Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 52758 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »
Nisoru looks aghast at that statement. "We will find her. It is all but impossible to hide an imprisoned power."

How much time do you spend investigating the scene and or dissecting the dragon? Truly dismembering it is the work of hours. Huthrim shows no sign of leaving as he goes about the grim work.

The dragon has six items: a ring, an anklet, a crystal eye mounted in a gold sphere, an earring, a single iron scale embeded above its heart and a tail spike. None of them change size when you pile them up. It takes both Parker and Huthrim to remove the eye and lower it to the ground.

Rubius will help load the special items into his and Parker's bags of holding.  After that, he will go with the group to defend the castle.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »
Rubius will help load the special items into his and Parker's bags of holding.  After that, he will go with the group to defend the castle.

Due to simultaneous posting with Asinjin, I retract my previous statement and revise it to this:

Rubius will help load the non-evil special items into his and Parker's bags of holding.  After that, he will go with the group to defend the castle.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »
I will Detect Magic to get a school and power level on the items.  Just in case one is a item of wishing.

"Nisoru, can you see any detail of what goes on at the castle?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
"I need to return to the castle in order to get my spellbooks and memorize spells."

"Are any of the items evil?" directed towards Ari.

"Parker, can you figure out what the items do?"
The tail spike is evil.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 10:02:57 PM »
Bard-Like Knowledge (d20+12)check results in order: (a ring) 22, (an anklet) 31, (a crystal eye mounted in a gold sphere) 18, (an earring) 22, (a single iron scale embedded above its heart) 20, (a tail spike) 22.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »
Bard-Like Knowledge (d20+12)check results in order: (a ring) 22, (an anklet) 31, (a crystal eye mounted in a gold sphere) 18, (an earring) 22, (a single iron scale embedded above its heart) 20, (a tail spike) 22.
The anklet provides freedom of movement and increases speed for a period each day. No idea on the rest.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
"Does anyone not have magical boots?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
"Does anyone not have magical boots?"
Note my comment that none change size.

Collectively the items weight several thousand pounds.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
I will Detect Magic to get a school and power level on the items.  Just in case one is a item of wishing.

"Nisoru, can you see any detail of what goes on at the castle?"
I don't have the power rules in front of me but they were all made by a 18th level caster.

Nisoru sends Elayu back aloft to get a view.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »
Schools of magic?  The Freedom of Movement and Speed increase would be moderate.

Right, they didn't shrink.  Since none of them will fit, not much need to go into detail for now.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
Still need an answer on how long you remain at the scene.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
I think the plan is to fit what we can into the bags of holding then head for the castle.  If nothing fits, we leave it and go.  Maybe Luigi can put a protective barrier up around the items like a force cage or prismatic sphere. 

The problem is that Asinjin needs time to prepare spells since he still has several unused slots.  Since we don't have that kind of time, we can leave Asinjin here at the college to prepare spells while we tend to the castle's defenses, or we can take our chances with what spells he has left.  I'd rather not have him join us in battle unprepared and senselessly risk his life.  I can always stay behind with him in case Usciis shows up.  I may not be much of a match for him, but I can at least distract him long enough for Asinjin to escape if need be.  You need his magic more than my bow.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
"I need to return to the castle as soon as possible.  I realized I don't have my spellbooks with me, they are at the castle."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
I think the plan is to fit what we can into the bags of holding then head for the castle.  If nothing fits, we leave it and go.  Maybe Luigi can put a protective barrier up around the items like a force cage or prismatic sphere. 

The problem is that Asinjin needs time to prepare spells since he still has several unused slots.  Since we don't have that kind of time, we can leave Asinjin here at the college to prepare spells while we tend to the castle's defenses, or we can take our chances with what spells he has left.  I'd rather not have him join us in battle unprepared and senselessly risk his life.  I can always stay behind with him in case Usciis shows up.  I may not be much of a match for him, but I can at least distract him long enough for Asinjin to escape if need be.  You need his magic more than my bow.   
Nisoru says: "My friend, that is very brave but, I hope, unnecessary. Even if Uscis wanted to return he would have to defend against the wards and protections of the grounds. I suspect he will take his victory and be content to have escaped."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

"It is very noble of you to say, and appreciated my friend.  But I would not let you sacrifice yourself for me.  You are a father and husband and have a long family life ahead of you."  cough hack cough

"I, on the other hand, will likely not even live long enough to see all of the idiocy of this frigid nation removed."