Author Topic: Stalking in a Winter Nightmare Land  (Read 9206 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Stalking in a Winter Nightmare Land
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 06:09:43 PM »
Benlin and Kerkly amusingly aid as your assistant chefs.
As luck would have it, Rubius is able to grant them bonuses to their Craft (cooking) checks in order to make them competent assistants.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 07:23:33 PM »
The mistress of the kitchen, a very large human woman of considerable age and girth, fixes you with a glare that is as frightening as Lloth’s visage: “Under no circumstances are you putting seafood before her majesty; she is pregnant. I will have Lord Vanyar remove you if need be.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 07:30:08 PM »
Parker will glean all the information he can about how the Heart of Winter works from our Chosen friend. He is specifically interested on how a person can operate or control it. He also gets as much info as he can about its weight and composition.

He will also ask about common temple of Frostine layouts. Are they all uniform in appearance/layout? Same size? Etc...

Argest says “I do not know the command words but I will speak with the clerics of Gnarion before we depart. The Heart is the size of a large chest, about four feet long and two feet high. It appears as clear ice with a large snowflake frozen in the center. Once activated it levitates but when inert it weighs nearly a ton.”

“Large temples are shaped like snowflakes but this is a smaller temple, shaped like three triangles representing icicles.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 07:56:25 PM »
The mistress of the kitchen, a very large human woman of considerable age and girth, fixes you with a glare that is as frightening as Lloth’s visage: “Under no circumstances are you putting seafood before her majesty; she is pregnant. I will have Lord Vanyar remove you if need be.”
Rubius smiles widely at her and behaves as if she was sweeter than honey.

"Very well my dear, I do not wish to endanger anyone.  The seafood can wait until another time.  What would someone of your obvious expertise recommend?  I'd be happy to prepare her majesty's favorite dish along with the rest of the feast."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »
Rubius smiles widely at her and behaves as if she was sweeter than honey.

"Very well my dear, I do not wish to endanger anyone.  The seafood can wait until another time.  What would someone of your obvious expertise recommend?  I'd be happy to prepare her majesty's favorite dish along with the rest of the feast."

She relaxes and an extensive chalkboard is shown to you.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
Argest says “I do not know the command words but I will speak with the clerics of Gnarion before we depart. The Heart is the size of a large chest, about four feet long and two feet high. It appears as clear ice with a large snowflake frozen in the center. Once activated it levitates but when inert it weighs nearly a ton.”

“Large temples are shaped like snowflakes but this is a smaller temple, shaped like three triangles representing icicles.”

Will it radiate evil?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 09:43:52 PM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »
Most likely

What level of evil do you suspect?  Ari has a knack for sensing that type of thing from quite a distance.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 10:15:30 PM »
What level of evil do you suspect?  Ari has a knack for sensing that type of thing from quite a distance.

I am not sure. Evil is not it’s purpose but Frostine created it so I am sure there must be some trace.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 12:27:34 AM »
I am not sure. Evil is not it’s purpose but Frostine created it so I am sure there must be some trace.

Will we need to be protecting from cold and ice when we approach it?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2020, 06:50:37 AM »
She relaxes and an extensive chalkboard is shown to you.
I go over the options on the chalk board and work with her to prepare a lavish feast, making sure to compliment her and smile at her through the entire process.  At the end of this food prep session, I hope she'll be as buttered up as the baking pans I use for the Poed pies.   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2020, 09:21:29 AM »
Will we need to be protecting from cold and ice when we approach it?

Not from it but if he summons a horde of Ice para-elementals

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »
Any intel on defenses we can expect to encounter at the barrier, the temple, and in Marius’ general proximity?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2020, 07:53:01 PM »
...tunnel under it with Asterik...
Depending how wide the barrier is at the point of crossing, it may take a while for us to get under it.  Astrek does not burrow very quickly. We’ve also never taken this many people underground at once before; not sure if air will be a problem if the tunnel is long.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2020, 08:49:47 PM »
Depending how wide the barrier is at the point of crossing, it may take a while for us to get under it.  Astrek does not burrow very quickly. We’ve also never taken this many people underground at once before; not sure if air will be a problem if the tunnel is long.

Now that we have returned to Habololy, Kerkly gathers his Lantern Archons.  There are now 34 of them.  They can teleport themselves, so they can all come with us.