Author Topic: Old Enemy and Lost Love  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Old Enemy and Lost Love
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »
I'll pay my respects at his grave if the temple of Gruweas will allow me to enter.  I keep my undead/vampire sensors on high alert near his tomb.  If I sense something, I tell the group.  If not, I head home and ponder everything that happened with Elizabeth and Gmax.

They allow you, it is all clear.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 07:44:22 PM »
They allow you, it is all clear.
Okay, I head back home and gather the money I owe everyone from the expedition.  I thank them and offer everyone dinner. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 10:11:10 PM »
You safely make it back to the plantation.
You are all welcome to stay at the Homestead for as long as you'd like. Plenty of space, plenty of food, and plenty of good company.

And you could all come to the sunrise services - some old friends of mine from my days at the Temple in Dukalia arrived a few weeks ago to help grow the faith here, and they really turned the daily liturgy into something very beautiful. Watching the sun break over the horizon, driving away the darkness as a choir of nipits and halflings sings in joyous harmony...brings a tear to my eye every time. I'll have to introduce you to them, especially Rio and Jerrica. They are a married nipit couple - we go way back - Rio is the new shrine Pastor (Fiona wants to focus on more active promotion of the faith in Grimhold) and Jerrica is the choir director. She really has an ear for music.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »
In the end, the fear of the undead won against his efforts for expanded freedoms.
If the information you received is true, this would be the highest profile action he has taken in years.
With the threat of undead diminished, perhaps this John character sees an opportunity to pick things back up.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 01:44:16 AM »
You are all welcome to stay at the Homestead for as long as you'd like. Plenty of space, plenty of food, and plenty of good company.

And you could all come to the sunrise services - some old friends of mine from my days at the Temple in Dukalia arrived a few weeks ago to help grow the faith here, and they really turned the daily liturgy into something very beautiful. Watching the sun break over the horizon, driving away the darkness as a choir of nipits and halflings sings in joyous harmony...brings a tear to my eye every time. I'll have to introduce you to them, especially Rio and Jerrica. They are a married nipit couple - we go way back - Rio is the new shrine Pastor (Fiona wants to focus on more active promotion of the faith in Grimhold) and Jerrica is the choir director. She really has an ear for music.

so good....

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:56 AM »
In three days I will switch my focus to the rogues.  If you have any questions about the events of the last session, please ask them soon.

Assume that your characters have two months of down time.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 09:58:02 AM »
In three days I will switch my focus to the rogues.  If you have any questions about the events of the last session, please ask them soon.

In that time, Marston builds more Brawlers and tries to recruit some more talent in order to beef up security within Grimhold.  I'm going to build a task force entrusted to investigate the most difficult criminal cases.  The first case we'll be training for is to bring John Gneletter to justice.   

I work with Artemus, Finn, and Sly to research any additional bounties on other law enforcement agents.  If any are found, I try to get them removed legally.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
In that time, Marston builds more Brawlers and tries to recruit some more talent in order to beef up security within Grimhold.  I'm going to build a task force entrusted to investigate the most difficult criminal cases.  The first case we'll be training for is to bring John Gneletter to justice.   

I work with Artemus, Finn, and Sly to research any additional bounties on other law enforcement agents.  If any are found, I try to get them removed legally.

The powers that be agree to your creation of a task force, however, they remind you that your focus is on New Grimhold and the newly settled lands.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 10:54:26 AM »
The powers that be agree to your creation of a task force, however, they remind you that your focus is on New Grimhold and the newly settled lands.
Marston acknowledges their concerns and assures them that he will not loose sight of his responsibilities in New Grimhold.

That being said, there's all sorts of new talent flooding in from all directions due to the real estate boom in New Grimhold.  I should have little trouble assembling a team.   

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »

Anyone spot the 80's tv show reference?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »
Finn continues to develop the farmstead. I get to work on the wall on our side of the DMZ using wall of stone and move earth.

Fiona continues to evangelize for the faith in Grimhold and New Grimhold (accompanied by her unicorn friend).

Bonsai brews some organic potions.

Finn will also awaken a few more trees to keep Bonsai and Charles company.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 10:19:52 PM »

I ignored it to save you from an xp penalty, but since you persist...

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »
Finn continues to develop the farmstead. I get to work on the wall on our side of the DMZ using wall of stone and move earth.

Fiona continues to evangelize for the faith in Grimhold and New Grimhold (accompanied by her unicorn friend).

Bonsai brews some organic potions.

Finn will also awaken a few more trees to keep Bonsai and Charles company.

As long as Charles is in charge.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »
Might that be a Jem and the Holograms reference? 

Your Nipits better be wearing loud, obnoxious 80's clothes with gaudy jewelry and hoop earrings.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »
In addition to building Brawlers, I would like to have a silencer built to fit the Brawler.  For now, I'd just like one for mine.