Author Topic: The Horse and his Orc  (Read 23494 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: The Horse and his Orc
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
The young cleric Marcus, who is now armed with a sword and has a breastplate on beneath his robes, arrives and says : "Both the first and second deputy constables have come. There is a great company of constables with them. The first deputy has asked to speak with Lord Arishimoto."

Brightsoul says "Lord? I beg your pardon Lord
Arishimoto for my lack of decorum. (Turning to Astrek) I suppose you were just going to sit there as I made a fool of my self? Humph."
"Marcus, meet Brightsoul, mighty steed of Aescolos Thanos, paladin of Stasis and bearer of his light." I fill Marcus in on everything Brightsoul told us. "I will leave the amount of detail provided to the first constable up to you regarding Aescolos' purpose here in Icefia."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »
"Marcus, meet Brightsoul, mighty steed of Aescolos Thanos, paladin of Stasis and bearer of his light." I fill Marcus in on everything Brightsoul told us. "I will leave the amount of detail provided to the first constable up to you regarding Aescolos' purpose here in Icefia."
Do you tell Marcus about the true heir? Do you tell him his name if you do?  You have not told Brightsoul his name and Marcus was not present during that part of the conversation.

(and he politely corrects you: "Servant of his light, Lord Ari.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:14:43 PM by whitesword »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »
Your mansion is well stocked with all necessary mundane gear

Parker summons VJ and puts together a list of the mundane equipment they will need (cloaks, lanterns, rope, pitons, etc..)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
Do you tell Marcus about the true heir? Do you tell him his name if you do?  You have not told Brightsoul his name and Marcus was not present during that part of the conversation.

(and he politely corrects you: "Servant of his light, Lord Ari.)
I only tell Marcus that Ajax was seeking the "true heir", I am not sure who exactly that is. Marcus have any thoughts?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »
Parker summons VJ and puts together a list of the mundane equipment they will need (cloaks, lanterns, rope, pitons, etc..)
He asks how many days do you plan on going for and how many extra people should he prepare equipment and clothing for?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
I only tell Marcus that Ajax was seeking the "true heir", I am not sure who exactly that is. Marcus have any thoughts?
"No Lord Arishimoto, I have no idea. I suppose his late majesty's niece, the child Cora would be his closest relation?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:13:24 PM by whitesword »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 10:38:17 PM »
He asks how many days do you plan on going for and how many extra people should he prepare equipment and clothing for?

"Better make it an even dozen.  With our track record of attracting strays, you never know"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »
Parker will also take some time to research some spells that might be helpful at the college.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »
Parker will also take some time to research some spells that might be helpful at the college.
Are you no longer planning on leaving in the morning?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
When you return to the temple hall you find Brentan Firepeak, the first deputy of the city, and Udarin Thate, the second deputy. They are accompanied by twenty constables, all with armor and weapons of their choice. Brentan has a black sash over his sword belt and a round shield at his side. He looks grim and looks at Parker and your entourage with narrowed eyes. Udarin has a short sword, more delicate than Brentan's heavy, gladius style, blade. He also has two wands and riding boots. He seems happier to see you.

Brentan begins: "Greetings Lord Arishimoto, it is well that you are here; there are drow about. Never in my life would I have believed it; wugs and now drow within sighting distance of Phiam!  These are dark times indeed. Your retinue (by which he clearly means the rest of you) are welcome to go on the hunt with us as well, though I must warn you, I sent word to Grimdrek Sledgehammer of the attack and he means to meet us with twenty five of his elite guards at the site of the attack."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
"Deputy Brentan, I can only speak for myself, but I would be more than happy to help you hunt the drow.  Assuming it is only for the night."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 06:13:18 AM »
Are you no longer planning on leaving in the morning?

Yes, Still leaving in  the morning.  Parker had a permanent Teleport circle to the college installed before the drag.... scary flying lizard attack.  And, Parker only needs 2 hrs of sleep.  That should be plenty of time to go to the college, research the Tremmorsense spell and get back.  If not, then he will brainstorm with Asinjin on what spells they may need that are not already in their arsenal and go buy scrolls.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
"Deputy Brentan, I can only speak for myself, but I would be more than happy to help you hunt the drow.  Assuming it is only for the night."
"Hmmm, I think it will take us all night just to get to the spot where the attack happened. Do you have some pressing business elsewhere?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
Yes, Still leaving in  the morning.  Parker had a permanent Teleport circle to the college installed before the drag.... scary flying lizard attack.  And, Parker only needs 2 hrs of sleep.  That should be plenty of time to go to the college, research the Tremmorsense spell and get back.  If not, then he will brainstorm with Asinjin on what spells they may need that are not already in their arsenal and go buy scrolls.
I will have to defer to the players with wizard characters. I thought it was an hour per spell level to learn a new spell?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
It is 8 hours regardless of spell level.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.