Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 53284 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »
Asinjin's plan is to get the the castle, study spells, help defeat the siege, then wait to see what shoe if any falls next before leaving for the winter.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »
We need to get back to the castle.  Ari and Asinjin can fly, so would Nisoru be able to take both Parker and Rubius?  Rubius only weighs 50 lbs. and all his gear is in a bag of holding, so it wouldn't add any extra weight to Elayu's carrying capacity.  Once there, Asinjin will head off to find spell books and prepare.  The rest of us will meet with whoever is still alive and in charge and try to disable the Juggernaut.
Elayu's ability to take Rubius is dependent on how much Parker weighs.

So Rubius' goal is to disable the juggernaut.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
Asinjin's plan is to get the the castle, study spells, help defeat the siege, then wait to see what shoe if any falls next before leaving for the winter.
Defeat the siege is too broad. Juggernaut, fiends, berserkers, zombies, pick one or maybe two.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
I will leave the zombies to Ajax and Ari.

I can do nothing against the juggernaut, although I will lend the scarab to the warrior I think best able to stop it.

My efforts will be around bottlenecking and stopping barbarians.  I will have twinned Dolorous Motes (32 10x10 foot cubes, 3200 square feat of stall for 16 rounds) Willpower DC 30.  I will also prepare Widened Transfixes (20 foot radius, anyone that enters DC30 Willpower or be paralyzed for 16 hours).

I imagine a Transfix can put an end to any barbarian effort to get through a gate or such.

I can also unleash a variety of holy lightning attacks on the fiends and undead if needed.

Here is the best I think, a purified greater call lightning.  I can call down 16 5d12 lightning strikes on the fiends...yeah, that's it.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
I will leave the zombies to Ajax and Ari.

I can do nothing against the juggernaut, although I will lend the scarab to the warrior I think best able to stop it.

My efforts will be around bottlenecking and stopping barbarians.  I will have twinned Dolorous Motes (32 10x10 foot cubes, 3200 square feat of stall for 16 rounds) Willpower DC 30.  I will also prepare Widened Transfixes (20 foot radius, anyone that enters DC30 Willpower or be paralyzed for 16 hours).

I imagine a Transfix can put an end to any barbarian effort to get through a gate or such.

I can also unleash a variety of holy lightning attacks on the fiends and undead if needed.

Here is the best I think, a purified greater call lightning.  I can call down 16 5d12 lightning strikes on the fiends...yeah, that's it.
Are those spells you have to go memorize?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »
Dorolous Motes I have ready, the others I have to memorize.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »
Still waiting for Ari and Parker's goals.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 11:13:57 PM »
Ari persistently suggests that the best course of action is to pursue Uscis.

Failing that, I will defer to the orders of the King once back in the castle.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 11:17:05 PM »
Ari persistently suggests that the best course of action is to pursue Uscis.

Failing that, I will defer to the orders of the King once back in the castle.
Assume for the moment you are left to your own choices. What are your immediate goals?  See Asinjin's post above for direction.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »
The Juggernaut.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »
Parker will go and defend the castle or barring that go get orders from Arion. He can be heard saying that the best way to rescue Allanda is with the kingdom's resources.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2013, 11:26:22 PM »
As you fly north over the city you can see the chaos all around the city and castle.  A force of barbarians numbering perhaps three thousand are besieging the High King's gate with little success. Some of the wiser, or perhaps better lead, have scaled the walls and are sacking some of the great mansions that surround the promenade. Others are attacking the high temples with varying degrees of success.  The temples of Tfop and Hemator are fully under attack while the temples of Stasis and Gnarion with their more militant followers seem to be repelling the attacks. The temple of Falan they appear to be avoiding entirely. 

As you clear the walls of the city you can see the situation around the castle. One of the doggedens has been slain; it's ruined body slumped against the west wall. The other is clearly wounded but it is engaged with defenders near the southwest corner. Barbarians clamor up its back onto the walls but none seem to have made their way into the courtyard as the defenders  cut them down as soon as they make their way clear of the great beast's protective reach. 

The defenses continue to lash the assembled hordes with fireballs and occasional bursts of force along with catapult and cannon fire, though by now most of the enemy is inside the range of the conventional weapons.  A barrage of spells erupts from the walls. Some are directed at the doggeden, others are sent into the massed force below. 

The juggernaut is before the great southern gate. It appears to have sustained damage on all surfaces but it shows no sign of collapse. It is surrounded on all sides by thousands of zombies and taking cover behind it, safe from most of the castle's arsenal is the bulk of the barbarian force. 

To the west flank of the juggernaut is the fiercest fighting.  One hundred yards or more from it's massive rollers is a huge sphere of light with Ajax at its center. He and dozens of warriors, many of them Knights of the White Sword, are hacking their way through the ranks of zombies in an effort to reach the juggernaut.  The zombies appear only to be delaying Ajax and the others. As Ajax holy aura envelops them most crumble into dust after only a few seconds.  

On the east flank Damon and the giants and a force of gnomes and Icefian soldiers are likewise hacking and trampling their way closer to the construct. Many of the giants appear wounded, burned for the most part,  but still moving forward. The source of their injuries becomes apparent as the juggernaut in turn unleashes a fireball of its own every few seconds at the castle, keeping the defenders away from the gate towers.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »
How long has the battle been raging this day?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
How long has the battle been raging this day?
About an hour.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »
You clear the east wall and land on the battlements.  There is a cheer from the defenders as word of Ari (and Astrek) and Nisoru's return spreads.  Nisoru says: I am going to Arion. He is fighting the doggeden.  He takes Parker and Rubius across the courtyard to the west wall. Luigi, seeing the other wizards seem to be concentrated there follows as well. As you cross the courtyard you can see that as many people as possible have crammed into the inner bailey around the palace and that the marks of several fireball detonations can be seen closer to the outer walls. 

As they fly away Asinjin places his motes in a pattern sure to disrupt the barbarian advance. The motes are even more effective than usual as the barbarians have no regard for their fellows and those that are enchanted are trampled by those behind until each cube is filled with crushed berserkers. 

Ari has a few moments to consider the juggernaut from the battlements. It is a terrifying sight, towering above the castle walls and crushing the frozen ground beneath its rollers. It is covered in blood and  on the eighth tier you can see Minister Drayton, chained in place and seemingly mesmerized.  Above him you can see the pulsing red ruby heart and you have no doubt it perceives the situation around it in some way. 

As Elayu swoops down towards the battle on the west wall Nisoru leaps off and onto the doggeden's head, avoiding its lashing tongue. Standing before the beast's maw is Lord Whiteknight, slashing at its muzzle with his sunblade. Arion is surrounded by a huge globe of white light with Martine beside (sometimes before) him. They are fighting the elite of the berserkers as they clear the doggeden's back.  Parker finds Thale, Thamolly and Russel, who are coordinating the magical assault on the horde. 

Meanwhile, Asinjin is admitted to the palace where he finds thousands of children, most crying, being comforted by Lira, Queen Degala and the young queen in waiting of the south.  Groups of jesters and bards, mostly students from the college are moving among the throng performing tricks, telling stories, singing and playing instruments.  Asinjin is lead to a quiet room to memorize his missing spells. 

Some specific input would be helpful at this point.