Author Topic: Ship Construction  (Read 50486 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Ship Construction
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
If there is room somewhere I will be shape change and cast a spell on myself to spar with him

"Since you are looking for a sailow, then we should fight on ship."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »
Do we have a ship to fight on?  It isn’t ready yet.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »
Do we have a ship to fight on?  It isn’t ready yet.

With less than a month to go, your ship is capable of hosting a sparring session on the main deck.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »
As long as their is nothing that can break and won’t hinder work on it then that is fine

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2018, 08:53:22 AM »
As long as their is nothing that can break and won’t hinder work on it then that is fine

Your sparring session shows you that he would be a match for any warrior you have on a ship.  He wears his scale armor, which you find odd; but he is clearly experienced fighting on a boat.  His Horarian cutlass is obviously magical and glows brighter when the wind blows.  Once outside, you also notice that he has an enchanted heavy crossbow, so large it borders on a seige crossbow.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2018, 09:13:12 AM »
Ok

During the building sessions you are asked as a group a couple questions by Gnimitz:

- Do you want fore/aft castles?

They are unusual for a fighting ship as they sit high in the water and make juicy targets, but they create a much more comfortable space for meetings/housing.  Without castles there will be little questions when sighted of what type of ship you are.

- Do you want a figure head?

Aesthetics only.

-  Are you ok with mechanics. 

Not clickers, but he says he can save you 15% crew by using cranks, pullies,etc,  If a normal ship ship would use man power to hoist a sale with a 3:1 pully, he can create a 10:2 ratio using gearing and cranks to let 1 man do the work of 3.  Not a clicker, just some gears.  Similar to what was on the riptide, just larger.  You would be supplied with 2 backups of each system.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:08:21 AM by Zunder »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
Amari responds, "Yes to the castles and the figurehead.  We can win encounters just by presenting ourselves.  And I have no problems with some mechanics, just some."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2018, 05:07:37 PM »
I aggress with Amari and we are going to get a Magical figurehead but he can craft the design that we put the magic on.  I am also ok with some mechanics but does that mean we need to higher a mechanic in case it breaks and is the mechanic actually a tinker or can there be a non tinker mechanic?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »
Here is a recap of what we still need pricing on.

Hardened Wood Alchemy - ?
Additional Magical Hardening - ?
Special Wood for Hull -
Fortified Aft Castle -
Ice Cannon – (I think it was 40k)
Hallow Spell for 1 year (possibly with Death Ward tied to it) - ?
Normal Jail with Silenced, Dimensional Anchor Shackles - ?
Price of Laterns ? (how many and are we concerned that this could effect our own crew)

Recap of crew Nathan would like to have but still need input from other owners

Ships mages: I like both and can’t decide

Jean Calabrough is a human in his mid thirties.  He is handsome and sports a long to one side hair cut; black and 'skater' style.  His features are sharp and his skin is smooth.  He wears matte black boots and a belt as half cloak; opposing his stylish cream colored shirt and royal blue pants.  He has a golden necklace of lightning bolts and onyx armbands.  He is a sight to behold.  Hailing from Port Talp, he says that he has traveled the sea at times, and knows the basics of a ship.  He is a wizard, and being from Port Talp of course knows alchemy.  He would like to join this sure to be famous ship.  He notes his favorite spell is Lightning Leap.

Camile is also a resident of Port Talp.  She is barely over five feet tall and wears the clothes of a wealthy nun; thick and off white robes.  She was an apprentice of Beverly's and thinks, especially after the recent attack, you could use her talents.  She also knows the basics of a ship and claims she can be very effective in combat against evil creatures.  She says she is a master of Celestial Brilliance, and can cast a variety of holy spells.

Helmsman:  I would like either of the following.

3) Fitolin Selso'anet, a half-elven noble.  He comes highly recommended with three letters from notable members of Port Talp.  He has a fine education, excellent equipment including two magic items (you note upon detect magic inspection).  He conversation is polite and correct at every turn.  He demonstrates a superior knowledge of the skill set required.  He has been at sea many times, but not yet for a long voyage.

5) Marco Ponticelo del Vento is a Nipit whose name Chase and others that pay attention to the famous have heard before, and he arrives at your door.  Bordering on flamboyant, he has been sailing the seas for over twenty years; sometimes along on a small ship to demonstrate his skill.  He is talented and as skilled in seamanship, and likely more skilled, than any of you.  He comes in dressed ready for a long voyage with gear that is top notch and a number of magical items.  He is not overbearing when he speaks, and does not come across as if he thinks he is the deities' gift to you and the sea.  He is confident, however, and would clearly expect a nice price for his considerable skills.

A Prelate that can effect on dead and can cast third level spells

Master of the Forecastle –I like our first interviewee

Tsari'moti – “Your sparring session shows you that he would be a match for any warrior you have on a ship.  He wears his scale armor, which you find odd; but he is clearly experienced fighting on a boat.  His Horarian cutlass is obviously magical and glows brighter when the wind blows.  Once outside, you also notice that he has an enchanted heavy crossbow, so large it borders on a seige crossbow”.

I try to find out who he worships
Where he got his scale

And why he want to join our ship.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »

Tsari'moti – “Your sparring session shows you that he would be a match for any warrior you have on a ship.  He wears his scale armor, which you find odd; but he is clearly experienced fighting on a boat.  His Horarian cutlass is obviously magical and glows brighter when the wind blows.  Once outside, you also notice that he has an enchanted heavy crossbow, so large it borders on a seige crossbow”.

I try to find out who he worships
Where he got his scale

And why he want to join our ship.

His answers are, "To be on the best ship sailing it what I want."

"I am no cleric or holy warrior."

"I had it made for me after I killed the beast."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
Is there anyway appropriate way to ask if that is dragonscale mail.  Like for example “is that from one of the beast that must evoke the name of”  and if,it is not dragon scale mail can I make a creature lore to see what type of animal it have come from?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »
Is there anyway appropriate way to ask if that is dragonscale mail.  Like for example “is that from one of the beast that must evoke the name of”  and if,it is not dragon scale mail can I make a creature lore to see what type of animal it have come from?

You ask Claude to stop by and take a look.  He tells you, "From a baby."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »
The crew you assemble includes the following seamen, of which you are bringing on 30.  If you have any issues or questions about them, post.

23 humans; of which 21 are non non-spellcasting class such as rogue, fighter, berserker, crafter, or 1st level bard (for you purposes of interviewing, they are mostly the same).

The remaining 2 are clerics, one of Tommimao (who is dedicated to travel and does not stink), and the other is a cleric of Treetop that Rin recognizes as an acolyte from the temple here in Port Talp.  There names are Adgar and Petric.

There are 4 Vass; three of which are standard non spellcasters, but the fourth is named Kassis Esslik and hails from one of the wealthiest Vass families in Port Talp.  He is young and well equipped.  Amari says at some point, "As captain, I suggest we take him on if for no other reason we gain favor with that community."

There is also a young Horarian and a plateau gnome.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
Was Lakius or Treetop involved with the religions wars between Tommimao and Tyragatore?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
Was Lakius or Treetop involved with the religions wars between Tommimao and Tyragatore?

No