Author Topic: The New War Domain  (Read 16164 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: The New War Domain
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 09:17:33 PM »
Battle line seems fine for 2nd.  Mass Camouflage is a 4the spell and Tactical Precision is a 2nd level spell so not sure why they are options for the 1st level spell slot.  I can't seem to find any of the spells in the 3rd level slot. 4th level I can't seem to find legion's aid or battlefield fortification.  I don't like warcry. 6th I like Righteous Wrath of the Faithful.  For 7th I like animate siege weapon.  I can't find the spells for 8th either
Clearly we have very different taste in spells. Battleline is an Evil spell. Warcry I think is one of the best and Animate Siege Weapon is useless.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
That is an interesting idea for a granted power, any thoughts?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
Clearly we have very different taste in spells. Battleline is an Evil spell. Warcry I think is one of the best and Animate Siege Weapon is useless.

I think our assessments are closer then you think.  I will explain further.  First you missed one of my post.  I was reading the wrong war cry.  I like the one you want to use and agree it is one of the better choices.  I didn't particular like battle line but there didn't seem to be other choices.  Some of the spells being suggested for low levels were at the wrong level.  I also didn't know it was evil.  So I would be fine getting rid of battle line.  Again I agree with your assessment of Animate siege weapon.  I think it is pretty useless.  I think we could do better.  However, the other spell wrack the earth although a better spell doesn't seem to fit at all.  It is just an elemental earth spell to me.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »
That is an interesting idea for a granted power, any thoughts?
while its interesting I have two issues with it: it's very powerful and if the rest of you disagree, I don't think it fits for war. Would be a better fit for a chaos type domain, mischief, transformation etc.

Power: as a free action expend a turn attempt to increase your base attack to equal your total level for a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
1 Tactical Precision 
2 Battle Hymn (SpC)
3 Mass Conviction OR Stand Firm (tFoW)
4 Warcry (CA)
5 Drums of War (HoB)
6 Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
7 Consecrate / Desecrate Battlefield
8 City's Might (RoD)
9 Tides of Battle (MoR)

Thoughts?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 11:08:23 PM »
while its interesting I have two issues with it: it's very powerful and if the rest of you disagree, I don't think it fits for war. Would be a better fit for a chaos type domain, mischief, transformation etc.

Power: as a free action expend a turn attempt to increase your base attack to equal your total level for a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier.

I like the power, but I would disconnect it from Turn Attempt and Charisma modifier.  I would make it what we are trying to use as a standard which is once + once per three cleric levels per day.  That is what we are going to use for the number of Strength domain uses and other domain uses that are too powerful for once per cleric level.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »
Ok on the power. I HATE consecrate/desecrate battlefield.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
1 Tactical Precision 
2 Battle Hymn (SpC)
3 Mass Conviction OR Stand Firm (tFoW)
4 Warcry (CA)
5 Drums of War (HoB)
6 Greater Status OR Vigorous Circle
7 Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
8 City's Might (RoD)
9 Tides of Battle (MoR)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
Mass Conviction, Vigorous Circle. What does City Might do?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 20 ft.
Target: One creature/two levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 10 rounds + 1 round/level (max 40 rounds)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
You invoke healing energy over a group of creatures, granting each the fast healing ability for the duration of the spell.
Each subject heals 3 hit points per round of such damage until the spell ends and is automatically stabilized if he or she begins dying from hit point loss during that time.
Mass lesser vigor does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, nor does it allow a creature to regrow or attach lost body parts.
The effects of multiple vigor spells do not stack; only the highest-level effect applies.
Applying a second vigor spell of equal level extends the first spell's duration by the full duration of the second spell.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »
Mass Conviction is Legion's Conviction.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
Components: V, S, M, DF,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level; see text
You draw upon a city and its inhabitants for additional strength.
You gain an enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution, as well as damage reduction, based on the size of the community you are in (see page 137 of the Dungeon Master's Guide).
If you are not within 100 feet of a community when the spell is cast, the spell has no effect.
If you move more than 100 feet from the community before the duration elapses, the spell's effect ends immediately.
For example, you could retain the effect while adventuring within the city's sewers, but heading to a dungeon a mile away would end the effect.
Material Component: A chip of city stone or brick.

Fits as a spell used to defend a population center.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
I like Shadow Battlefield better than City Might but I like City Might as well. If people like it better than RWF we could move it down a level. Tide of Battle is pretty similar to RWF so it would not be a huge loss. Otherwise I would go RWF, Shadow Battlefield, Tide.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
Let us vote on Shadow Battlefield vs City's Might.

I will start by voting for City's Might, mainly because I don't like to adjust the spell to fit our needs.  Other votes?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Let us vote on Shadow Battlefield vs City's Might.

I will start by voting for City's Might, mainly because I don't like to adjust the spell to fit our needs.  Other votes?
Just in case anyone is unclear, Shadow Battlefield is actually Shadow Landscape. I think it's a better spell than City Might because CM is caster only where most of our spells in this domain aid a fighting force in some way.