Author Topic: Storm My Castle...Please  (Read 10149 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Storm My Castle...Please
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
Question 7: "What tribes are traveling with the army other than the Cavehome and hunter of men?"

I cast detect magic to determine what other spells are effecting him.

To the others, not in front of him, "It has just occurred to me that the barbarians, at least the Cavehome, must not know what is traveling with them.  They have to be shielded from seeing and knowing, otherwise they would flee."

What is creating the visibility problem?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »
Huthrim says: "I was just going to do it myself.  You should know, I usually plan and research for a month or more before setting out on a hunt. Wyrms that survived the Hunt should not be taken lightly."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
To the others, "What do you think of luring Uscis and his mount out to the edge of the horde, that should prove easy since I was able to do it without trying.  Then ambushing it.  Huthrim, Ari, myself, Parker, Rubius, and one other."

I think that is an excellent idea.

Asinjin, do you think your ethereal mounts can out run Big Red?

I will take one out to the horde and try to attract Uscis' attention, and try to draw him off. If the sword has truly broken him, he will follow. I will lure him back here, within range of the Castle's artillery. Uscis will be compelled by the sword to engage me himself, leaving the wyrm to the cannon. A small party can lay in wait, springing on Uscis once the bombardment begins.

Perhaps we should try to coordinate a strike on the main force while Uscis and the wyrm are occupied...a small party of our most powerful casters can venture out and thin out the horde.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:44:02 PM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »
The Phantom Steeds cannot out run the wyrm normally.

"I would like to try and ambush them both in the field."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 11:29:23 PM »
The cannon have a 7 mile range. What do you consider the "field"?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
"I did not mean that close."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 09:45:17 PM »
I think that is an excellent idea.

Asinjin, do you think your ethereal mounts can out run Big Red?

I will take one out to the horde and try to attract Uscis' attention, and try to draw him off. If the sword has truly broken him, he will follow. I will lure him back here, within range of the Castle's artillery. Uscis will be compelled by the sword to engage me himself, leaving the wyrm to the cannon. A small party can lay in wait, springing on Uscis once the bombardment begins.

Perhaps we should try to coordinate a strike on the main force while Uscis and the wyrm are occupied...a small party of our most powerful casters can venture out and thin out the horde.
Huthrim listens and shakes his head. "Unless the dark knight has some magical control over the wyrm I doubt it will allow itself to be drawn into combat so easily.  A wyrm that survived the Hunt will be cautious. Our best chance would be to go in the hours before dawn when it will be sleeping. If the black knight is truly possessed by the sword he will come alone.

I know this countryside well. There is no where nearby that is good ground to ambush a wyrm so we must be very careful."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
"It was easy enough yesterday to lure to both Uscis and the mount out to the edge of the army.  That is far enough away for us to ambush them."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »
Huthrim listens and shakes his head. "Unless the dark knight has some magical control over the wyrm I doubt it will allow itself to be drawn into combat so easily.  A wyrm that survived the Hunt will be cautious. Our best chance would be to go in the hours before dawn when it will be sleeping. If the black knight is truly possessed by the sword he will come alone.

I know this countryside well. There is no where nearby that is good ground to ambush a wyrm so we must be very careful."
Once we pick a location for this confrontation, Astrek could dig out some burrows and tunnels in advance to conceal our number and provide a safe area to fall back to. Enough earth above us should conceal us from the wryms senses as well as the sword.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:29 PM »
Other than Huthrim who do you include in these conversations?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
I can only take five others on my teleport, so the four of us and Huthrim.  Astrek is now a killing machine, so he gets one of the spots.

Wait, I need to include Thale as well, since we will need his casting to prepare us for the ambush.

"We go out.  I lore them to the rest of you.  You are hidden from them magically.  We it gets close enough, Hurthim, Rubius, Parker and Ari unleash with ranged attacks from hidden.  I will contingent a spell to save me when it breathes on me, then you fire."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
I can only take five others on my teleport, so the four of us and Huthrim.  Astrek is now a killing machine, so he gets one of the spots.

Wait, I need to include Thale as well, since we will need his casting to prepare us for the ambush.

"We go out.  I lore them to the rest of you.  You are hidden from them magically.  We it gets close enough, Hurthim, Rubius, Parker and Ari unleash with ranged attacks from hidden.  I will contingent a spell to save me when it breathes on me, then you fire."
I just meant who do you discuss the plan with.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »
The four of us, Huthrim, and Thale.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »
Once we pick a location for this confrontation, Astrek could dig out some burrows and tunnels in advance to conceal our number and provide a safe area to fall back to. Enough earth above us should conceal us from the wryms senses as well as the sword.

"There is something about 'falling back' to a hole in the ground where a "nightmare-made-real" breathes all consuming flame down upon me that makes me question the effectiveness of that tactic."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 12:38:14 PM »
My locate creature worked on the dragon, correct?

How long did it take it to get from where it was to the edge of the barbarians where I attacked?

How hard was it working to move as fast as it was?  Meaning, did it seem to be moving 1x, 2x, 3x, or 4x to go that fast?