Author Topic: Matching Wits with a Shade  (Read 14204 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Matching Wits with a Shade
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »
"Ajax, what weapons can you use?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
"Ajax, what weapons can you use?"
Only the sword favored by Stasis.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »
Marius voice chimes in : "Interesting, you seem to know so little of this misguided Orc and yet you seek him out? Or were you only here for the boy warrior? I fear he will be of little use to you as the slime affected him on the first application."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »
Ignoring Marius as best he can, Parker chimes in. "Look, there are a lot of people in this creepy dungeon, several of them soldiers.  None of home have any gear. Some of it has to be around here somewhere. Let's move into the other room and Rubius and I can see what, if anything we can fInd."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
Ignoring Marius as best he can, Parker chimes in. "Look, there are a lot of people in this creepy dungeon, several of them soldiers.  None of home have any gear. Some of it has to be around here somewhere. Let's move into the other room and Rubius and I can see what, if anything we can fInd."
"Alas, professor, I have learned over 5000 years that things tend to pile up if you don't dispose of them right away. Still I appreciate fine and useful things so you may find something lying about."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
Ari continues to think overwhelmingly optimistic thoughts of our success here today, our inevitable defeat of Marius, liberation of all the captives, and the fall of Nilas'Anor here on Habololy.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
What if anything to the rest of you do in response to Parker's suggestion? It is now round 5.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »
"Asinjin, I think it would be prudent to at least break these barricades so that we can gather something from every person in captivity such as a strand of hair or finger nail in case we need to scry them later.  It will make it easier to rescue them later."

"Parker, I'd be happy to help you search for trinkets, but I suggest we do so while moving toward the exit.  Whatever we find may help us fund the rescue mission.  Also, let's not stray too far from each other.  I'd like to see you all again in the warm sunlight.  When we get back, I'll prepare a feast."

"Marius, I'm not sure why you fear death so much.  It can be a beautiful event if the life one lives is worthwhile.  It's the most natural part of life.  Of all the things you learned in your 5000 years, you've failed to learn these immutable truths.  No amount of power is worth anything if you have nobody to share it with or if you use it solely for selfishness.  When you learn these things, your soul will be free."     

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
"Asinjin, I think it would be prudent to at least break these barricades so that we can gather something from every person in captivity such as a strand of hair or finger nail in case we need to scry them later.  It will make it easier to rescue them later."

"Parker, I'd be happy to help you search for trinkets, but I suggest we do so while moving toward the exit.  Whatever we find may help us fund the rescue mission.  Also, let's not stray too far from each other.  I'd like to see you all again in the warm sunlight.  When we get back, I'll prepare a feast."

"Marius, I'm not sure why you fear death so much.  It can be a beautiful event if the life one lives is worthwhile.  It's the most natural part of life.  Of all the things you learned in your 5000 years, you've failed to learn these immutable truths.  No amount of power is worth anything if you have nobody to share it with or if you use it solely for selfishness.  When you learn these things, your soul will be free."     
A few notes: 1) as soon as you carried Leon out of the cell block you were cut off from it by a wall of stone; 2) you have been moving slowly down the hall and I need a marching order. This new hallway is several hundred yards long and featureless. Ari still feels the evil presence. 3) Marius does not respond.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
I activate "sacred healing" (everyone gets 3 hp/round for the next 8 rounds) and then recall "divine sacrifice" using my pearl of power. That's 2 rounds including movement.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »
A few notes: 1) as soon as you carried Leon out of the cell block you were cut off from it by a wall of stone; 2) you have been moving slowly down the hall and I need a marching order. This new hallway is several hundred yards long and featureless. Ari still feels the evil presence. 3) Marius does not respond.

I didn't think we made it into the room yet, having just freed Ajax.  I know we were moving towards the room and the other hallway, but, in the few rounds it has been, i didn't think we had made it all the way there yet.  Parker would have searched as they moved through the room looking for items, gear, and secret doors.  He has  the Relic Hunter ability that automatically gives him a chance to detect secret doors when he is within 10' of one.  He is still hasted for the time being and still has a 60' move.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »

Asinjin is in the back with the horses.  The only detection spell I still have active is Locate Object on Battle.  The Anticipate Teleport is still active (which is sort of a detection spell).  I have my cat spot and listen each round.  His checks aren't high, but he still has See Invisibility and True Seeing on and has Scent.  He has a 13 Int and 12 Wis, so he is smart enough to pick things out.  He is on my shoulder.  He is also still invisible (everything that I have cast on myself he still has, as he didn't get dispelled...including mindblank).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »
~Ari, where are you detecting evil from?~

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »
Asinjin is in the back with the horses.  The only detection spell I still have active is Locate Object on Battle.  The Anticipate Teleport is still active (which is sort of a detection spell).  I have my cat spot and listen each round.  His checks aren't high, but he still has See Invisibility and True Seeing on and has Scent.  He has a 13 Int and 12 Wis, so he is smart enough to pick things out.  He is on my shoulder.  He is also still invisible (everything that I have cast on myself he still has, as he didn't get dispelled...including mindblank).
I think the mind blank was dispelled? You made reference to now being able to use the telepathy?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
(everything that I have cast on myself he still has, as he didn't get dispelled...including mindblank)

I am saying that the cat has all of the spells, because nothing on him got dispelled.