Author Topic: Adapting to the Situation?  (Read 26849 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Adapting to the Situation?
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »
"Why are we part of the team?"
To whom and in what setting is this question posed?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
To Martine, after he mentions that to Parker.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
To Martine, after he mentions that to Parker.
Before Martine can respond Lira says: "Ladies and gentlemen, this has been a very event filled morning. For some of us it has been very frightening and dangerous.  We will adjourn for a few hours of rest and refreshment. My husband may wish to speak with you individually or again in audience."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
To Parker later, "Did we ever check Leria?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2012, 11:27:08 PM »
To Parker later, "Did we ever check Leria?"
Yes

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »
"Why are we part of the team?"
"Apparently, saving the world, killing a god, and Throne-ing a king aren't enough.  We apparently have to add 'Baby-sitters for the Ministry of Security' to our growing list of titles as well."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
"I am neither a worshiper of their faith nor a member of their kingdom; I dislike the wizards they allow to live in their city and disagree with the groups with whom they associate, and yet here I am.  It is I who am the fool apparently."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
"I am neither a worshiper of their faith nor a member of their kingdom; I dislike the wizards they allow to live in their city and disagree with the groups with whom they associate, and yet here I am.  It is I who am the fool apparently."
After about an hour Thamolly and Nisoru seek you out and invite you into an anteroom that looks like it has seen little use in recent years. There are a few small portraits on the walls that after a moment Parker recognizes as former Grandmasters of the Knights.  All four of you are there but Ari has been apart from the rest of you for most of the day.

Thamolly says: "My friends, you find yourselves in unfamiliar territory.  No one here is your enemy but very few are your friends. Arion is in the same situation but his position is even more precarious as only King Oliver and Lord Wintersend among his friends wield any power. In time others who know and respect them will learn the truth of what has happened but until then they will watch and see how Arion acts.  We all must be very careful not to make him seem uncertain or unknowledgable.

His pronouncement has split the council.  They will obey but there is no time to be certain that their subordinates, who they would send out, can be trusted.  Of those of us who Arion can trust, most of us are associated with the Knights or the hierarchy of the Church of Stasis, who the army will distrust and may delay following orders. It is unlikely they will act in opposite the orders but if they are with in their rights to demand confirmation from the council.

This leads us to you. Parker and Ari are bound by loyalty to follow Arion, that was a very well said and nicely timed speech Parker, but you Rubius and you Asinjin can leave at any time.  If you wish to help Arion and stabilize the Kingdom then this is, hopefully a small service."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
....that was a very well said and nicely timed speech Parker....
"What is it they say about about your mouth writing vouchers your body can't cash??

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »
laugh cough laugh cough laugh choke

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
"What is it they say about about your mouth writing vouchers your body can't cash??
Nisoru says, with half a chuckle, "I realize saying such things is almost certain to invite Compture's attention, but in Lord Vanyar's company this should be one of the safest missions you ever undertake."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »
Nisoru says, with half a chuckle, "I realize saying such things is almost certain to invite Compture's attention, but in Lord Vanyar's company this should be one of the safest missions you ever undertake."

"Obviously, our reputation does not precede us.  Master Nisoru, not only does your statement increase the likelihood of us running into a great deal of trouble by a conservative 500%, but just us going out to dinner usually ends up in some sort of life or death struggle.  In fact, a while ago, we stumbled upon the plans of the 'Day Turned Dark' cult.  We fought Daemons, evil wizards, and other nefarious types.  Through them all we prevailed, yet we were almost undone by the number nine.  Suffice it to say, nothing that involves us can ever be considered safe."