Author Topic: Adapting to the Situation?  (Read 26849 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Adapting to the Situation?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
To Darpus and his gathered colleagues: "If you'll listen to the advice of a humble Halfling, my companions have discovered that the Adapters are vulnerable to gold.  If you lace your weapons and spells with gold, you'll be able to overcome their defenses.  Darpus, if you could prepare any spells that would allow for such alchemical transformation, that would be most advantageous."
The gnome looks as if he will respond but just shakes his head. It's obvious that no one is really in charge. However Thale Blazingem, the High Mage, steps forward, his fury barely under control. "Alright, your surrender is accepted but you are not leaving without answering a few questions." He has a staff in one hand and a scroll in the other. Leveling the staff at those in the shape of Queen Tanya and Wilar Tel'Cu; "You two seem to be in charge and you will be staying. The rest of you get out and be thankful we have other issues to attend to today. As for you two, I haven't had much cause to use this staff in the last few years but fail to cooperate and you will be part of the art collection forevermore." He hands the scroll to Lord Darpus who nods and gestures to the rest towards the door.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:17 AM »
Parker eyes the pile of magic items and then visibly pulls himself away from them.  Parker says to the rest of the group, "I believe we have a future King to introduce, do we not?"

Parker will dust himself, Arion, and Leira off and make them look as presentable as possible under the circumstances.  He then tells them that he will go in ahead of them and introduce them to what's left of the council and then they should make their entrance.  (Parker's introduction speech to follow)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
Parker eyes the pile of magic items and then visibly pulls himself away from them.  Parker says to the rest of the group, "I believe we have a future King to introduce, do we not?"

Parker will dust himself, Arion, and Leira off and make them look as presentable as possible under the circumstances.  He then tells them that he will go in ahead of them and introduce them to what's left of the council and then they should make their entrance.  (Parker's introduction speech to follow)
Idon Crystalsmyth, hearing your comment, says "Whoever this young warrior is, and I acknowledge that he is armed and armored as Stasis has always been depicted, he cannot be confirmed without the full council's acknowledgement. Where are those that have been imitated?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
"Who is the spelllcaster in charge of the castle's magics?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
Idon Crystalsmyth, hearing your comment, says "Whoever this young warrior is, and I acknowledge that he is armed and armored as Stasis has always been depicted, he cannot be confirmed without the full council's acknowledgement. Where are those that have been imitated?"

"If you mean the 'originals', then the last we heard, they were transported tot he plane of Shadow when we collapsed Marius' stronghold.  Although, for these Adapters, from what we've learned, the people they imitate muse remain alive and on the same plane for them to be able to retain their assumed forms.  There is a 3 day window in which the 'on the same plane' part can be ignored though.  In any event, Master Blazingem just let the other Adapters go.  Since they have been found out, if they get back to Marius, he'll know his plan has been thwarted, and will probably kill the individuals he has in his custody who he knows we know have been replaced."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
Bump

Asinjin talks to Ari, Rubius and Parker in private, "Didn't the guard that we met when we came in say that he saw someone bleed gold in the battle outside?  Doesn't that mean that there must be at least one more out there?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »
"Who is the spelllcaster in charge of the castle's magics?"
Thale says: "I am. Why do you ask?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »
"If you mean the 'originals', then the last we heard, they were transported tot he plane of Shadow when we collapsed Marius' stronghold.  Although, for these Adapters, from what we've learned, the people they imitate muse remain alive and on the same plane for them to be able to retain their assumed forms.  There is a 3 day window in which the 'on the same plane' part can be ignored though.  In any event, Master Blazingem just let the other Adapters go.  Since they have been found out, if they get back to Marius, he'll know his plan has been thwarted, and will probably kill the individuals he has in his custody who he knows we know have been replaced."
Hearing this Thale and Eason look at one another and Thale says: "Well then, it seems you all will be our guest for a short while. You have my oath as the High Mage of this Kingdom that no harm will come to you if you cooperate."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »
Hearing this Thale and Eason look at one another and Thale says: "Well then, it seems you all will be our guest for a short while. You have my oath as the High Mage of this Kingdom that no harm will come to you if you cooperate."

"Also, gentlemen, some of the members of the guard we ran into, whom we confirmed were not Adapters, mentioned that they noticed that some of their number involved in the fighting looked like they were bleeding gold.  The guardsman who mentioned it, though that he was just seeing things until we mentioned it."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 09:37:28 PM »
"Also, gentlemen, some of the members of the guard we ran into, whom we confirmed were not Adapters, mentioned that they noticed that some of their number involved in the fighting looked like they were bleeding gold.  The guardsman who mentioned it, though that he was just seeing things until we mentioned it."
The guard sergeant points out the "Harris" Adapter and says, "He was the one fighting in the courtyard."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
The guard sergeant points out the "Harris" Adapter and says, "He was the one fighting in the courtyard."

"Well done sergeant. Although, I doubt there is only one.  Perhaps, you should take a few of the men and systematically check the rest of the soldiers."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 10:11:41 PM »
"Well done sergeant. Although, I doubt there is only one.  Perhaps, you should take a few of the men and systematically check the rest of the soldiers."
Thale says: "That will be done." He turns to a more senior soldier "Send for Lady Knight Degalas, she is in the city."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
To those near me, "How imperative is it that we king King Westrom?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
To those near me, "How imperative is it that we king King Westrom?"
Thale says: "Excellent, our first question. (again leveling the staff) What say you?"

The Windblade adapter replies: "He is unconscious and invisible but otherwise unharmed in one of the unused meeting rooms. We were to summon another of our kindred to replace him but did not have a chance."

One of the Knights goes to retrieve him.