General Category > The 4th Era Of Habololy

Where to Begin

(1/8) > >>

Asinjin:
As I begin to plan for the 4th era, I am considering different campaign options.

Looking at the following campaign styles, let me know which you would or would not be interested in doing (examples):

- Seafaring
- Large City (Port Springs, Rogues style)
- Single Race (Gnolls, Grean)
- Religion-based (Tyrogatore)
- Nation-based (Icefian, Mounted)
- Region-based (Great Forest, Palumbton)
- Villain-based (GOLK, dragons)
- Class-based (Wizards)

Windblade:
I loved the seafaring campaign but do not want to do another seafaring.

I always enjoy a villain based campaign. Good VS Evil is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing the game.

Single race and single class fall into the same category for me.  I think it really heavily depends on the story on how successful the campaign will be.  The wizards obviously turned out awesome and had a great story.  The story behind the gnolls was great and I think a lot of people enjoyed it.  There were two things that I didn't enjoy about the gnolls which was the fact that it was gnolls as the main race.  The other reason was there were just too many people playing.  9 people is just a lot. I think I would have absolutely loved the gnolls style of campaign if it was elves, or nipits or gnomes or a more common race and I think a lot of people enjoyed that campaign anyway.      TLDR.  This style of campaign is great as long as it comes with a good story.

I always enjoy a good religion based campaign

Nation based and Region based are very similar to me and they are fine. I think all campaigns can get classified under a nation or region based campaign because typically we do not travel the whole world.  Although I do understand you can focus heavily on the nation. (e.g Icefican and mounted campaign)  These two styles of campaigns are the norm and enjoyable .

City Based: I would not be interested in doing another city based campaign because I would like to continue the rogues campaign and that is already in that style.

I also think what we did pre snap was perfect. Many of the characters moved from one type of campaign to the other. For example the seafaring campaign started heavily about the seas and then became a religious campaign.  I think that change kept it fresh.

Malchia:
I'm happy to play anything, but here's some things I think would be fun in no particular order:

-Something we rarely, if ever do, is work with templates (all vampire or lycanthrope campaign would be fun)

-GOLK campaign where we're all agents of the GOLK trying to eliminate knowledge of certain events that our previous characters have caused in the past (not sure how that would work, but would be interesting)

-All Collector campaign to spread the good word of commerce (Bards, Clerics, Crafters, Evangelists, etc.)

-Travelling circus act (the possibilities are endless)

-If we're to do a campaign based on one race, I'd like to see an all Taffer group.  How fun would it be to be a group of bad ass squirrels?

-New concept here, but perhaps an elimination campaign?  What I mean is we could all be individuals fighting for our lives, such as slaves or gladiators.  Each week, we face ways to survive as we're pitted against new, more powerful opponents.  If we survive, we're "rewarded" with new weapons, armor, gear etc. until one of us dies.  If that happens, the dead can play as pit masters or NPC's vs. the living.  Basically a real life survival horror campaign.  The survivors earn their freedom and can be used in future campaigns.   

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Malchia on October 15, 2020, 02:17:43 PM ----New concept here, but perhaps an elimination campaign?  What I mean is we could all be individuals fighting for our lives, such as slaves or gladiators.  Each week, we face ways to survive as we're pitted against new, more powerful opponents.  If we survive, we're "rewarded" with new weapons, armor, gear etc. until one of us dies.  If that happens, the dead can play as pit masters or NPC's vs. the living.  Basically a real life survival horror campaign.  The survivors earn their freedom and can be used in future campaigns.

--- End quote ---

We did something like this in 1994, with 10 players, ended with 4.  Although in that one, once you were out you didn't play.  I think it lasted 6 sessions.

Malchia:

--- Quote from: Asinjin on October 15, 2020, 02:21:24 PM ---We did something like this in 1994, with 10 players, ended with 4.  Although in that one, once you were out you didn't play.  I think it lasted 6 sessions.

--- End quote ---
...so, what you're basically saying is 1994 called and they want their campaign idea back...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version