Author Topic: Storm My Castle...Please  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Storm My Castle...Please
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
Back to the remainder of my inquisition questions:

7) Who leads the barbarian forces?

8) Who made you the offer to come to Icefia and do this?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
My locate creature worked on the dragon, correct?

How long did it take it to get from where it was to the edge of the barbarians where I attacked?

How hard was it working to move as fast as it was?  Meaning, did it seem to be moving 1x, 2x, 3x, or 4x to go that fast?
Yes the spell worked. It was clearly moving faster than normal but did not appear to be exerting itself.  You were about a mile away from it and it was there in well under a minute.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »
At one point during this planning, Asinjin has a coughing fit then says, "Why are we planning this?  We aren't in charge here.  Who is responsible for this?  I'm no killer of beasts and armies." 

Shaking his head.

"I need to be away from here soon.  Arian, what do you want done?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
At one point during this planning, Asinjin has a coughing fit then says, "Why are we planning this?  We aren't in charge here.  Who is responsible for this?  I'm no killer of beasts and armies." 

Shaking his head.

"I need to be away from here soon.  Arian, what do you want done?"
You have not included Arion or anyone around him in your plans.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »
We go ask him, what he would like done, and what his plans are for the attack.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 08:29:26 PM »
We go ask him, what he would like done, and what his plans are for the attack.
You find Arion, Nisoru, Martine, King Oliver, King Rosetree, Michael, Ajax, an Ice Gnome and a dwarf with blond hair and an ill fitting tabard bearing Stasis' symbol all standing around a table with fairly sophisticated models of the castle, Messada and the surrounding countryside. They all appear to be listening to a figure most of you have seen before: Thanis Whiteknight, the former Lord Protector of the Kingdom.

They listen to your ideas, a few of them with looks of genuine fear, before responding. Nisoru says: "Drawing Uscis away from the army is an excellent idea, but this is very bad ground on which to challenge the wyrm. You would have to get it very close to the castle for the defenses to be of any help. Unless you could paralyze it in some way."

Thanis says: "Unless Uscis is a madman, and they typically don't rise to positions of power in armies, I don't think there is any chance he intends to try and breach the castle. Even if we assume he has only a minimal knowledge of the disposition of our armies he must know that there is no force capable of breaking his siege within a month's march; and not until the spring.  He means to trap us here and force us to fight or starve. We must find a way to drive off his barbarians and disable the juggernaut. I am confident we can dispatch the zombies with the forces we have on hand."

Ajax says "I disagree. Uscis knows of Stasis' plight and it is also likely that he knows it will soon end. He means to strike now."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
"There is something about 'falling back' to a hole in the ground where a "nightmare-made-real" breathes all consuming flame down upon me that makes me question the effectiveness of that tactic."
Nothing that can't be solved with a 90 degree turn. More practical than engaging the wyrm completely out in the open.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
What is the terrain in the surrounding countryside?

Do we know what kind of range the Hunter can detect paladins at?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:37:18 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »
What is the terrain in the surrounding countryside?

Do we know what kind of range the Hunter can detect paladins at?
There is nearly three miles of open field north, west and south. The city is a shade over a mile southeast. Due east is the river, which is frozen but not solidly.

Nisoru says: "We know a great deal about the sword as it was captive here for so long. Still, only it's master knows the full extent of its powers. It can exactly locate any paladin within one mile, much like Lord Ari's ability but so precise as to render invisibility useless. There are countless stories of the sword guiding its wielder to paladins miles and miles away."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
To those gathered and more directly to Arian, "Is what you want of us to attempt to deal with Uscis and his mount?  If so, given the tools you can provide, we four and Huthrim can accomplish that."

cough, hack, cough

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
To those gathered and more directly to Arian, "Is what you want of us to attempt to deal with Uscis and his mount?  If so, given the tools you can provide, we four and Huthrim can accomplish that."

cough, hack, cough
Arion says: "If you wish to draw Uscis out and challenge him you have my support. Tell me what you require?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »
"Only access to spellbooks, good king.  And Thale to aid in casting some spells upon us before we go."

"Can we get a Greater Cloak of Bravery cast upon us before we go?"