Author Topic: A Dark Summer  (Read 31568 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: A Dark Summer
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 11:14:08 PM »
Unseasonably cold.  About twenty degrees below normal for the summer, barely above freezing at night

"Praise Smofarf for magic to keep us warm."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
Parker asks Asinjin for an extended Neutralize Poison while at the function.  You never know, with Parker's checkered past, what the night will bring

"No, that would require me to wish for, and I won't do that."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 11:25:43 PM »
Russell!!!!!

>:(

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
When the opportunity presents itself, Asinjin asks, "Lady Carmurren, or perhaps Master Keverene, do you know why there is no representative of Jaswap here?"

Mind Blank is up.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »
When the opportunity presents itself, Asinjin asks, "Lady Carmurren, or perhaps Master Keverene, do you know why there is no representative of Jaswap here?"

Mind Blank is up.
Note that I don't think you can use the Mind Blank and the Telepathy spell at the same time.

Aianna, after considering you for a moment says: "I fear that the church of Tyrogatore is in crisis. There are stories from all over Habololy of attacks both physical and' casting a practiced eye around the room, 'political." "Many of the high temples have reported attacks on their faithful." "As for Jaswap, there has been no word in some time."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
As there has been not much response so far I am sending you each with an email with additional info you can consider with the main post.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
At your convenience would the three attendees roll or simuroll a d20.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »
20!

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:49 PM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 09:40:52 PM »
Note that I don't think you can use the Mind Blank and the Telepathy spell at the same time.

I have them both up, but I am excluded from the telepathy as long as I have the Mind Blank up.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
Ari addresses Parker and Asinjin privately: "Be on your guard. Our enemies may consider such a gathering of Habololy's political powers to be too tempting of a target to ignore."

"I shouldn't work overmuch.  Those of whom have cause for such a worry will have brought their elite.  The obvious ones are the warriors and wizards dripping in accolades, but I would wager my mansion that there are those among each dignitaries attendants whose skills are of a more subtle and shady nature.  No, one would have to be an absolute fool to crash this party...speaking of which, where's Sunjata??"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
"I agree with Parker.  Someone that attacks here is either so powerful that even we cannot stand against; or so foolish that we not need worry about dealing with ourselves."

"Sunjata is in a better place for him."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
Sorry this is so late- my internet problems continue. 

During the evening Itsuwaru steers each of you expertly into a conversation circle away from the main group where Simonir of Pacyr is quietly speaking with, Aianna Cadmurren, Tvisarc Naepaer, the Grus Cannus of the 4th legion, a bladesinger from the Rosetree delegation, an Ice Gnome, the Wood Duke and Keverene of Amansky.  Strangely none of them seem to notice your approach and you overhear Simonir say:  ". . .the war is all but won and even if it were to end today the Scaled Kingdom will exist no more.  The winter may not be of the Kingdom's making but it has proven their greatest weapon.  Between the lack of a harvest and the blockade there is no food left to feed the civilians or the army, we must  . . .", at which point Itsuwaru says, "My lords and ladies," causing all of them to jump (a particularly funny sight from the Orc) "may I introduce you to Lord Arishimoto Udinaru, commander of the Order of the Banished Hero and Feyalin of Tfop, Professor Parker Berko of this institution and master sculptor Asinjin al-Davounin el-Tarrak."  He then exchanges kisses with Aianna who eyes each of you as if evaluating your mettle.  The rest then introduce themselves to you.
(Post any questions or conversation you have or attempt with any member of this group.)

"Good evening My Lords, My Lady." Parker bows politely to each.  "Were that we could have met under happier circumstances.  What with the weather, the war, and now this..." Parker shakes his head mournfully, "The Future King (Parker puts subtle emphasis on those two words) will have a heavy mantle of responsibility placed on their shoulders right from the outset.  May the gods deliver us one who is strong strong of character and bold of heart.  I fear both will be needed in these troubled times."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »
Asinjin and Parker can roll again