Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 52761 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
"It is very noble of you to say, and appreciated my friend.  But I would not let you sacrifice yourself for me.  You are a father and husband and have a long family life ahead of you."  cough hack cough

"I, on the other hand, will likely not even live long enough to see all of the idiocy of this frigid nation removed."
The first part earns a nod from Nisoru; the later a raised eyebrow.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
Asinjin pauses, "I apologize, I should have said in this frigid nation, not of." and bows slightly.  cough cough
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 10:59:09 PM »
Uscis does not appear. From his position Luigi can see the red glow of fireballs and the sickly green of disintegration rays in the sky above the castle. All of you can hear the nearly continuous roar of the cannon.
Can you do that again, Master Wonderword? Except this time, wish us to Uscis instead.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »

Here is an interesting debate, I used my spells from yesterday, but had resting long enough to prepare new spells, but had not yet done so.  So I can prepare spells, and cast a number that I had not yet cast today, correct?

Correct. The spell slots have been recovered, but have not been filled yet.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »
Can you do that again, Master Wonderword? Except this time, wish us to Uscis instead.

"I would most appreciate if you waited until after I prepared to do that."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

I can.. being that it didn't work one way, i'm not sure it would work the other.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »
I can wish us to him, but if we are attempt that, we need to act quickly.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
In a flat, focused voice as he is working on the dragon, Parker says, "Asinjin will not go until he has had time to prepare.  That will be an hour at least.  Master Wonderword, I would not have you waste such a potent spell needlessly.  I understand the need for haste, but charging after her before we are ready is foolhardy at best.  Once we are prepared, you can use your spell to get us to Uscis." 

After stuffing the dragon's items and some scales into his bag of holding, Parker will walk over to Ari and hit him with as many Cure Moderate Wounds from his wand as is needed to get him healed.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
In a flat, focused voice as he is working on the dragon, Parker says, "Asinjin will not go until he has had time to prepare.  That will be an hour at least.  Master Wonderword, I would not have you waste such a potent spell needlessly.  I understand the need for haste, but charging after her before we are ready is foolhardy at best.  Once we are prepared, you can use your spell to get us to Uscis." 

After stuffing the dragon's items and some scales into his bag of holding, Parker will walk over to Ari and hit him with as many Cure Moderate Wounds from his wand as is needed to get him healed.

The chances of this working decline rapidly.  Very well Parker, when you are ready.  Get some good hide for me, I need to build my magical arsenal up, as i predict my life will get more interesting.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
"We need to find a way to annihilate the remaining parts.  We know that the juggernaut can raise undead."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
"We need to find a way to annihilate the remaining parts.  We know that the juggernaut can raise undead."

Could we teleport the corpse to the cannons and destroy it with those?  The gunmen could probably pulverize it into paste.  If not that, is there a prayer available that one of the Clerics could use to prevent it from being raised?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
"The remains are too heavy, and we cannot teleport on the College grounds."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 05:33:54 PM »

The weight of the dragon's items precludes you from moving them without magic and they far exceed the capacity of your bag(s) of holding.

Still looking for a total amount of time spent here. I need to know to accurately describe the situation at the castle. Just removing the dragon's items to the ground and carefully taking some scales and hide will take half an hour or more.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
Nisoru's griffon should go up and report within two minutes of his arrival here.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »
The weight of the dragon's items precludes you from moving them without magic and they far exceed the capacity of your bag(s) of holding.

Still looking for a total amount of time spent here. I need to know to accurately describe the situation at the castle. Just removing the dragon's items to the ground and carefully taking some scales and hide will take half an hour or more.

Well, Huthrim could stay behind to dismantle the dragon.  We need to stay here long enough to have Nisoru fly back to the castle, get a cleric to pray over the corpse to prevent it from being raised, then fly back to the college with said cleric.  Once we accomplish that, we can exit the campus grounds and teleport back to the castle.  However long that takes is how long we remain unless someone has a better suggestion.