Habololy Books > Magic of Habololy

Persistent Spell

(1/5) > >>

Asinjin:
Since we have never defined for us the parameters of this feat, it seems like a good time to do so.

I would suggest that the wording of fixed spells that it can be applied to means only spells that have a set distance.  So, in addition to the explicitly listed personal spells that it can be applied to, it can be applied to spells that have a distance of feet listed as their range.  That would exclude any close, medium, and long range spells as well as touch spells.

Thoughts?

Hero:
Isn't "touch" a fixed range?

Malchia:

--- Quote from: Hero on September 26, 2017, 04:54:14 PM ---Isn't "touch" a fixed range?

--- End quote ---
I'd say yes.  It would be like casting a light spell and having it last all day instead of just 1 hour.  I would also argue that anything that can be made permanent should be allowed to be made persistent, regardless of range.

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Hero on September 26, 2017, 04:54:14 PM ---Isn't "touch" a fixed range?

--- End quote ---

There is a debate about that online forums and I'd say its mixed.

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Malchia on September 26, 2017, 06:52:57 PM ---I'd say yes.  It would be like casting a light spell and having it last all day instead of just 1 hour.  I would also argue that anything that can be made permanent should be allowed to be made persistent, regardless of range.

--- End quote ---

For the original spells allowed to be made permanent by the PHB, I would agree.  However, I would have to review our additional spells that we allow to be made permanent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version