Author Topic: A Task Accomplished; A Task Ahead  (Read 3309 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
A Task Accomplished; A Task Ahead
« on: June 16, 2020, 06:23:50 PM »
If everyone will send me or post their level I’ll award XP

The tower now stands a third of a mile inland, on the rocky northwest coast of Layraedia. To the west the terrain becomes broken hills and cliffs; to the south and East dense forest and to the north the sea. The door of the tower faces southeast. There is a 30’ circle around the tower of ground that clearly does not match the surrounding terrain but otherwise the tower appears as if it could have been here for centuries.

All of the shades stand in the sun, taking turns looking at the tower and the surroundings. The master says: “We can never repay you for what you have done. Though our ways may strange to you, if ever you are in need of aid, guidance or respite you are welcome here. We have much to learn of this world before we decide how best to find our place in it. We would be eternally grateful for any guidance you can offer.”

Turning to Asinjin: “Though we may never reconnect to the Kami here, I have no doubt you have fulfilled Ama-Tsu-Mara’s desire to see the tower reconnected with the remnant of our people. You are welcome to come to us anytime, to teach or to learn.” They all bow.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
Re: A Task Accomplished; A Task Ahead
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
Rubius is 19th.

Rubius bows back and, although the shades no longer require food, offers to teach them the art of cooking if he's ever passing through these parts again.  Being experts in crafting, they may appreciate the lessons.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:01:33 PM »
Asinjin 17th and Kerkly 16th

Asinjin bows as well.  "You are quite welcome.  I hope that you find this world pleasant.  I know that you will be able to contribute to its health and evolution."  cough cough

"Let me warn you, there are groups that will look to destroy you or take want you have.  Beware a group known as the guardians.  They seem good hearted but its their incompetence that was partially responsible for Nilis Ahnor's arrival.  Beware a deity of shadow and the draining of knowledge whop has no name but will certainly look to wipe you out.  Beware chronomancers that travel the world and will try to con you into thinking their magic is effective."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 03:49:29 PM »
  Beware chronomancers that travel the world and will try to con you into thinking their magic is effective."
Parker 22

Parker is equal parts hurt and irritated at that comment.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 07:17:37 PM »
Parker 22

Parker is equal parts hurt and irritated at that comment.

(I really should award Asinjin some extra XP for being so effective while mentally ill).

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »
Sha'ar was 16 :)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:02:59 PM »
Ari is at 23.

I can stay for a few days and share what I know of our hone world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
Vello-Shan says: “I would be honored to share what I know from memory but eventually you would be best served by coming to the College and speaking with the Acting Dean, or perhaps the Dean herself.”

(You get the sense this may be the greatest day of Vello-Shan’s life)

Sakune Agashi, the warrior dressed in full armor, emerges with the remaining pieces of the regalia and a glaive. “Take these and put them to an honorable use. I suspect in time others may seek them out as they were made for all the clans, not just the Kenai.”  He hands the glaive to Ari. “Give this to your woman. I am certain Ama-Tsu-Mara will restore her to life. This is the Hawk that Breaks the Storm. It served generations of Sohei on our world.”
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 09:34:09 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 09:39:33 PM »
Three minutes after you return to Habololy, Asinjin alerts you that a group of five medium creatures are teleporting in and will appear nearby.

When the flash comes (and I assume we have all readied ourselves) the group of five that appear are four identical humanoids and one that is different.  They all clearly wear the flag of Iott on their chests as a badge.

Those that look similar are clad in hoods and robes that mundanely and magically make any method of identifying them impossible.  They have the same coloring shape and size.  They are not cloaked in darkness and foreboding, their colors are blue and grey with hints of orange and red on belts and boots.

The one that stand different is a human male nearly six feet tall.  He is middle ages with well kept hair brown in color and cut mid length.  He has no facial hair, no scars, and has a completion any would envy.  He is wearing the same boots, belt and robe as the others, but he has no hood.  He is wearing a thin crown of silver and gold wire.  He has bracers and several rings on both hands.  All of these are prominent and meant to be seen.

"I am Malkavoy, Planeswatcher of Iott.  I come in peace."  He looks briefly at a ring.  "It appears as if I have lost some time.  Would one of you explain to me what effect caused that?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 10:51:39 AM »
The shades all look at each other and to all of you for some guidance. The voice of the seer, Iyuko Kitao, sounds in all of your heads.

“Greetings, we are the protectors of this place, The Iron Tower. We have been freed of a long imprisonment, wrought by the curse of Amat, by these brave warriors. We mean you no harm. We are a remnant of the Horarian people and have been sent here to aid them in reclaiming some of their heritage.  None of us speak your common tongue but I can communicate with you in this fashion until my brothers prepare a tongues spell.”

He then introduces the others.

As he is speaking Asinjin detects two more teleports incoming.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »
As he is speaking Asinjin detects two more teleports incoming.

Number of and size of individuals coming in, also exact location?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 02:20:39 PM »
Number of and size of individuals coming in, also exact location?

Two medium sized appearing at the edge of the circle near both groups.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 04:36:20 PM »
Two medium sized appearing at the edge of the circle near both groups.

Asinjin lets everyone know they are about to have more visitors.

"More friends?" he asks the Iottians

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 02:09:19 PM »
Parker puts his hand casually on the hilt of his new sword. “ These guys like to stick their noses into everyone's business. Thousands of miles from Iott and they still think they somehow own all of magic. “

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 03:55:40 PM »
The two new arrivals appear. The first is a Sakor’aki, deep maroon from his chest down and light blue from the shoulders up. He has a wand in his hand. Many of you recognize him as Haskra the Reddened, Dean of the Bardic College school of magic.

The second figure is a dwarf. He is of average height. His hair and beard are impeccably groomed, his robe is far to heavy for this climate is of the finest quality, bejeweled in the symbol of Smofarf. He has a staff that is too tall for a dwarf.

After they appear they look at one another briefly, clearly aware that something did not go as planned. Haskra gestures to both Asinjin and the Iottan leader with a nod of his head and the the dwarf responds with his own silent bob.

The dwarf looks at the tower for a few moments, examining the jade and iron and tracing some of the characters without touching them.