Author Topic: The Rescuers or How much is (the bounty on) that doggie in the window?  (Read 15957 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: The Rescuers or How much is (the bounty on) that doggie in the window?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »
To Nisoru, "What is the plan now that Arian has the Gemblade?"

To Ajax, "Where do you go now?"
Nisoru says: "I would ask you to contact King Oliver and lord Wintersend and inform them of our success. I will take Arion and present him to the council."

Ajax says: "I will see the heir to the throne and then go where Stasis sends me."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
to the others, while the sorcerer is not listening, "What authority are we going to turn him into when I am done?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »
to the others, while the sorcerer is not listening, "What authority are we going to turn him into when I am done?"

"Ajax, does Stasis have any input into where we should go from here?  Asinjin, we could always turn him into the Tyrogatorian authorities on the way back.  I'm sure they would be interested in what Tommimao has planned against their god.  Hmmm...let me think about it..."

Rubius ponders for a moment, starts to count to himself on all fingers, then looks up at the group.  (To DM: Rubius is invoking his "Eenie, Meenie, Minee, Moe" ability for two questions: "Who should we turn the Sorcerer in to?" and "What is our next course of action?")   

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
He should be turned over to the constables in Phiam, I think, since that is where the others were arrested. This one will probably be sent to the gaol at the Castle, but that is not for us to decide.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »
Ajax says: "I will see the heir to the throne and then go where Stasis sends me."
As will I.

After that, I think our path forward should focus on uncovering Marius' scheme. I haven't had the chance to tell you this yet, I found out yesterday that those people in the cells in Marius' lair were not killed, they were transported to the Plane of Shadow before the cavern collapsed. So whatever he is intending, Marius needs the prisoners alive.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:53:52 PM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Nisoru says: "I would ask you to contact King Oliver and lord Wintersend and inform them of our success. I will take Arion and present him to the council."

"I will be able to do that tomorrow."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 09:26:10 PM »
As will I.

After that, I think our path forward should focus on uncovering Marius' scheme. I haven't had the chance to tell you this yet, I found out yesterday that those people in the cells in Marius' lair were not killed, they were transported to the Plane of Shadow before the cavern collapsed. So whatever he is intending, Marius needs the prisoners alive.

"I think he is using copies or doppelgangers of them to gain information and control.  If they die, his plan might more easily be found out."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »
"I think he is using copies or doppelgangers of them to gain information and control.  If they die, his plan might more easily be found out."
Worse than that I fear. I just received a message from Lord Oliver. Sir John Toppin is at the Castle. That's not the bad news. All the council members have already arrived, and the Castle has been sealed for the deliberation. It appears we have our work cut out for us.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »
He should be turned over to the constables in Phiam, I think, since that is where the others were arrested. This one will probably be sent to the gaol at the Castle, but that is not for us to decide.
Ajax says: "I agree. The authorities there or in the capital should take him and the sooner we are rid of him the better. His fellows will be looking for him and we don't need another group of adversaries looking for the future High King and queen. Though I must admit some regret that I did not get to give a group of Tommimao worshipping, Yellowian royal agents, a solid pummeling. "

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
"I will teleport him there tomorrow."

For the sorcerer, "What is the last spell you learned how to use?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »
Worse than that I fear. I just received a message from Lord Oliver. Sir John Toppin is at the Castle. That's not the bad news. All the council members have already arrived, and the Castle has been sealed for the deliberation. It appears we have our work cut out for us.

"You fear that Marius either controls members of the council, or worse, controls one or more of the possible candidates." cough cough

"How were they teleported out?  Wasn't that cave proofed against that?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 10:10:59 PM »
"You fear that Marius either controls members of the council, or worse, controls one or more of the possible candidates." cough cough

Likely both. What purpose would controlling the council of succession be unless you also controlled one of the candidates? Seems like we'll have to figure out a way to get Arion into the Castle. Think those tunnels we used in the fut-...uh, I mean in the...um...hmmm...in the future (glancing apologetically to Asinjin) exist now?

If you do not know the answer to your second question I don't know who would.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »

Robyn says: "Marius showed that such limitations mean little to him, at least as his power over shadows goes."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »
Likely both. What purpose would controlling the council of succession be unless you also controlled one of the candidates? Seems like we'll have to figure out a way to get Arion into the Castle. Think those tunnels we used in the fut-...uh, I mean in the...um...hmmm...in the future (glancing apologetically to Asinjin) exist now?

If you do not know the answer to your second question I don't know who would.
Nisoru says: "Chaos and civil war would be the result even if they do not control the selected King. If we do not get to reveal Arion's legitimacy to the council and instead must go to the people it will shatter the country.  Tunnels?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
After staring off into space for a moment, Ari says: "High Cleric Steelsmyth just sent me a message similar to King Oliver's. He says several council members do not seem like themselves. And that Sir John Toppin is in charge of the council."