Author Topic: The Horse and his Orc  (Read 23596 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Horse and his Orc
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
I wasn't going to take the time to learn it tonight.  I was going to research spells that would help us and then buy scrolls.  Then I/we could scribe them into my/our spellbooks at our leisure...or you know, use the scrolls.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
I wasn't going to take the time to learn it tonight.  I was going to research spells that would help us and then buy scrolls.  Then I/we could scribe them into my/our spellbooks at our leisure...or you know, use the scrolls.
Buying scrolls is easier said than done except for the most common spells. You only know of one source for uncommon spells in Phiam: Cicero. The college has common spells at discounted prices for professors, though you are expected to make up the difference by contributing in some way. For anything else you would have to go to Cape Tolya.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »
"If we can find a wizard that has the spell who is friendly to us, I can prepare it from his spellbook with little difficulty.  Parker, why do you think it necessary?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »
What time is it?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 03:48:06 PM »
What time is it?
Assuming you have been there half an hour about 930pm

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
"Deputy, do you have any idea how long this expedition will take?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »
"Deputy, do you have any idea how long this expedition will take?"
Brentan says "The high cleric says he was about ten miles outside the city on the High road when he was attacked. It will take us about five hours to march there, a bit more as its dark. After that I suppose it depends on what we find."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
To Parker, Rubius, Ari, etc. "That is too long a trip for me.  By then, many of my spells for the day will have expired, in addition to having exhausted..." cough "my best spells for today already.  It will also put us behind the Hebablam for tomorrow's efforts."

"However, if we could get there faster, we may be able to do it.  My Phantom Steed will get us there in half an hour, but it only carry myself and one other.  We would need a few more of them and directions."

Back to Brentan, "can the high cleric give us very specific directions or location."

Again back to Ari, "We should only need to get relatively close for you to be able to find them, especially if there are more than a few."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »
Asinjin, if you travel to their aid, I will not let you go by yourself, especially in your exhausted state.  You have my help, such that it is.  I cannot shake the feeling that this is a distraction or possibly a trap to prevent us from rescuing Leon and Battle, but I won't let the Constable's men suffer needlessly.  I am ready to leave when you are.     

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
"If we can find a wizard that has the spell who is friendly to us, I can prepare it from his spellbook with little difficulty.  Parker, why do you think it necessary?"
"I think wantonly tromping into an unknown area filled with formidable foes unprepared is a mistake.  One we tend to make all too often."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
The high cleric says: "I have exhausted most of my prayers. I will need to wait until morning if you need exact guidance."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
"With Ari's ability, we should only need within a quarter mile of where it happened."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
In regards to the mundane equipment you are preparing please post an exact list of anything out of the ordinary you are taking. VJ gathers torches, two lanterns, 8 flasks of oil, a mirror, 100 feet of good rope, a grapple, chalk, pitons, a hammer, rations, blankets and warm clothes for 12.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2012, 10:36:49 PM »
"With Ari's ability, we should only need within a quarter mile of where it happened."
"Within a half a mile would suffice, but I doubt the drow would remain near the area of the attack once their target left."

I use a sending to contact Nisoru: "Aescolos Thanos was abducted immediately upon arrival in Phiam. Brightsoul escaped with the Kingmaker and is at the Temple here. I fear their safety."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »
"Within a half a mile would suffice, but I doubt the drow would remain near the area of the attack once their target left."

I use a sending to contact Nisoru: "Aescolos Thanos was abducted immediately upon arrival in Phiam. Brightsoul escaped with the Kingmaker and is at the Temple here. I fear their safety."
No response to the sending.

Brentan appears very distressed at the lack of enthusiasm for the task. "I cannot sit idly by while drow attack travelers within sight of my city. If you can aid us tomorrow it would be a great help. For now we have a long march ahead.". With that the constables muster out of the temple and march into the night.