Author Topic: The Horse and his Orc  (Read 23497 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: The Horse and his Orc
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 02:48:28 AM »
"I do not, but Rubius does."

Asinjin is correct Brightsoul.  I'd be happy to look over the sword on your behalf until you can locate and rescue Aesculos.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
"Perhaps I missed this, but did Ajax know who it was that the sword was searching for?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
"Perhaps I missed this, but did Ajax know who it was that the sword was searching for?"
"Do you mean the name of the person who is the true heir?  No."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 08:53:09 PM »
I suspect that regardless of whether we begin our search for Battle/Leon or Aesculos, we will end up at the same place. These events cannot be a coincidence.

That said, our first obligation is to recover Battle. It seems that we should be able to do so quickly, and can start the search for Aesculos when we return if he is not being kept with Leon.

Perhaps it is best to leave the Kingmaker here in the Temple, no sense exposing it to unnecessary risk by bringing it with us.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »
The young cleric Marcus, who is now armed with a sword and has a breastplate on beneath his robes, arrives and says : "Both the first and second deputy constables have come. There is a great company of constables with them. The first deputy has asked to speak with Lord Arishimoto."

Brightsoul says "Lord? I beg your pardon Lord
Arishimoto for my lack of decorum. (Turning to Astrek) I suppose you were just going to sit there as I made a fool of my self? Humph."
Thank you Brightsoul, but just 'Ari' will suffice. How much would you like us to tell the first deputy about your intentions in Icefia? The more they know, the more likely they will be to find your master, but it also puts your quest at risk. The first deputy is a noble man, I believe you can speak to him in confidence if you so choose.   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »
Thank you Brightsoul, but just 'Ari' will suffice. How much would you like us to tell the first deputy about your intentions in Icefia? The more they know, the more likely they will be to find your master, but it also puts your quest at risk. The first deputy is a noble man, I believe you can speak to him in confidence if you so choose.
"Oh no Lord Ari, I would never embarrass myself or my master by not according you the proper respect.

I don't know what Aesculos would do about the constables. He is not usually very subtle but from what little he told me the existence of the heir is a great secret. He was going to Messada to speak with the Steward. "

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed. Brightsoul!

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
If there are no more questions for Brightsoul I will move on this evening. Remember you must be ready to head out at the start of next session.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
What does Brightsoul do while we're on our mission?  To the rest of the group: how many people are teleporting with us?  I strongly suggest we try to convince a few people to travel in my bag of holding.  We need to get supplies for the trip such as all weather cloaks, healing potions, and magical and mundane ways of picking locks and traps.  Also, we need to form a strategy on how to collect the sword and rescue Leon.  Do we know enough about "Battle" to know if it will allow us to handle it or will it resist out attempts at liberation?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
I can cast Legend Lore to learn about Battle (since I have held it before, as with the discern location, I can do that).

"Right now, only 6 are going.  More can return, but since I can Teleport back, as opposed to Greater Teleport, that is not an issue.  I will not go into the bag.  Do you know how stable it is?  For note, my belt is a dimensional space as well, so it should not go into the bag unless you are certain of its stability."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »
I can cast Legend Lore to learn about Battle (since I have held it before, as with the discern location, I can do that).

"Right now, only 6 are going.  More can return, but since I can Teleport back, as opposed to Greater Teleport, that is not an issue.  I will not go into the bag.  Do you know how stable it is?  For note, my belt is a dimensional space as well, so it should not go into the bag unless you are certain of its stability."

It is of the finest quality and stability.  It can hold 3000 pounds and can support a livable environment.  I have carried people, animals, and supplies both magical and mundane in this bag.  I would not force anyone to travel inside of course, but it is most capable of handling our needs.     

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »

To use the shortest casting time you need the item at hand. Otherwise it's 1d10 days.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
What does Brightsoul do while we're on our mission?  To the rest of the group: how many people are teleporting with us?  I strongly suggest we try to convince a few people to travel in my bag of holding.  We need to get supplies for the trip such as all weather cloaks, healing potions, and magical and mundane ways of picking locks and traps.  Also, we need to form a strategy on how to collect the sword and rescue Leon.  Do we know enough about "Battle" to know if it will allow us to handle it or will it resist out attempts at liberation?
Brightsoul says "I will remain here. The high cleric will alert the Steward of the situation tomorrow."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »
...We need to get supplies for the trip such as all weather cloaks, healing potions, and magical and mundane ways of picking locks and traps.

Parker chuckles.  "My good halfling, I have re-written both the past and the future with my ability to escape the most nefarious of situations.  I am all the 'ways of picking locks and traps' we will need."  he pauses a minute.  "Have you really not heard of me?  I think I might be offended by that.  As for the rest, rest assured that we have the coina nd contacts to get just about anything we will need."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »
Parker chuckles.  "My good halfling, I have re-written both the past and the future with my ability to escape the most nefarious of situations.  I am all the 'ways of picking locks and traps' we will need."  he pauses a minute.  "Have you really not heard of me?  I think I might be offended by that.  As for the rest, rest assured that we have the coina nd contacts to get just about anything we will need."
Your mansion is well stocked with all necessary mundane gear