Author Topic: The Horse and his Orc  (Read 23493 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
The Horse and his Orc
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
Just 300 Xp to get the ball rolling.

Things to do 1) Actually be ready to go at the start of next session
                     2) Ask questions to Brightsoul
                     3) Find out about the sword

If you choose to ask any other questions and or do anything that relates to the Dinner or Funeral please use the Dark Summer thread.   Anything that you do, talk about etc. from this point on goes here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Horse and his Orc
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 12:31:37 AM »
I cast Legend Lore, review the spell and let me know what I get.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 07:47:47 AM »
I continue to feed Brightsoul carrots, apples, sugar cubes, oats, and whatever else he may need.  "Brightsoul, are you able to feel Ajax's presence or has your bond to him been cut off?  If you can, is he badly harmed?  Also, would you be able to describe your covert mission objectives?  I do not wish to put you in jeopardy if that information is too delicate, so don't feel obligated to share, but I would like to help in any way I can.  Before you were assaulted, do you recall hearing or seeing anything regarding Leon or the two keyblades that unlock the Gemblade?  Did your assailants mention the name "Battle" or refer to the Gemblade by name?  Once you recover from your wounds, we would be happy to help locate Ajax.  Would you be willing to aid us in finding Leon and the keyblades?  I have no doubt they are directly related.

On a side note, I'd like to continue to donate vast quantities of food and drink to the women and children left behind.  This, of course, applies only to the time before we actually leave.  If it's only a day, then I get up extra early and bring over the supplies with the badger's help if he's willing.     

Also before we leave, I go to a fortified location within the area like a Temple or military barracks and contact Emelda with the sending stone.  I also check "status" to see how she's recovering from the psionic attack.  I check on the kids too.       

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
I continue to feed Brightsoul carrots, apples, sugar cubes, oats, and whatever else he may need.  "Brightsoul, are you able to feel Ajax's presence or has your bond to him been cut off?  If you can, is he badly harmed?  Also, would you be able to describe your covert mission objectives?  I do not wish to put you in jeopardy if that information is too delicate, so don't feel obligated to share, but I would like to help in any way I can.  Before you were assaulted, do you recall hearing or seeing anything regarding Leon or the two keyblades that unlock the Gemblade?  Did your assailants mention the name "Battle" or refer to the Gemblade by name?  Once you recover from your wounds, we would be happy to help locate Ajax.  Would you be willing to aid us in finding Leon and the keyblades?  I have no doubt they are directly related.

On a side note, I'd like to continue to donate vast quantities of food and drink to the women and children left behind.  This, of course, applies only to the time before we actually leave.  If it's only a day, then I get up extra early and bring over the supplies with the badger's help if he's willing.     

Also before we leave, I go to a fortified location within the area like a Temple or military barracks and contact Emelda with the sending stone.  I also check "status" to see how she's recovering from the psionic attack.  I check on the kids too.     
Brightsoul eats an apple and a sugar cube and thanks you through Ari. He also comments "You enjoy quite the life of leisure here Astrek." earning a hiss in response.

"I know that we came here to find the new king and ensure that he is acknowledged by those in power as the true heir. As for the secret nature of our entry I only know a little. As far as I know Aesculos is unique among my lord's paladins as he has access to mighty powers of light beyond those available to other paladins. When we left Pacyr to go to the aid of King Roflander in the frost giant kingdom he had access to all of his powers but after the defeat of the frost cults we learned of the King's death and tried to travel here across the fields of the realm of the Bright Sword, the realm of my lord on Celestia, which is a beautiful place, you should visit if you can, but he found that he could not open the Gate. We rode towards Port Springs with all speed, which is quite fast, and on the fourth night Lady Electra, my lord's celestial messenger, arrived and set before us a Light, which is an Aasmion, who guided us both below ground and above, on hidden paths that we would not have found on our own. I suspect he was a dwarf in life on this world. We reached Port Springs, which is an impressive city, and began to search for passage. There we met the Orcs who were on their way here to join the war.  I detest travel at sea, as does Aesculos, as do most Orcs or so I understand, and the voyage was unpleasant. I don't know what happened on the dock, I was forced to wait with the ordinary horses, though I mean no disrespect to them as they seemed fine war horses and they acquitted themselves well when I led them in the charge through the troops. Rarely has Aesculos sent me from his side and I was loathe to leave him but he has always made clear the importance of the sword. I found my way here but the high cleric seemed to have a great deal on his mind and did not think to speak with me as you wisely have." He then drinks some water. "Where was I? Oh yes, your other questions. Aesculos is either too far away or in a magic place that prevents me from feeling his presence. He is still alive, for I would return to the Mount if he were slain.  I know nothing of swords other than the Kingmaker, I am sorry."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:30:42 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
A clarification: At some point I think I referred to Sir Bartholomew Grace, the Captain of the Knights of the White Sword in Icefia, as a paladin of Stasis. He is a paladin of Hemator.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:05:24 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
The food is greatly appreciated.

