Author Topic: A Dark Summer  (Read 31514 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: A Dark Summer
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
He stopped you before you had a chance to call out. If you attempt to go around him he motions to Dean Hawklyn, the master of ceremonies. (There is no way for you to reach her without making a scene.)

Do we have a telepathy spell up? If yes, I ask Asinjin or Parker:

~It seems I am being prohibited from speaking him Lira. Can one of you try to talk to her while I'm distracting Whisker?~

To Whisker: "Perhaps you can explain the proper protocol to me, as I have no desire to make a scene yet. How does one formally request an audience to speak with a friend? I can assure you that I will not simply go away, I will speak with Lira before the night is done. As a Feyalin of Tfop, persistence is one of my greatest attributes.  Perhaps also one of my faults. And surely being from Yellowia you know that the best way to get a feyalin to do something is to tell him he is not permitted to do it. We are by our very nature defiant of imposed authority." All said with a genuinely pleasant smile.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »
How badly injured is she? I lay on hands for 42 hp if I think it will help. Heal check = 9+11 =20.

I assume I am carrying weapons but no armor?
That amount will be sufficient.  You are fully arrayed, just extra cleaned up.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »
"If you would not mind a ride on a horse, I will get us there swiftly."
No thank you as I do not shout my conversations.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »

~It seems I am being prohibited from speaking him Lira. Can one of you try to talk to her while I'm distracting Whisker?~

Parker and Robyn make their way over to Lyria.  They will use other patrons to try to obscure the fact that they are trying to reach Lyria.  If it looks like they are going to be stopped, Parker will distract whoever it is while Robyn makes the final approach.  We will great other patrons as if we are just merry minglers.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »

To Whisker: "Perhaps you can explain the proper protocol to me, as I have no desire to make a scene yet. How does one formally request an audience to speak with a friend? I can assure you that I will not simply go away, I will speak with Lira before the night is done. As a Feyalin of Tfop, persistence is one of my greatest attributes.  Perhaps also one of my faults. And surely being from Yellowia you know that the best way to get a feyalin to do something is to tell him he is not permitted to do it. We are by our very nature defiant of imposed authority." All said with a genuinely pleasant smile.
"Well said, and I mean no disrespect to you Sir knight, but I am required to follow my King's wishes. As for a brief protocol lesson, and I assure you this applies to all civilized nations, an unattached princess who has just reached the age of majority is under the protection and guidance of her guardian. As her mother is not here it is his majesty. It is his duty to introduce her to the delegates and of course find her a suitable match if a possible suitor presents himself. You may very well be such a man, though your companion this evening was as lovely as any woman in attendance so that could be awkward tonight. In short, tonight was not the night."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
Parker and Robyn make their way over to Lyria.  They will use other patrons to try to obscure the fact that they are trying to reach Lyria.  If it looks like they are going to be stopped, Parker will distract whoever it is while Robyn makes the final approach.  We will great other patrons as if we are just merry minglers.
It is impossible to reach her without forcing a confrontation. (You can assume this is how Robyn learns the information I sent).  She does smile at Robyn and acknowledge the attempt.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2012, 11:45:31 PM »
As you walk through the city it is quiet and the moon is covered but the city has always been well lit, in this section by magic.

Aianna says to you: "Master Asinjin, as I am sure you know little escapes my notice and I learned what I could of you once I heard your name announced but what little I have heard does not encourage me to share information with you.  So I can only judge you by your companions and as Lord Arishimoto is a man of honor and a true servant of good, though, she turns to Ari, somewhat lacking in etiquette, so I see no harm in explaining the Council of Succession.

"I understand your opinion, and take no offense at it."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »
After the attack, Parker will, if no one else does, check the walls and area around the gift table and see if he can find any sort of entry point, magic or mundane.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
After the attack, Parker will, if no one else does, check the walls and area around the gift table and see if he can find any sort of entry point, magic or mundane.
Nothing. To the best of your knowledge, and perhaps experience, the College is proofed against all forms of magical entry.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »
No thank you as I do not shout my conversations.

"I would ride on the horse with you, it is magical and can easily accommodate us."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »
"Well said, and I mean no disrespect to you Sir knight, but I am required to follow my King's wishes. As for a brief protocol lesson, and I assure you this applies to all civilized nations, an unattached princess who has just reached the age of majority is under the protection and guidance of her guardian. As her mother is not here it is his majesty. It is his duty to introduce her to the delegates and of course find her a suitable match if a possible suitor presents himself. You may very well be such a man, though your companion this evening was as lovely as any woman in attendance so that could be awkward tonight. In short, tonight was not the night."
"The nature of my duties require that most of my time be spent in the un-civilized parts of nations.

I restate that I have no romantic interest in the princess. Perhaps as a favor to me, someone who risked his life to ensure Lira's safety, you can let me speak with her? Or, if you insist upon following your protocols, introduce me to your King. Surely he would want to meet those who returned Lira safely to this...[awkward pause as I try to find another word besides "when"]...Icefia.

My other options to speak with her get increasingly complicated and/or embarrassing for the both of us. I was not joking about being overly persistent."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
Do we have a telepathy spell up?

It is up, but Asinjin has Mind Blank so for the moment, he cannot participate.  Robyn, Parker, Asinjin, Ari, and anyone else we are closer with that is near are all in it.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2012, 12:17:45 AM »
"The nature of my duties require that most of my time be spent in the un-civilized parts of nations.

I restate that I have no romantic interest in the princess. Perhaps as a favor to me, someone who risked his life to ensure Lira's safety, you can let me speak with her? Or, if you insist upon following your protocols, introduce me to your King. Surely he would want to meet those who returned Lira safely to this...[awkward pause as I try to find another word besides "when"]...Icefia.

My other options to speak with her get increasingly complicated and/or embarrassing for the both of us. I was not joking about being overly persistent."
"Not tonight Sir Knight. After the ceremony I will arrange it. "

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2012, 12:19:21 AM »
"I would ride on the horse with you, it is magical and can easily accommodate us."
That simply earns you a look that says "seriously?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »
I don't say anything else for our walk back to the embassy.