Author Topic: Water You Mean He's a Gnome?  (Read 37054 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Water You Mean He's a Gnome?
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »
Asking the group before we ask the Nixie, should we ask it where this "Maker of War" is?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »
Asking the group before we ask the Nixie, should we ask it where this "Maker of War" is?
This is probably a good idea.  More than just where he is, but maybe what his end game is?  It feels like another diversion from Scalehome's ultimate goal.  I feel like he was tasked with keeping us distracted so they could implement a more sinister plan.  Same goes for Zat.  He's toying with us and I don't like it.  Out of Tyrogatorian principle, I plan on crushing Zat's skull and finishing him once and for all, but nonetheless, I think he and The Maker of War are distractions for us.  Not sure what to do next.  More specifically, I'm not sure who to kill first.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »
Unless anyone else has anything to add, I will post Ash and Kellen results tonight.

The two leave after the sun sets on the days after the fight at the lake (which occurred before sunrise that morning).

With all of your spells active, and all of their talents, they make it to the edge of the clearing which surrounds the lake with no problem.

With Kellen watching, Ash makes his way to the lake.  There are no guards around the lake.  Off to the side, you see a new structure.  Quickly constructed, it appears to be a memorial to halfing warriors.

Once in the lake, you swim around and find nothing out of the ordinary for what you would expect.  Fish and water.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:27 PM »
  Off to the side, you see a new structure.  Quickly constructed, it appears to be a memorial to halfing warriors.

Vor'ruk feels badly.. when times allow, he will stand a vigil.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
The two leave after the sun sets on the days after the fight at the lake (which occurred before sunrise that morning).

With all of your spells active, and all of their talents, they make it to the edge of the clearing which surrounds the lake with no problem.

With Kellen watching, Ash makes his way to the lake.  There are no guards around the lake.  Off to the side, you see a new structure.  Quickly constructed, it appears to be a memorial to halfing warriors.

Once in the lake, you swim around and find nothing out of the ordinary for what you would expect.  Fish and water.

Hmmm...

Nothing with my scent ability? 

Can I use my survival ability and see if there WAS anything out of the normal here that might not be here anymore.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2018, 09:48:23 AM »
Hmmm...

Nothing with my scent ability? 

Can I use my survival ability and see if there WAS anything out of the normal here that might not be here anymore.

You sense the lingering scent of fey which is now gone from the lake.  There were definitely a number of fey in the lake not long ago.

You also sense great fear and nervousness from the natural fish and creatures of the lake at your presence.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2018, 10:46:18 AM »
I take an hour and prepare speak with animal.  I want to ask the fish what has been going on here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »
I take an hour and prepare speak with animal.  I want to ask the fish what has been going on here.

As a shark, they will not come near enough to you to talk.  Also, fish are dumb; so you will have to look for something a bit smarter.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »
I'll come out of the shapeshift.  What else might be down here that is smarter?  I can also potentially speak with plants but their limitations might make that useless.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2018, 11:06:30 AM »
I'll come out of the shapeshift.  What else might be down here that is smarter?  I can also potentially speak with plants but their limitations might make that useless.

Turtle, frog, snake.  You have both the swim spell and water breathing, so you should be fine.  I assume you are not wearing armor.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
I am not wearing armor, turtles seem smart.  Let's find a turtle.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »
I am not wearing armor, turtles seem smart.  Let's find a turtle.

You find a Cheekhair Painted Turtle (so named for the coloring on its underbelly that resembles a male halfling's face with mutton chops).  It is about a foot across and it eyes you lazily.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »
You find a Cheekhair Painted Turtle (so named for the coloring on its underbelly that resembles a male halfling's face with mutton chops).  It is about a foot across and it eyes you lazily.

Can you please tell me what has been happening here?  What have the Fey been doing in the Lake? 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »
Can you please tell me what has been happening here?  What have the Fey been doing in the Lake?

Fey pee in lake.  Live water clean lake.  Fey not here now.