All is well with your family.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 09:34:48 PM »
Rarely has Aesculos sent me from his side and I was loathe to leave him but he has always made clear the importance of the sword.

"Please forgive me for asking Brightsoul, but why did Aesculos find it necessary to leave your side?  How is it that you managed to make it out of the scuffle with The Kingmaker alive?  Were you followed here?  I imagine a creature of your grandeur would be able to detect evil beings nearby.  Drow attacks have been reported in the area."   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:19:53 PM »
"Aesculos clearly saw that he was being overwhelmed and as I said has always emphasized the importance of the sword. As for my escape, most creatures do not expect dumb animals to break free if they are not in danger and certainly they do not expect a coordinated plan. We took them by surprise." He drinks some more water. "As for drow, I detest drow as they are dishonorable, cowardly, villians. Aesculos, who also detests them, as do all creatures with good sense, and I have fought them before so I know their smell too well. They sprang at us from the shadows, as drow are want to do, trying to kill the cleric but take me alive. Even with the element of surprise they could not bring us both low as the cleric is a capable warrior and most of their darts had no effect on me, protected as I am by my celestial nature."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
"Perhaps there is someone we can trust in the city with tracking down this paladin while we go after Leon.  A skilled group of investigators that knows the city..."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 10:48:36 PM »
"Perhaps there is someone we can trust in the city with tracking down this paladin while we go after Leon.  A skilled group of investigators that knows the city..."
Robyn says: "The Sergeant did say the Second Deputy would most likely take an interest. How would we explain this to him without revealing the paladin's quest?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
Asinjin's spell reveals that the sword was forged on Mount Celestia by one of Stasis' celestial servants, it has the power to lead the wielder to noble, just, would be rulers and bestows on the chosen a blessing. It is not a potent weapon for battle but it is very well made, almost over built.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
Asinjin asks Brightsoul: "Where do you want the sword kept while your master is prisoner?"  And strangely, I introduce myself to the horse, "Let me be more polite, I am Asinjin, sculpture and diviner.  Rest assured that I will find your master as soon as I am able."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 02:25:40 PM »
Asinjin asks Brightsoul: "Where do you want the sword kept while your master is prisoner?"  And strangely, I introduce myself to the horse, "Let me be more polite, I am Asinjin, sculpture and diviner.  Rest assured that I will find your master as soon as I am able."
"A pleasure to meet you Asinjin. Thank you for any help you can give. I would prefer not to be too far from the sword as my master charged me with its safe keeping but I have enough horse sense to know that I cannot defend it against another such attack. Is there a safe place we can take it? Do you have a magic bag where you can keep it with you?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 03:49:57 PM »
"I do not, but Rubius does."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »
The young cleric Marcus, who is now armed with a sword and has a breastplate on beneath his robes, arrives and says : "Both the first and second deputy constables have come. There is a great company of constables with them. The first deputy has asked to speak with Lord Arishimoto."

Brightsoul says "Lord? I beg your pardon Lord
Arishimoto for my lack of decorum. (Turning to Astrek) I suppose you were just going to sit there as I made a fool of my self? Humph."