Author Topic: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0  (Read 28221 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Champions 2, Nycaloths 0
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:42 AM »
Ok a technical note here, the space doesn't close.  here is the description from the SRD:

When this spell is cast upon a piece of rope from 5 to 30 feet long, one end of the rope rises into the air until the whole rope hangs perpendicular to the ground, as if affixed at the upper end. The upper end is, in fact, fastened to an extradimensional space that is outside the multiverse of extradimensional spaces (“planes”). Creatures in the extradimensional space are hidden, beyond the reach of spells (including divinations), unless those spells work across planes. The space holds as many as eight creatures (of any size). Creatures in the space can pull the rope up into the space, making the rope “disappear.” In that case, the rope counts as one of the eight creatures that can fit in the space. The rope can support up to 16,000 pounds. A weight greater than that can pull the rope free.

Spells cannot be cast across the extradimensional interface, nor can area effects cross it. Those in the extradimensional space can see out of it as if a 3-foot by 5-foot window were centered on the rope. The window is present on the Material Plane, but it’s invisible, and even creatures that can see the window can’t see through it. Anything inside the extradimensional space drops out when the spell ends. The rope can be climbed by only one person at a time. The rope trick spell enables climbers to reach a normal place if they do not climb all the way to the extradimensional space.

The bolded section is what Parker is after.  The spell will last for 6 hours.  that's more than enough time to make sure everyone in here isn't going to die and for us to figure out a permanent solution to the issue of what we're going to do with it.  it should just sit there in the space until the spell ends.  Unless of course there is something else at play here which prevents it from staying in the extradimensional space

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
"Unless of course there is something else at play here which prevents it from staying in the extradimensional space."

When the golem releases its grip the flail drops out of the extra dimensional space.

After two rounds Arion and Lira leave the room and when they don't feel any better they leave the house. This is now round 4.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »
As they they attempt to leave, Parker directs them (and everyone else) to his office instead.

How long will it take Parker to carry Drag the Flail to the vault?  How long would it take the Furious Guardian?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
Asinjin thinks, would an anti magic field or a subvert planar effects spell stop the effects?

What happens if we drop it on to an upper plane?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »
Wait, "Arian, use the gemblade to destroy it!"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
As they they attempt to leave, Parker directs them (and everyone else) to his office instead.

How long will it take Parker to carry Drag the Flail to the vault?  How long would it take the Furious Guardian?
For Parker a little less than a minute. Can the golem fit through the doors other than the front door or into the stairwell down?  If it can it will take a bit longer than Parker.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
I doubt the golem can maneuver in most of the house's rooms.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 01:44:27 PM »
Asinjin thinks, would an anti magic field or a subvert planar effects spell stop the effects?

What happens if we drop it on to an upper plane?
In order: you would expect it to work; I don't know that spell and only one way to find out.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
For Parker a little less than a minute. Can the golem fit through the doors other than the front door or into the stairwell down?  If it can it will take a bit longer than Parker.

Then, unless someone stops him, Parker wraps the haft of the flail in his magic cloak and moves it to the vault.  (Parker has a 22 Str, nit sure if it is a factor in the amount of time it will take him to move it)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »
I expect the Anti Magic field would stop the effects, correct.

Subvert Planar Effects makes the recipient immune to negative effects from planes that don't match the recipient's alignment.  So if we are feeling ill because the flail is giving off energy from a lower plane, than it should work.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »
I doubt the golem can maneuver in most of the house's rooms.
That's what I thought. It clearly can't go upstairs as the steps won't support it's weight.

Arion stops when you call to him, draws out the sword and swings double handed at the flail. There is a resounding clang, but no spark or sign of damage to either weapon.

Ajax says: have your golem carry it to the docks and cast it into the sea.  I will follow a safe distance behind as I cannot maintain my defenses against it the whole way there.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »
Then, unless someone stops him, Parker wraps the haft of the flail in his magic cloak and moves it to the vault.  (Parker has a 22 Str, nit sure if it is a factor in the amount of time it will take him to move it)
Robyn and Ajax both grab you before you pick it up. After a moment of reflection you are fairly sure the cloak would not protect you any better than a pair of gloves.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
I expect the Anti Magic field would stop the effects, correct.

Subvert Planar Effects makes the recipient immune to negative effects from planes that don't match the recipient's alignment.  So if we are feeling ill because the flail is giving off energy from a lower plane, than it should work.
The anti magic field should work. The subvert effects likely not as it is divinely crafted as opposed to radiating from one plane in particular.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »
Ajax says: have your golem carry it to the docks and cast it into the sea.  I will follow a safe distance behind as I cannot maintain my defenses against it the whole way there.

"I would prefer to find a better solution.  It would take me no more than ten minutes to find an item of mine that my enemy threw into the ocean."  cough, hack, cough.

"Parker, can you call upon Allanda?  She may know how to destroy this or know of a place we can keep it."

I cast the Anti-Magic field, that will last for over two hours and give us time to think.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
"I would prefer to find a better solution.  It would take me no more than ten minutes to find an item of mine that my enemy threw into the ocean."  cough, hack, cough.

"Parker, can you call upon Allanda?  She may know how to destroy this or know of a place we can keep it."

I cast the Anti-Magic field, that will last for over two hours and give us time to think.
As soon as you put up the field you begin to feel better. Your lost points return at a rate of one every ten minutes.

What do you do while the field is up?