the gate to help defend it. Walking, unless someone gives me a ride.

I think Asinjin’s plan is a good one.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2020, 01:19:54 PM »
She appears in the midst of a frozen tundra but she is confident she is back on Habololy.
Must be close. Navi will use her last teleport to appear 30 ft above the castle wall where all the action is.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
Agreed

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »
Assuming neither the Bloated nor Uscis are within striking distance, Ari regroups back to the gate to help defend it. Walking, unless someone gives me a ride.

Ari is on the front line of the Icefians with Arion and Solaris. You haven’t taken any of your actions in the rounds following the vortex opening. See the timeline above. Note- as is the case for Solaris when the wug line arrives the first few ranks of Icefians will be in their anti-magic shells.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »
Ari is on the front line of the Icefians with Arion and Solaris. You haven’t taken any of your actions in the rounds following the vortex opening. See the timeline above. Note- as is the case for Solaris when the wug line arrives the first few ranks of Icefians will be in their anti-magic shells.
Since Rubius now knows what to look for, he'll target the first wave of anti-magic wugs before they break the line.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
Since Rubius now knows what to look for, he'll target the first wave of anti-magic wugs before they break the line.

The wugs reach the Icefians in round 5 so you only get two rounds of shooting before you go with Benlin to slow down the northern line.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:13:32 PM by whitesword »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2020, 09:19:31 PM »
The wugs reach the Icefians in round 5 so you only get two rounds of shooting before you go with Benlin to slow down the northern line.
That's fine.  I aim for the those with anti-magic.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2020, 08:34:12 PM »
The first minute:

Round 1- the vortex. Asinjin and Benlin are moving toward the barbarians and north corps.
Round 2- the Icefians regroup and prepare to meet the wug charge. Asinjin and Benlin are still moving.
Round 3- Asinjin and Benlin in position. The Archons begin fetching rocks. Gales returns.
Round 4- the southern wug corps charged the Icefian formation. First round of archon boulders.
Round 5- Asinjin/Benlin goes to get Rubius
Round 6- Solaris rallies the Icefians
Round 7- Second round of Archon boulders
Round 8- Benlin’s cometfall
Round 9- Barbarians cut off the wug north center corps. They divert towards the city gate.
Round 10- Asinjin’s motes
Round 11- Remnants of the north corps reach the Icefian lines.
Round 12- The rear Icefian legion begins to hinge to flank the wug corps on the south.
Round 13- The wug rear divisions move to block the flanking Icefians
Round 14- Asinjin and Benlin meet King Oliver on the walll
Round 15- the flanking Icefians and wug blocking divisions come to grips and the wug are driven back
Round 16- the windstorm begins.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2020, 08:35:39 PM »
Is Benlin’s counter specifically ready against a dispel or any spell the Bloated casts?