Author Topic: The Maker of War  (Read 26509 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: The Maker of War
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »
Out of curiosity, is anyone able to actually read the note on the cleaver?  I'm curious what language it's written in. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »
Out of curiosity, is anyone able to actually read the note on the cleaver?  I'm curious what language it's written in.

It appears to be written in common.  I think Vor'Ruk and Saladien can read that, probably Grant as well
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
It takes several minutes before Saladien and Predator regain their senses.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 11:20:21 PM »
It appears to be written in common.  I think Vor'Ruk and Saladien can read that, probably Grant as well

Vor'Ruk can read Common.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »
Since we are on the topic of the cleaver and I assume that you get back to Balinhost safely whether its by Tyrogatore's Breath of Transport via Plants;

The cleaver is a magical two handed weapon for a medium character.  It does not offer a bonus to hit.  It is made of some planar metal which radiates chaos and you also learn that it can store one divine spell of any level that can be delivered by an attack.  It deals 1d10 damage and is a martial weapon for any of you.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »
Okay, so here's the deal. 
1) I need to be healed seeing as I'm at the brink of death.
Haas casts a Heal on Valizar to restore 150 hp. Fort save DC 20.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:24:14 AM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 10:02:57 AM »
2) I need to get an artificial limb installed.
What you are asking for sounds like a clicker.  >:(

I will pray to Tyrogatore (commune) on ways to remove the curse so that your foot may be restored.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »
3) I need Ajax to Gate me to Stronmus' front door so I can challenge him or one of his champions to get my leg back.
4) I will die a glorious death at the hands of Stronmus and be reunited with the mighty Tyrogatore.
If you die in Stronmus' realm, your soul will be trapped there as that insane deity's plaything, forever outside of even the mighty Tyrogatore's supreme reach. Do not be a fool.

Sorry for all the replies. Doing this on my phone and I'm too lazy to try to get everything into 1 post.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:16:00 AM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 10:20:05 AM »
Without Mallory, does the staff have enough to get you back that night?
I will pray for an hour to swap out Summon 7 for an extended Tyrogatore's Breath/windwalk.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 10:42:45 AM »
What you are asking for sounds like a clicker.  >:(

I will pray to Tyrogatore (commune) on ways to remove the curse so that your foot may be restored.

At some point your prayers lead to the conclusion that the curse could only be removed by someone that can counter Stronmus' divine spell power.  There is also a built in removal mechanism, although your prayers can't reveal what it is, your common sense leads you to an obvious conclusion...

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 10:43:41 AM »
If you die in Stronmus' realm, your soul will be trapped there as that insane deity's plaything, forever outside of even the mighty Tyrogatore's supreme reach. Do not be a fool.

Sorry for all the replies. Doing this on my phone and I'm too lazy to try to get everything into 1 post.

I prefer this so that we can answer specific questions, also you get more xp per legit post.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 10:46:28 AM »
I will pray for an hour to swap out Summon 7 for an extended Tyrogatore's Breath/windwalk.

Then by the next morning, you are back in Balinhost, exhausted and with a report for Ellic and Martin.

The Taffers remain to watch.

When Sernene hears of what has happens, she is saddened and tries to divinely find Mallory to no avail.  Note that by the time she does that it is the next afternoon and it will have been 16 hours or so since his capture.  She responds after that, "I will return home and try to determine what is happening.  They are surely scared and confused after Mallory's message and disappearance."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 10:47:16 AM »
Ellic gets a detailed report from you on the enemies you encountered.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 10:51:43 AM »
He has his people inventory the Fey equipment that you bring back.  As best the taffers and you calculate, the swarms killed 140 fey.  Add that to the several you killed when you arrived back in Cheadsolas.

Only magical items survived the swarms, that and bones, although barely the bones.

9 Magic items are counted.  Further analysis tells Ellic and others that there were more (potions and such) as there are lingering magical auras.  However, the swarms destroyed as much as you found.

Ellic says, "You took the risk, so you keep any that you can use.  I would ask that you donate those that you can't to the war effort."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
The first item you find, and later examine (or at least Ellic's people do), is an amber dragonfly.  It is normally only two inches long, but when activated, it behaves like a Mage Hand and grows to three times that size.  It requires a Handle Animal skill check to activate.