Author Topic: The Best Augury Ever  (Read 23707 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: The Best Augury Ever
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 10:07:05 PM »
I'll alert the marines that we are going into the Temple and request a few squads to cover the entrance and the black field should a massive undead-horde spill into the streets.

I will also inform the First Deputy of the false Balthazar and our plans to enter the Temple. You know where to look if you don't hear back from me.

Asinjin says, "Might it be helpful to the mission to call in Roland?  I can Send him."
Yes.

Envenoming sheath/weapons and the life-drinking amulet will be destroyed. Guardians can probably do it.

Will a chameleon skin fit Astrek?

As Parker is perusing his spellbook, "Do we have any protections against the Mind Flayers psionic abilities available to us?"
Protection from Evil will prevent mind control.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
The psionic skin only fits humanoids, S, M, L only.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »
Each also had the following psionic items: chameleon skins +20. These can only be used with no armor or psionic armor.  A ring of improved inertial armor +6. One of them had a circlet (crown) of the beast and the other had a third eye of concealment.
I'll take the third eye of concealment. I think it's the only thing I have space available for.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
As per Ari's agreement, Asinjin sends to Roland, "Ari knows where your sword will be, come to (where we are at) within the hour.  Be ready to go somewhere for a battle.  Asinjin."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »
Rubius takes nothing until he's confident that all other party members are properly outfitted with helpful gear, including Roland once he gets here.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
As per Ari's agreement, Asinjin sends to Roland, "Ari knows where your sword will be, come to (where we are at) within the hour.  Be ready to go somewhere for a battle.  Asinjin."

Just so I'm clear are you telling him to come to the temple or meet you at the entrance?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »
I want him to come where we are preparing, which is the temple of Tfop, correct?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »
I want him to come where we are preparing, which is the temple of Tfop, correct?

Yes.

He replies: I will be there by the end of the hour.

He arrives approximately five minutes before you intend to depart.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 02:56:04 PM »
Someone fills in him on the plan and ask if he wants to help.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 03:05:59 PM »
Roland seems genuinely troubled by what you tell him.

I will go with you. I only ask that if it is possible we take Malfesseus alive. The return of my family codex means more to me than the sword or any of my other possessions.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
Kerkly asks Roland, "Do you have any conditions or beliefs that might hinder my ability to bless you?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
Kerkly asks Roland, "Do you have any conditions or beliefs that might hinder my ability to bless you?"

You would know better than I cleric. I am a faithful servant of Hansui and Tyrogatore if that matters.

Lord Governor, if I do not survive this assault, the Onice I have been interrogating are being held in the old prison in the far northeast corner of the city. They are all in fair health but will need to be moved once winter comes.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
"Those beliefs will do fine." Roland gets put in the Greater Status when cast.

Did we determine if the Lantern Archons will be able to accompany us?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
You would know better than I cleric. I am a faithful servant of Hansui and Tyrogatore if that matters.

Lord Governor, if I do not survive this assault, the Onice I have been interrogating are being held in the old prison in the far northeast corner of the city. They are all in fair health but will need to be moved once winter comes.
Okay. I'll scribble that down on a piece of paper, put it in a sealed envelope on my desk, and instruct one of the acolytes to deliver it to the constable station the day after tomorrow unless otherwise instructed.

So the last 2 times we tried to infiltrate a well fortified structure we faced a dispelling wall. Both times it proved challenging for some of us to pass. Let's plan ahead this time. Anyone have any thoughts on how to deal with the one we will undoubtedly encounter today?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2014, 07:39:29 PM »
"We could always wait and cast only what is necessary to get us through the hidden entrance, then, once inside cast the rest.  I am sure if we plan ahead we can get everything cast in a minute or two.  Once inside find a defensible position, spread the fighters out to cover the casters in the event we are attacked."