Author Topic: Ship Construction  (Read 49569 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Ship Construction
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 04:46:22 PM »
This was the crew from the beginning of the season but by the end of the season we went back with the treasure from the dragon and commissioned the new ship.  The ship was going to take a long time and we still had a mission to complete which was to get the floating isle.  We decided to hold auditions for captain and other positions.  We went to the dedestroytian port to get an old war ship and from there on a mission to the floating isle.  Evanni answered our summons to audition for captain and lead the mission.  When we completed this mission and got back we decided on the crew for new ship.    Evanni was captain, Rin was first mate,  and I was navigator.  I know Malchia wanted to be ship's mage but we made him apprentice and hired another ship's mage that could cast at least 4th level spells and had better spells for being a utility ship's mage.   We also hired an elite crew to crew the ship because we did not want to have such a powerful ship with a poor crew.  I know we kept the assassin like guy from the old ship that got some pretty powerful magic item that made him invisible.  I forget his name.  I don't remember what crew positions that the other PCs took.
Did Kasai get demoted?  I remember having a stern talking to by the captain because I burned down the mast on an enemy ship, but I don't remember getting stripped of my Ship's Mage rank.  If the Captain said that was the case, then Kasai will step down.  I just don't recall.  DM, can you confirm? 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »
It wasn't a DM's decision.  It was the owners of the new ship's decision.  Kasai did not have the job on the new ship.  We need Kasai on the ship but not as ship's mage.  We need a more utility mage as ships mages and Kasai does not really have the utility spells needed.  We talked about making him the assistant to the mage or creating a new position for him on the ship.

OOC:  Kasai is a fire elementalist or something?  If I remember he does not have spell like gust of wind, mend etc or other useful spells to maneuver, manager and repair the ship.   He just destroys things?  I don't think the title should effect you too much anyway especially if you plan to stay with our ship. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:26:08 PM by Windblade »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:11 PM »
It wasn't a DM's decision.  It was the owners of the new ship's decision.  Kasai did not have the job on the new ship.  We need Kasai on the ship but not as ship's mage.  We need a more utility mage as ships mages and Kasai does not really have the utility spells needed.  We talked about making him the assistant to the mage or creating a new position for him on the ship.

OOC:  Kasai is a fire elementalist or something?  If I remember he does not have spell like gust of wind, mend etc or other useful spells to maneuver, manager and repair the ship.   He just destroys things?  I don't think the title should effect you too much anyway especially if you plan to stay with our ship.
That's fine.  I just don't remember the details of our previous arrangement.

Kasai is a Sorcerer with the elemental bloodline.  He specializes in fire, but he is able to use all elements equally, so wind, air, lightning, etc become options as I learn more spells.  I only become tied to a single element if I choose the Elemental Caster prestige class.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 11:13:12 PM »
It might have been amari who we hired as captain. I do remember Beverly and I know she is not staying with us.  We hired a ships mage at the end of last season that never actually played and we also hired elite crew.  None of the people you described are the assassin like guy that I am talking about.  There was a magic item from the treasure that had a powerful invisibility on it and we let the assassin like guy have it. I think He planned to stay with us so he could continue to get more loot.  The assassin like guy might have been a sandoo.  Hopefully Hero will remember.
I have in my notes that the 2 NPCs that assisted Taiji, Kasai, and Gabriel with the recovery of the dragon's loot were named Nessissik (a vass ranger) and Rodien (a rogue, no details on race, but I'm thinking Horarian). I think it was Rodien that took the superior invisibility gem in lieu of a cash settlement.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2018, 11:15:39 PM »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2018, 11:18:50 PM »
If I remember he does not have spell like gust of wind,...
Why does the ship mage need gust of wind? We have three of Lakius' artifacts and his high cleric.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
We also need to describe the crew.  Here is from the last voyage:
Taiji humbly accepts the role of Master Carpenter/Co-Ship's Mage.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:26 PM »
Why does the ship mage need gust of wind? We have three of Lakius' artifacts and his high cleric.
True.  Besides, after we're done pimping out the new ship, we shouldn't need many utility spells with additions like everfull sails, submerge, and magical hardening.  We will, however, need someone capable of casting long range damage spells during ship to ship combat.  😀

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 12:53:00 AM »
True.  Besides, after we're done pimping out the new ship, we shouldn't need many utility spells with additions like everfull sails, submerge, and magical hardening.  We will, however, need someone capable of casting long range damage spells during ship to ship combat.  😀

OOC:   I know this is what was decided when we last played.  Trying to stay in character for the decision and not metagame because Kasai is a PC.   From what I remember there is no way Nathan would hire him as the ship's mage until he was higher and level and had more utility spells.  What level is Kasai?  We need to make sure the mage has proper spells in case any of our ships magic items are dispelled or not working for some reason.   We also want our mage to be able to give the ship a tactical advantage when fighting other ships.  Kasai is a different type of weapon and his main power right now which is fire is not allowed to be used on the open seas if we are following the treaties which were established.  Unless Kasai plans to drop all fire spells and devote himself to Lakius and take only water and air spells I don't see Nathan budging on this right now.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 08:26:09 AM »
I have in my notes that the 2 NPCs that assisted Taiji, Kasai, and Gabriel with the recovery of the dragon's loot were named Nessissik (a vass ranger) and Rodien (a rogue, no details on race, but I'm thinking Horarian). I think it was Rodien that took the superior invisibility gem in lieu of a cash settlement.

Rodied was a gree.  He was one of two on the ship.  He stayed because of the loot and the prospects of getting even more loot.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 08:41:50 AM »
Rodied was a gree.  He was one of two on the ship.  He stayed because of the loot and the prospects of getting even more loot.

Correct, he used the Tri Blades.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »
The other Gree is Ritvali.

There is another Horarian named Midiyro who seemed to gravitate to Claude and used a katana when battle arrived.

I believe that a number of crew from the Pride of the Rose chose not to join you on the next mission.  Correct my memory if wrong, but I believe the following did not join you:

Lander, Prelate cleric of Habastly, older human
Karven, Navigator loremaster, older human
Theo, Talpan steward
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2018, 09:01:43 PM »
The other Gree is Ritvali.
Is Ritvali a rogue? It might have been him that claimed the invisibility gem.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2018, 09:09:04 PM »
Kasai is a different type of weapon and his main power right now which is fire is not allowed to be used on the open seas if we are following the treaties which were established.
We can’t use fire spells? I was not aware of that. Where is that specified?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
DM can give better details but it is specified in some treaty somewhere that heavily destructive magic such as fireballs will not be used in ship to ship combat.