Author Topic: Ship Construction  (Read 50460 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Ship Construction
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
Millennium Talpan
Enterprise (We're the flagship and we seek profit.  A nice little pun on a classic name.  Maybe better suited if Natsu was allowed to sponsor the ship. ;))
Nautical By Nature
Leviathan
Ocean's Pride
Manifest Destiny
Some more names...

Liquid Courage
Final Frontier
Deep Dweller
Cyclone
Kraken Slayer
Chariot of the Seas
Calm Before the Storm
Mother Nature's Chariot
Horizon Catcher

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
Also can we put alignment restrictions and ranks sailor restriction on the magic items to reduce some of the cost.  So only good alignment with 5 ranks of profession sailing or something like that.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »
Also can we put alignment restrictions and ranks sailor restriction on the magic items to reduce some of the cost.  So only good alignment with 5 ranks of profession sailing or something like that.

On some of them, yes.  I believe I have given a reduced cost where possible.  The shackles and the sails cannot have that put on them.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2018, 05:39:35 PM »
We still need to decide on crew.  We need Rin, Valid, and Amari to weigh.  I think hero already did.

Ship's Mage

I like both but I think there is a slight leaning towards Camile.

Jean Calabrough is a human in his mid thirties.  He is handsome and sports a long to one side hair cut; black and 'skater' style.  His features are sharp and his skin is smooth.  He wears matte black boots and a belt as half cloak; opposing his stylish cream colored shirt and royal blue pants.  He has a golden necklace of lightning bolts and onyx armbands.  He is a sight to behold.  Hailing from Port Talp, he says that he has traveled the sea at times, and knows the basics of a ship.  He is a wizard, and being from Port Talp of course knows alchemy.  He would like to join this sure to be famous ship.  He notes his favorite spell is Lightning Leap.

Camile is also a resident of Port Talp.  She is barely over five feet tall and wears the clothes of a wealthy nun; thick and off white robes.  She was an apprentice of Beverly's and thinks, especially after the recent attack, you could use her talents.  She also knows the basics of a ship and claims she can be very effective in combat against evil creatures.  She says she is a master of Celestial Brilliance, and can cast a variety of holy spells

Helmsman I like Fitolin the best but would be open to Marco

3) Fitolin Selso'anet, a half-elven noble.  He comes highly recommended with three letters from notable members of Port Talp.  He has a fine education, excellent equipment including two magic items (you note upon detect magic inspection).  He conversation is polite and correct at every turn.  He demonstrates a superior knowledge of the skill set required.  He has been at sea many times, but not yet for a long voyage.

5) Marco Ponticelo del Vento is a Nipit whose name Chase and others that pay attention to the famous have heard before, and he arrives at your door.  Bordering on flamboyant, he has been sailing the seas for over twenty years; sometimes along on a small ship to demonstrate his skill.  He is talented and as skilled in seamanship, and likely more skilled, than any of you.  He comes in dressed ready for a long voyage with gear that is top notch and a number of magical items.  He is not overbearing when he speaks, and does not come across as if he thinks he is the deities' gift to you and the sea.  He is confident, however, and would clearly expect a nice price for his considerable skills.

Master of the forecastle the only candidate so far but he seems fine to me.

Tsari'moti

The gunner's mate's seem fine to me.  The only one of concern is the gnomish tinker.  What does everyone think of him,

Master of the tops
Parker seems fine but not if he cost to much.  How much more are we going to have to pay him

We still need candidates for prelate.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2018, 07:29:50 PM »
We still need to decide on crew.  We need Rin, Valid, and Amari to weigh.  I think hero already did.

Ship's Mage

Jean Calabrough is a human in his mid thirties.  He is handsome and sports a long to one side hair cut; black and 'skater' style.  His features are sharp and his skin is smooth.  He wears matte black boots and a belt as half cloak; opposing his stylish cream colored shirt and royal blue pants.  He has a golden necklace of lightning bolts and onyx armbands.  He is a sight to behold.  Hailing from Port Talp, he says that he has traveled the sea at times, and knows the basics of a ship.  He is a wizard, and being from Port Talp of course knows alchemy.  He would like to join this sure to be famous ship.  He notes his favorite spell is Lightning Leap.

