Author Topic: Unphriendly Phobos  (Read 23219 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Unphriendly Phobos
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »
A few minutes pass and two more figures arrive. The first is a tall feather winged man dressed in a silver robe with a golden belt. He too wears a silver gauntlet and is armed with a great sword and a long bow that is fit for a giant. Beside him is a man of average height and build with golden hair that seems out of place for his age.  The winged figure speaks: "I am Amasial, servant of Tyr. This Cocyan, servant of Behamut. Ares has attacked Sif and Verconis and has sworn vengeance upon all of you for the "death" of Phobos. We are here to protect you until the danger passes or you are returned to your world."

Sh'Aar thinks the speaks.. "Is there a safe place for us to go?  Even on our own world there is little stopping him from killing us.  It was a fair fight, and we where not the aggressor."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 01:53:32 PM »

Sh'Aar thinks the speaks.. "Is there a safe place for us to go?  Even on our own world there is little stopping him from killing us.  It was a fair fight, and we where not the aggressor."

Cocyan says: "Although he is mighty, Ares cannot send an avatar or a proxy to Habololy. He would have to weaken at least the Oldest Orc and likely Habastly and Dedestroyt as well. He can send agents, fiends and the like. Until this is resolved you will have to be on your guard. Only on the upper planes would you be safer than on Habololy."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:53:45 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2016, 11:15:07 PM »
As you draw near the great tent you see Baerevan (and his companion), Parker and Kerkley appear. There is no flash, they are simply there when they previously were not.  Beside them, near the entrance to the tent, are twelve halflings, all armed with short swords and admantium chain mail. The tallest of the group Ari recognizes as Avoreen. He has none of the cheerful, celebratory look about him that you saw at Stasis' castle.  His troop are all watchful and relax only slightly when they see all of you and your companions.

Avoreen goes to Baerevan. "My friend, you are wounded!" The gnome waves him off, "Lord Corellon has seen to it as best he can. A glass or three of Asgard's best mead will see me right."  Avoreen's face reddens. "That cur, to strike at one of the powers of the Elder Children over the defeat of his wretch of a son; who was clearly at fault."

"Phobos has never been accounted among the brightest but this foolishness is a new low. For him or any of the Olympians."

Avoreen turns to all of you: "My friends, tents have been summoned for all of you. If you are not completely safe already you will be when the new day dawns. For now these are matters that must be discussed among the powers."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 02:07:42 PM »
Sh'aar goes into her tent and has a mini mental breakdown.  Crying and girly stuff.  (ick)  Life is definitely easier at home, used to being just one guardsman rather then in a small group of elites. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
Sh'aar goes into her tent and has a mini mental breakdown.  Crying and girly stuff.  (ick)  Life is definitely easier at home, used to being just one guardsman rather then in a small group of elites.

When Benlin looking for a place to hide from this, he takes comfort that he is not the only one overwhelmed and he sobs nearby, also wishing to go home.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
Avoreen turns to all of you: "My friends, tents have been summoned for all of you. If you are not completely safe already you will be when the new day dawns. For now these are matters that must be discussed among the powers."
"Pardon me for asking Avoreen, but how is it that we've suddenly become completely safe?  Not a few moments ago, we were told we were in grave danger.  Forgive my ignorance of the inner workings of the upper planes, but what happens when the new day dawns that keeps us safe?  Is there any way to check on Habololy to make sure our family, friends, and our world for that matter is safe?" 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »
"Pardon me for asking Avoreen, but how is it that we've suddenly become completely safe?  Not a few moments ago, we were told we were in grave danger.  Forgive my ignorance of the inner workings of the upper planes, but what happens when the new day dawns that keeps us safe?  Is there any way to check on Habololy to make sure our family, friends, and our world for that matter is safe?"

Avoreen looks you over as if evaluating a new sword. "That is a fair question, though I am used to being taken at my word.  My presence coupled with Amasial and Cocyan should be enough to drive off all but the mightiest of avatars. I doubt Ares is anxious to risk the loss of another so soon. We will send word to the Guardians, if it has not been sent already. As for the dawn, well, there will be a council of powers far mightier than I. Then even Zeus himself wouldn't dare come here uninvited.  Rest easy this night."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
Avoreen looks you over as if evaluating a new sword. "That is a fair question, though I am used to being taken at my word.  My presence coupled with Amasial and Cocyan should be enough to drive off all but the mightiest of avatars. I doubt Ares is anxious to risk the loss of another so soon. We will send word to the Guardians, if it has not been sent already. As for the dawn, well, there will be a council of powers far mightier than I. Then even Zeus himself wouldn't dare come here uninvited.  Rest easy this night."
"Very well; thank you for your reassurance."

Rubius heads to his assigned tent and tries to use his sending stones to reach out to Emelda and the kids.   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 04:05:37 PM »
"Very well; thank you for your reassurance."

Rubius heads to his assigned tent and tries to use his sending stones to reach out to Emelda and the kids.   

They are well and undisturbed.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2016, 10:12:44 AM »
Parker collapses to the ground where he appears.  He waves off any offers of help or assistance.  He doesn't talk, but makes it clear he wishes to be left alone.  After several hours of sitting, he finally shakes his head as if coming out of a mental fog, rises, and finds the tent that has been set aside for him.  He gets himself cleaned up and then goes to find Benlin and/or Kerkly or any spellcaster he recognizes from the Guardians.  He will bug, bribe, or cajole as needed to get someone to let him copy the 'Sending' spell into his spellbook. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 10:19:39 AM »
Benlin doesn't have a spellbook that Parker can understand.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2016, 10:58:23 AM »
Parker thanks him and quickly moves on.  He looks like a man on a mission.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 11:00:33 AM »
Parker thanks him...
Wow, Parker actually thanks someone?  Rubius is impressed.   ;)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »
Wow, Parker actually thanks someone?  Rubius is impressed.   ;)

Benlin, by proxy, helped Parker not die. Parker respects his spellcasting ability and usefulness.  And Parker is always amicable to those he finds useful....

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »
Parker does not see any of the Guardians this night and only your companions are familiar to you.

You find your tents with the aid of the keepers. Each houses an extra dimensional space roughly four times the outside footprint of the tent. Inside they are comfortable but not lavish with stands for armor, whetstones and oil for your weapons, clean water and strong soap. A meal of cold chicken, cheese, bread and mead awaits you as well. The beds are firm, canvas stretched over a wood frame. Outside it is much colder than it was near Faunel but the tents remain comfortable.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:35:10 PM by whitesword »