Author Topic: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0  (Read 28454 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »
Parker invites the two constables in.

"Before we go any further gentlemen, Ari, would you or Ajax be so kind as to test our two new guests?  Also, get Jurius and VJ while you're at it, before they head out on their errands."

To Udarin and Brentan, "Good Gentlemen, one of the 'puddles' out there is a form of doppleganger known as an 'Adapter'  We have reason to believe several of them have found their way into important positions.  Ari has a blade from Escalon of the Guardian Vale that will allow us to know if you are one of these creatures.  Fear not, we have all take the same test. (Parker shows his hand as proof).  I'm sure you will agree that knowing if you are who you say you are is of paramount importance before getting to the events of the evening.  And, just so you don't think it is some sort of shenanigans on my part, either Lord Arishimoto, Fayalen of Tfop or Aescalos Thanos, Paladin of Stasis will perform the test."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »
Parker invites the two constables in.

"Before we go any further gentlemen, Ari, would you or Ajax be so kind as to test our two new guests?  Also, get Jurius and VJ while you're at it, before they head out on their errands."

To Udarin and Brentan, "Good Gentlemen, one of the 'puddles' out there is a form of doppleganger known as an 'Adapter'  We have reason to believe several of them have found their way into important positions.  Ari has a blade from Escalon of the Guardian Vale that will allow us to know if you are one of these creatures.  Fear not, we have all take the same test. (Parker shows his hand as proof).  I'm sure you will agree that knowing if you are who you say you are is of paramount importance before getting to the events of the evening.  And, just so you don't think it is some sort of shenanigans on my part, either Lord Arishimoto, Fayalen of Tfop or Aescalos Thanos, Paladin of Stasis will perform the test."
Your statement is met with blinks and confused looks for a moment. Brentan mutters "I should never have left the army." He then sticks out his hand. Udarin says "Could we perhaps step out of the antimagic field first.  I have no reason to doubt you but one of you could be one of these creatures as well and I am all but defenseless here."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
"Of course.  My office is beyond the influence of that infernal Flail and outside of the anti-magic field too, I assume (looking to Asinjin for confirmation).  We can rest comfortably while we make sure we are all who we say we are and then we can regale you with the tail of Daemons and other-worldly beings."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »
"Of course.  My office is beyond the influence of that infernal Flail and outside of the anti-magic field too, I assume (looking to Asinjin for confirmation).  We can rest comfortably while we make sure we are all who we say we are and then we can regale you with the tail of Daemons and other-worldly beings."
They follow you up the steps. As soon as Ajax steps out of the field his glow returns, causing both constables to start (jump) and Brentan to shake his head. "I suspect you have something you can offer me to drink in this house professor?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2012, 05:43:02 PM »
They follow you up the steps. As soon as Ajax steps out of the field his glow returns, causing both constables to start (jump) and Brentan to shake his head. "I suspect you have something you can offer me to drink in this house professor?"

Rubius follows the group up the steps, pops his head up out of nowhere, and declares: "I'd be happy to offer you a drink Constables!  What would you like...peach nectar, apple cider, grape juice, coffee, lemonade, perhaps some ale...oh, wait, you're on duty, never mind...would you like some cheese, bread, and fruit to go with it?"  He is smiling wider than he has in days, shoves a piece of bread into his own mouth, and continues to gesture to the food as crumbs pour from his lips.   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 07:39:46 PM »
Rubius follows the group up the steps, pops his head up out of nowhere, and declares: "I'd be happy to offer you a drink Constables!  What would you like...peach nectar, apple cider, grape juice, coffee, lemonade, perhaps some ale...oh, wait, you're on duty, never mind...would you like some cheese, bread, and fruit to go with it?"  He is smiling wider than he has in days, shoves a piece of bread into his own mouth, and continues to gesture to the food as crumbs pour from his lips.
More head shaking from Brentan as he follows Parker up.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 09:17:17 PM »
Once the anit-magic field is up and Asinjin is no longer "airy", I stand in front of him with the Adapter-knife. "Whenever you are ready my friend. You may do it yourself, if you wish."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
"Start asking anyone who will listen.  I do not want this item to be used against us again, ever." cough
We must contact Escalon or Maglore. Lady Goldpath or Lord Pratt might be able to help us contact them. Or the clerics at Stasis' Temple.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
About ten minutes after the constables arrive Mouser (undisguised) enters with Robyn. Striding past Ajax, Arion and Lira, he stops dead at the edge of the antimagic field. With a slightly cocked head he examines the flail. "That is an imposing weapon. I'm impressed that you are all in one piece.  Looking at Robyn, Ari and Asinjin, "What exactly did you want me to do with this thing?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 10:08:32 PM »
Bowing deeply, "We believe it belongs to the Dark One himself. We must destroy it, or find a way to use it to our advantage to learn something about its owner."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2012, 01:18:42 AM »
Once the anit-magic field is up and Asinjin is no longer "airy", I stand in front of him with the Adapter-knife. "Whenever you are ready my friend. You may do it yourself, if you wish."

"It won't work in here either, no need to prick my finger for nothing."  cough
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:46 AM »
About ten minutes after the constables arrive Mouser (undisguised) enters with Robyn. Striding past Ajax, Arion and Lira, he stops dead at the edge of the antimagic field. With a slightly cocked head he examines the flail. "That is an imposing weapon. I'm impressed that you are all in one piece.  Looking at Robyn, Ari and Asinjin, "What exactly did you want me to do with this thing?"
"This is beyond our ability to transport safely.  We need to get rid of it.  We thought that you would be the closest...person...who would have the means to do so.  Barring that, you would have the means to contact someone who could."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2012, 06:53:23 AM »
Also, are you going to be posting Xp anytime soon.  Because it will have a direct effect on what Parker does in the near future.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
Also, are you going to be posting Xp anytime soon.  Because it will have a direct effect on what Parker does in the near future.
I will post xp tonight but you can safely assume it will be 2500+ for everyone.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
"This is beyond our ability to transport safely.  We need to get rid of it.  We thought that you would be the closest...person...who would have the means to do so.  Barring that, you would have the means to contact someone who could."
What, in general, do you tell the constables?  Both pass the prick test.