Camile is also a resident of Port Talp.  She is barely over five feet tall and wears the clothes of a wealthy nun; thick and off white robes.  She was an apprentice of Beverly's and thinks, especially after the recent attack, you could use her talents.  She also knows the basics of a ship and claims she can be very effective in combat against evil creatures.  She says she is a master of Celestial Brilliance, and can cast a variety of holy spells

3) Fitolin Selso'anet, a half-elven noble.  He comes highly recommended with three letters from notable members of Port Talp.  He has a fine education, excellent equipment including two magic items (you note upon detect magic inspection).  He conversation is polite and correct at every turn.  He demonstrates a superior knowledge of the skill set required.  He has been at sea many times, but not yet for a long voyage.

5) Marco Ponticelo del Vento is a Nipit whose name Chase and others that pay attention to the famous have heard before, and he arrives at your door.  Bordering on flamboyant, he has been sailing the seas for over twenty years; sometimes along on a small ship to demonstrate his skill.  He is talented and as skilled in seamanship, and likely more skilled, than any of you.  He comes in dressed ready for a long voyage with gear that is top notch and a number of magical items.  He is not overbearing when he speaks, and does not come across as if he thinks he is the deities' gift to you and the sea.  He is confident, however, and would clearly expect a nice price for his considerable skills.

Tsari'moti

The gunner's mate's seem fine to me.  The only one of concern is the gnomish tinker.  What does everyone think of him,

Master of the tops
Parker seems fine but not if he cost to much.  How much more are we going to have to pay him

I know I'm not an owner, but what about Jean as Ship's Mage and Camile as Prelate?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2018, 07:46:09 PM »
That could be possible.  Dm does she have any cleric levels?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2018, 07:57:07 PM »
Here is Valdis' two coppers worth...

Ship's Mage

Ok for Ships Mage

Ok for Prelate

Either is fine.  Forced to choose, Valdis would choose the Half-Elf

Tsari'moti
Fine unless a better candidate comes along

The tinker is fine as long as he doesn't start experimenting on board

Master of the tops
Not much, all of the sails and rigging are magical and/or made easier with mechanics.  Same rate as the last time.

see above

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
That could be possible.  Dm does she have any cleric levels?

She does not.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:53 PM »
Another role that has to be filled is the Purser, the crew member in charge of handing out the money, accounting, negotiation of price of fees at other docks, money-changing, etc.

One of the interviewees for the position is an employee of the bank by the name of Braden Lewis-Kormier.  He is a well kept man in his early twenties with two letters of recommendation from the bank.  He says that he has been to sea twice on long voyages, although they were before the war.  Since then, he has been a money changer at the bank.  He looks fit, although he is clearly not a hardened sailor.

The other good option for purser is a slick talking older human with a receding hairline and hair as slick as his talking.  He is a veteran sailor and says he has been negotiating deals in foreign ports since before you were born (humans among you).  His language is sailor expected, and he has the wear on his face and arms to prove his hard life at sea.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2018, 11:02:11 PM »
I don’t know that we can afford both Camille and Jean.  Other then that it is a good idea.  We just might have to higher a much lower level prelate.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »
Another role that has to be filled is the Purser, the crew member in charge of handing out the money, accounting, negotiation of price of fees at other docks, money-changing, etc.

One of the interviewees for the position is an employee of the bank by the name of Braden Lewis-Kormier.  He is a well kept man in his early twenties with two letters of recommendation from the bank.  He says that he has been to sea twice on long voyages, although they were before the war.  Since then, he has been a money changer at the bank.  He looks fit, although he is clearly not a hardened sailor.

The other good option for purser is a slick talking older human with a receding hairline and hair as slick as his talking.  He is a veteran sailor and says he has been negotiating deals in foreign ports since before you were born (humans among you).  His language is sailor expected, and he has the wear on his face and arms to prove his hard life at sea.

I like the Kormier better.  The other guy seems shady enough to cheat us as well.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2018, 07:48:25 AM »
I prefer Marco!

Aaaand.. for purser, eh.. I like them both.

Ship name..

Event Horizon?
   King of the Tides
   Gemini - ( as the symbol.. two faiths)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
Let hero weigh in on the helmsman.  Since we have 2 leaning towards Fitolin right now.  If he goes for Fitolin then we take Fitolin and if he wants Marco then we go Marco.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
Here is posting xp for all of the work on the ship on the boards.  It may be given to your seafaring characters in any combination you prefer:

Malchia - 85xp

Valdis - 70xp

Hero - 115xp

Zunder - 75xp

Windblade - 290xp

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2018, 09:15:31 AM »
If someone can post final decisions or changes that were made last night so that we have a record.  I will work on listing the crew.