Habololy Books > Magic of Habololy

Miracle

(1/1)

Hero:
Please move to an appropriate topic in “House Rules” - subject didn’t fit in any of the existing and I can’t create a new one.

Question: Can you use the “duplicate spell” function of Miracle to replicate a spell with metamagic?

I see 3 possible answers:

* Yes, as long as the effective post-meta spell level is less than or equal to the spell level Miracle cap
* Yes; following the rules as written, metamagic does not change the spell’s level (e.g., a maximized fireball is still a 3rd level spell even though it uses a 6th level slot)
* No, because Miracle doesn’t mention metamagic
I like #1.

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Hero on November 16, 2019, 03:59:07 PM ---Please move to an appropriate topic in “House Rules” - subject didn’t fit in any of the existing and I can’t create a new one.

Question: Can you use the “duplicate spell” function of Miracle to replicate a spell with metamagic?

I see 3 possible answers:

* Yes, as long as the effective post-meta spell level is less than or equal to the spell level Miracle cap
* Yes; following the rules as written, metamagic does not change the spell’s level (e.g., a maximized fireball is still a 3rd level spell even though it uses a 6th level slot)
* No, because Miracle doesn’t mention metamagic
I like #1.

--- End quote ---

I believe we have discussed this before and #1 was what was settled upon.

Hero:
Another Miracle question: Can Miracle be used to duplicate the effects of Chronomancy spells? If yes, do caster and target have a risk of the associated ability damage?

Thinking Melee Manager from Magic of Habololy with Chain spell metamagic applied would be a thematic and functional Miracle request for Tyrogatore.

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Hero on May 12, 2020, 09:45:39 PM ---Another Miracle question: Can Miracle be used to duplicate the effects of Chronomancy spells? If yes, do caster and target have a risk of the associated ability damage?

Thinking Melee Manager from Magic of Habololy with Chain spell metamagic applied would be a thematic and functional Miracle request for Tyrogatore.

--- End quote ---

When duplicating a spell, you still need to pay the costs of the spell.  However, Miracle would allow you to ignore the pre-requisites for casting the spell.  So you wouldn't need the Chronomancy feat, but you would still take temporary ability damage.

Hero:
Makes sense. Shame the ability damage penalty is so steep though. Melee Manager could be chained to affect the entire group; a second set of full attacks per round for 20 rounds for everyone in the Tyrogatore party would be brutal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version