Author Topic: Ship Construction  (Read 50465 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Ship Construction
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2018, 10:22:09 AM »
Natsu’s suggestion to Rin for repairing the Dreadnoct is a Repair Moderate Damage item that can be used 5 times per week to repair 2d8+6 hp per use. Will fully heal the construct if you expend all the charges (based on average rolls). It’s best for out of combat healing, but restores enough hp to warrant using in combat if necessary. The weekly charge basis assumes you won’t need it every day. Market price (budgetary) will be ~8k; that’s before any discounts from restrictions or you funding the xp. Natsu recommends keeping the item generally useable by anyone since you will likely have other things occupying your time when you need to repair the Dreadnoct.

By comparison, a 5 use/day item is ~43k.

Edit: Could also do an item based on Empowered Repair Moderate Damage to heal 22.5 hp per use. Better for in combat use. A 5/week item is ~15k.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:40:14 AM by Hero »

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2018, 12:08:14 PM »
If someone can post final decisions or changes that were made last night so that we have a record.  I will work on listing the crew.

We got rid of flight and added a captains lantern and 3 lanterns of revealing and one item that prevents fear I forget what it was called.  I think it was a standard

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »
We got rid of flight and added a captains lantern and 3 lanterns of revealing and one item that prevents fear I forget what it was called.  I think it was a standard
I thought we went with 1 captains lantern, 2 lanterns of revealing, and 3 anti fear banners.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2018, 12:51:23 PM »
Yes hero is right

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2018, 08:19:59 AM »
Natsu’s suggestion to Rin for repairing the Dreadnoct is a Repair Moderate Damage item that can be used 5 times per week to repair 2d8+6 hp per use. Will fully heal the construct if you expend all the charges (based on average rolls). It’s best for out of combat healing, but restores enough hp to warrant using in combat if necessary. The weekly charge basis assumes you won’t need it every day. Market price (budgetary) will be ~8k; that’s before any discounts from restrictions or you funding the xp. Natsu recommends keeping the item generally useable by anyone since you will likely have other things occupying your time when you need to repair the Dreadnoct.

By comparison, a 5 use/day item is ~43k.

Edit: Could also do an item based on Empowered Repair Moderate Damage to heal 22.5 hp per use. Better for in combat use. A 5/week item is ~15k.

I order 1!!!

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2018, 08:34:24 AM »
The Defender as 18 canon

- 8 long range 6 pound breach loaders.  Normal effective range - 5 kilGnometer. (3.1 miles)

Smooth bore, high velocity.  Sounds weird to the seasoned gunners when they are fired.  More of a sudden staccato pop, then a roar. Gnimitiz recommends firing on the downward rock of the boat as they slight top spin of the rounds will cause they to carry high more then slide low.  Should only be fired with solid and armor piercing shot. 

- 10 - 9 pound breach loaders - Normal effective range - 1.5 kilGnometers (1 mile)

Rifeled bore, low velocity.  Can be used with any "shot", for example, high explosive, chained, barred, etc.

All the guns react the same to being shot.  There are elevation, and degree markers on the scope that allow the guns to be reset easily over the recoil during the firing makes them slide up and back.   He also shows the gunners how to "shim" the sights if they feel they are off, or slowly adjust over time.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »
Which option?

EmpoweredRepair Moderate Damage

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »

EmpoweredRepair Moderate Damage
You paying xp?

And do you want any use restrictions? E.g., class, race, alignment, skill, feat.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »
You paying xp?

And do you want any use restrictions? E.g., class, race, alignment, skill, feat.

hell no, I'm to rich to pay experience anymore.

and sure, make this only usable by class:cleric, alignment:ng

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »

hell no, I'm to rich to pay experience anymore.

and sure, make this only usable by class:cleric, alignment:ng
Natsu presents to you the Nautilus of Empowered Repairing. It is a metallic softball sized shell made out of some type of alloy that Natsu tells you is highly corrosion resistant. He draws a dagger (you note it is adamantine) and proceeds to slice through the armor plating of the Dreadnoct. He then touches the Nautilus to the damage - dozens of thin, silvery tendrils snake out of the shell and latch on to the Dreadnoct’s “wound”, they all pulse simultaneously with a dim white light as the tear seals itself. The tendrils retract as fast as they emerged. It is all over in a matter of seconds, the Dreadnoct’s damage fully repaired.

The Nautilus functions 5 times/week. Each use functions as an Empowered Repair Moderate Damage spell cast at CL 6, restoring 1.5*(2d8+6) hp to a construct. It is a standard action to activate.

Cost is 13,350 gc.

Users must be a cleric with ranks in swim.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:21:17 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2018, 12:54:45 PM »
As long as everyone agrees they want this, Chase will pick up the tab.

What's the final price on this after discounts, restrictions, etc.?
Lyre of Building market cost is 13,000 gc. We can probably do craft(carpentry) and chaotic as prerequisites.

Malchia, I think this is a good opportunity for Profit to craft.

DM, we’ll need a subcontractor to cast fabricate (Wz5). What’s the cost per day for that?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
DM, we’ll need a subcontractor to cast fabricate (Wz5). What’s the cost per day for that?

You just need the spell cast, not the crafting skill to go with it, correct?  If so, 50gc.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
Done and done.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
Lyre of Building market cost is 13,000 gc. We can probably do craft(carpentry) and chaotic as prerequisites.

I assume xp is provided by Chase?