Author Topic: What aMazing luck!  (Read 19057 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: What aMazing luck!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
"What type of magical aid are you thinking about?  My teleports can take only a few.  I can summon a few mounts, but nothing that will make a dent on 45,000."

cough cough
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
"What type of magical aid are you thinking about?  My teleports can take only a few.  I can summon a few mounts, but nothing that will make a dent on 45,000."

cough cough
"No, I meant with the tracking. We have already seen the enemy is trying to use magic to cover the trail."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
"My location spells will only work if we are reasonably close already.  I could discern Uscis' location, or at least attempt to do so."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »
"A very good tracker would allow us to move faster and tell us more about what we are following."
Ooh, pick me!

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »
"My location spells will only work if we are reasonably close already.  I could discern Uscis' location, or at least attempt to do so."
"My knowledge of magic is better than most warriors but still limited. I was thinking more of something that would reveal their tracks, or dispel the magic that conceals them, or reveal that magic."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »
"I doubt I could dispel anything Marius has cast.  As long as I have true seeing active, I can see their tracks.  If they are evil, we should retrieve Lord Arishimoto" cough chuckle cough "He can sense them a mile away.  He is also a tracker by trade if I recall."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
"I doubt I could dispel anything Marius has cast.  As long as I have true seeing active, I can see their tracks.  If they are evil, we should retrieve Lord Arishimoto" cough chuckle cough "He can sense them a mile away.  He is also a tracker by trade if I recall."
"If you can see their tracks you should go with the rangers and do a preliminary sweep of the area. I don't presume to know what orders Arion gave Lord Arishimoto but I know it is not my place to contravene them. We will make due with the trackers we have, put the legions on a path home and return to the Castle tomorrow morning. Assuming we are not eaten by a remorhaz in the night."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 06:58:50 AM »
"You are just full of plesant thoughts, aren't you....."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »
"I could fly out and try to catch them while using my spells to see." I spend ten minutes and cast a twinned phantasmal steed.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »
"I could fly out and try to catch them while using my spells to see." I spend ten minutes and cast a twinned phantasmal steed.
Martine listens with a look of concern. "Master wizard, what you are proposing seems reckless. I have seen powerful magic route whole hosts of warriors, so I have no doubt that you can protect yourself. However, we don't know where the army has gone, how long ago they left or how fast they are moving. If you go the wrong way you could find yourself alone in a blizzard or blunder into some enemy you are unprepared to face.  Can you not use your magic to avoid wandering the tundra or mountains?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »
"I can teleport back at the first sign of trouble.  I can also try scrying, but I doubt Uscis or the war altar are able to be scryed.  Otherwise, I can call upon Smofarf for guidance."

cough

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »
"I can teleport back at the first sign of trouble.  I can also try scrying, but I doubt Uscis or the war altar are able to be scryed.  Otherwise, I can call upon Smofarf for guidance."

cough
"I was not made responsible for your safety but as you are the heir's friends, retainer, advisor, what have you, I would prefer not to report on my first assignment that you flew into the frozen waste and was never seen again.  I would prefer we knew a bit more before you left."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
After about an hour Sir Bartholomew finds the rest of you. "My Lord, Captian Fairday have been speaking with the officers. There is a great deal of confusion about how long it has been since the attack. Between being confined to the caves and that illusiory sky their sense of time is completely thrown off.  Our estimation is that it has been at least a week since the attack, perhaps longer."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
"Can it be determined by the amount of food they have left?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
"Can it be determined by the amount of food they have left?"
"An excelllent idea but no. They are too well provisioned for a week or two to make much of a change in the stores."