Author Topic: Adapting to the Situation?  (Read 27087 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Adapting to the Situation?
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »
Accidentally left out an s, I meant the others, Parker et al.
Since no one else is posting you may want to continue.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Asinjin looks to the gathered leaders of the nation.  What are they doing as I stand here and ask questions.

"Who is in command here now?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »
Asinjin looks to the gathered leaders of the nation.  What are they doing as I stand here and ask questions.

"Who is in command here now?"
You have been alone interrogating one of the creatures.

When you leave you find Thale, Deputy Minister Delaque, King Rosetree and (Parker, Ari, Rubius?)

Rosetree says: "The Steward is in charge of the council. I suppose the High Mage has taken charge of these prisoners.  Whatever these things sought to achieve they are succeeding. If we choose to go forward it will take at least a week before the missing council members alternates can be contacted and assembled."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:38 PM »
"So their goal wasn't to get a new king appointed, but just to delay the appointment?"  cough  "Who is currently in command of the kingdom?  The army?"

After a slight asthma like attack.

"Arian should just take command.  Its obvious he wields the gemblade.  I am tired of this.  Is there a place I can rest?" leaning against wall, "Parker come get me if something is needed."

Asinjin wearily makes his way to whatever chamber can be found for him to rest in, he is clearly fatigued.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »
"So their goal wasn't to get a new king appointed, but just to delay the appointment?"  cough  "Who is currently in command of the kingdom?  The army?"

After a slight asthma like attack.

"Arian should just take command.  Its obvious he wields the gemblade.  I am tired of this.  Is there a place I can rest?" leaning against wall, "Parker come get me if something is needed."

Asinjin wearily makes his way to whatever chamber can be found for him to rest in, he is clearly fatigued.
The lesser monarchs are in charge but two have been replaced and the rest are here. The Steward is in charge of the High King's lands.

We will wait to see if anyone else posts. Otherwise we will play this out on Thursday.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
Turning to the other, "Then do we have to assume they are still trying to do something?"

"The news just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it."

"Arian should just take command.  Its obvious he wields the gemblade.

"I am inclined to agree with my weak-constitutioned friend on this."  Walking to Arion, Parker moves him and Leira to what passes for the center of the room, and makes sure he is within sight and/or hearing distance of all the remaining 'important' people in the castle hierarchy and in a clear voice says  "All that is left is mere formality.  You are the King.  Descended from and Chosen by Stasis himself.  You wield the Gemblade.  No one, who holds the welfare of this nation in high regard, can deny your right to the Throne.  As a citizen of this nation, before these witnesses, I freely pledge my fealty to you.  Your Majesty, what would you have us do." 

(Diplomacy check for those watching listening 1d20+6 :: 14+6 = 20)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
"The news just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it."

"I am inclined to agree with my weak-constitutioned friend on this."  Walking to Arion, Parker moves him and Leira to what passes for the center of the room, and makes sure he is within sight and/or hearing distance of all the remaining 'important' people in the castle hierarchy and in a clear voice says  "All that is left is mere formality.  You are the King.  Descended from and Chosen by Stasis himself.  You wield the Gemblade.  No one, who holds the welfare of this nation in high regard, can deny your right to the Throne.  As a citizen of this nation, before these witnesses, I freely pledge my fealty to you.  Your Majesty, what would you have us do." 

(Diplomacy check for those watching listening 1d20+6 :: 14+6 = 20)
All those assembled look very uncomfortable. Some of the soldiers get down on one knee. Parker gets more than one unpleasant look from a council member but eventually King Oliver is led in, leaning heavily on Hanai Winterstar, and says :"It is true. Arion is the true heir and Stasis has chosen this time to make right the error's of the past.  Our kingdom stands on the edge of a battlefield, with an enemy before us and no allies aware of the danger.  Renew your fealty to Stasis' vision or stand aside." He then takes out his sword and offers it to Arion. All of the demi-humans quickly fall in beside him as do the other monarchs. The human nobles join in after a moment of hesitation.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Asinjin applauds.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »
I will wait for Ari and Rubius to continue but you can further interrogate the adapters or interact with the others present. We will assume for continuity that the events just described took place during a break from questioning.

If Asinjin is done Thale tells you there is a couch in the shrine to Hemator and no one will bother you there.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »
Asinjin will ask, "How do we detect your kind?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »
Asinjin will ask, "How do we detect your kind?"
The weak among our kind can be found out with spells that reveal shapechangers, by sight or detection. The strong among us can only be revealed by spells that detect precious metals or mind reading.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »
"Is there a way to force you into your normal shape?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »
If we are cut off from our subject we will revert to true form.  If they die we revert immediately.  If they are sent to another plane for 72 hours or if they are placed in an anti magic field for 12 hours.  If they are protected by a mind blank or similar psionic protection we cannot adapt to them but if the subject becomes so protected we do not revert.  A targeted dispel magic will force us back for a moment but as long as we are not cut off from the subject we can revert.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
"Why are you so forthcoming?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
"Why are you so forthcoming?"
It shrugs its shoulders. "We have little business on this world. It is considered a backwater by most. Our weaknesses are easily researched but such knowledge is rarely useful unless you are expecting our presence."